Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
D
journeyman
journeyman
D
Originally Posted by auriejir
Originally Posted by dza101
Regarding #1, I believe darkvision is now 12 m, and superior darkvision is 24 m.
it has always been those values, it corresponds to the 30 and 60 ft dark vision in the manual. devilsight should be 120 ft so 48 m but the game can't recognize any distance past 32 ~ 36 m

Originally Posted by Barverak
3) 3/4 of the way through this playthrough, everyone, dead and alive, got a combat aura about them all the time, it was always on and can been seen through walls. Do you know how easy it is to avoid fights when you know they're coming?
have you tried fiddling with the option governing this ? comments on it might help (I don't know how long your playthrough is but it is possible that they don't have time to playtest for that long ^.^')

I forgot to mention that since this patch (I think), companions seem way more determined to hold / go to their assigned positions, even if it means climbing on and off for 5 minutes, jumping on my cat, killing it in the process and walking on all kind of traps... it is rather annoying. where did the positioning grid go by the way ? I might have been influenced by the past year but I would appreciate some more space, especially when I'm checking for traps...

In the manual, I believe regular darkvision = 60 f, and superior darkvision = 120 f? So they've halved the numbers.

Last edited by dza101; 03/11/21 06:58 PM.
A
journeyman
journeyman
A
Originally Posted by dza101
In the manual, I believe regular darkvision = 60 f, and superior darkvision = 120 f? So they've halved the numbers.
You are absolutely right, sorry for the error.

however, the values were already 12 and 24 in prior versions / patches of the game and putting a value of more than 32~36m for the range of a spell will still be ignored and treated as this 32~36m limit (never actually bothered checking which was the actual value,I put 36 as my default range for spells and my character always still move to get in range...). I will test with 48m darkvision range, to see if there is any visual change...
I guess this is an engine limitation and with the whole fps killing light thingy they just added in this patch, this limitation might be here to stay... no meteor swarm for us, I'm afraid (1.6 km range)(and 4 points of impact on a target spell, which is another arbitrary limitation)(also, the game doesn't display ninth level spells slots while doing it fine for eighth and lower)(seriously, you can't put an "infinite wish ring" in and not expect that someone will put ninth level spell slots on it)...

Last edited by auriejir; 04/11/21 11:20 AM.
stranger
stranger
And some more:-

14. NPC's have an strange habbit of wandering around battlefields during fights. This includes them walking into or through AOE spells such as Cloud of Daggers etc. Are they really that stupid?
15. The conversation with Thulla at the myconid colony after rescuing the gnomes occasionally breaks and leaves the character in conversation mode unable to break out or do anyting except reload

A
journeyman
journeyman
A
if you kill astarion on sight, when you talk to the hunter, your companions will react as if he was ever a part of the group

D
stranger
stranger
D
Originally Posted by fylimar
- I think, darkvision is not working properly - at least, my elves and tieflings are not seeing more anymore, than the humans and gith

I am experiencing the same issue here.
Darkvision is not even listed in the racial traits.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

apprentice
apprentice
My characters say they have dark vision, but it doesn't seem to work. Also, produce flame claims to produce a bright light in your hand, but it doesn't actually illuminate anything for me. That said, it's been very difficult to see in the Underdark in this playthrough.

A
journeyman
journeyman
A
Originally Posted by rhecto1
My characters say they have dark vision, but it doesn't seem to work. Also, produce flame claims to produce a bright light in your hand, but it doesn't actually illuminate anything for me. That said, it's been very difficult to see in the Underdark in this playthrough.
by the book, produce flame is bright light for 3m, then dim light for another 3m. it works if all you want is avoid the disadvantage at close range but for the rest, it is pretty weak... try the light cantrip for actual light, it is pretty good.

can my followers stop jumping on me ? and, when they do, can it not send me flying ? and when it happen, can I not die because everything is an instadeath pit despite having feather fall on ? and when it occurs, can I not loose all my important stuff on the ground ?
on an "unrelated" note, can we have a time based autosave now ? the game have been on early access for a year now, I don't feel like having achieved anything new so I kind of forget to save and shadowheart jumping on me, sending me to my death made me lose my whole play session. not that I achieved anything, it was mainly inventory management but I would rather not do it again... I've seen a lot of comparisons to another company based at bethesda, they know their game is bugged and that fixing it would cost money so... they gave players an autosave. does it fix bugs ? no. but loosing 4 minutes of play is less frustrating than loosing two hours.

M
stranger
stranger
M
[img]https://ibb.co/fCSWYTD[/img]

I'm using DirectX 11 because Vulkan just crashes on startup, everything was working fine until patch 6 and this glitchy pixelated border showed up. I tried fiddling with the graphics setting for an hour or 2 but no matter what I did it wouldn't go away. the strangest part is that the UI is over the top of the bug not sure why.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Barverak
4) In Grymforge, the Gnome brother you rescue who takes over the clan, who's namew also escapes me atm, his face is melted away and you see his teeth move with his eye floating where the eye socket should be.

Yep, that's how I see Withers as of Patch 6.

Old bug : The helmet of grit has never worked properly. It will give the wearer an extra bonus action if it goes below 50% health and will not take it away even if the wearer is fully healed.

Larian, please make accessibility a priority for upcoming patches.
A
journeyman
journeyman
A
Originally Posted by MightyOwl42
nice one, are your graphic card's drivers up to date ? it looks like a part of your display is just garbage data, if those are up to date, try fiddling with the display options, for science.

Originally Posted by Flooter
Old bug : The helmet of grit has never worked properly. It will give the wearer an extra bonus action if it goes below 50% health and will not take it away even if the wearer is fully healed.
this might be an actual bug, the data says it shouldn't stay once healed. I had a similar issue with temp HP that did not disappeared when reaching 0 but I don't have enough data on how and why to reproduce it reliably.

M
stranger
stranger
M
my drivers are up to date but this card is really odd its been glitchy since I got it, the glitch doesn't appear when I use integrated graphics so ill look at replacing the card

thanks for the help

addict
addict
Another old bug I haven’t seen mentioned before: the panel of open doors don’t block line of sight.

I’m thinking specifically of the giant doors in the goblin temple. Once they’re swung open, characters will walk around the door panels as though they’re solid. But should you try to hide your wizard behind them, gobbos will nail him through the panel as if the giant wooden slabs weren’t there.

This is particularly infuriating as the terrain continuously conspires to block line of sight for your PCs with random debris. Conditionally solid doors feels like the game is outright cheating.

Larian, please make accessibility a priority for upcoming patches.
A
journeyman
journeyman
A
Originally Posted by rhecto1
I would like to amend my previous statement, patch 5 had a flickering light associated with produce flame and it is indeed "gone" in patch 6. the changes to the lighting engine meant all light had to be changed (I had to do it for my version of darkvision for example), this one might have been forgotten...

on a different note but the same cantrip, I tried simplifying the produce flame cantrip by fiddling with the spellroll, SpellSuccess and SpellFail so that if you target yourself, you keep the flame in your hand, if you target another creature, they get attacked and if you hit an enemy or the ground, any flame you had is gone.
I am not sure if I was wrong or not but my spellroll was "not Ally() and Attack(AttackType.RangedSpellAttack)" and attacking myself was painful. I guess I wasn't my own ally as demonstrated by the fact that I attacked myself...

Last edited by auriejir; 25/11/21 09:10 PM.
A
journeyman
journeyman
A
[Linked Image from cdn.discordapp.com]
got this while at this spot with this camera angle in the temple camp. guess what it is ? it's the skeleton's outline, I teleported him around and it match...
just in case this is actually processed, the skeleton's green outline behaves weirdly at some camera angles. I would look for a division by zero but I'm most certainly wrong...

ps : don't look too much into the rest of the picture...

Last edited by auriejir; 05/12/21 08:25 PM.
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard