Larian Banner
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Took the day off yesterday to watch the stream and experience Patch 6. Ended up in an 8 hour multiplayer playthrough. We all ended up playing sorcerers - which I DO NOT recommend as you will be severely underpowered but we made it work with some creative play. We got to see a lot of fun Wild Magic bursts, I would love to have a list but if I can recall we had.

I am tagging with spoilers for those that don't want to know them all.

Wild Magic Surge - every spell you cast for the next Turn will return Sorc points based on spell level.
Wild Magic Surge - casts Blur on everyone in 9M
Wild Magic Surge - Spells you cast will heal those within 3M.
Wild Magic Surge - Casts Invisibility on everyone 6m
Wild Magic Surge - Fog cloud centered on you.

Anyway, we had a lot of positive feedback in our session. We also ran into some bugs and eventually had to stop because of a game breaking bug that we could not recover from.

The good stuff:
1. The graphics were absolutely eye-popping. We were all in total shock for at least 2 minutes when the first screen hit and we saw the new colors, fire effects, textures, detail and lighting. There was no question it was a vast improvement. On a RTX 2070 Super with an Acer Predator it was mind-blowingly good. The only other game with graphics this intense that I have seen is Cyberpunk 2077.
2. The Sorcerer is a fun class and adds a lot to the party. It still feels a little underpowered compared to other classes but that may be at this level. Again, I don't suggest running 4 of them. It was messy, we are NOT good tanks. No TPK, but a lot of deathrolling. We feel the loss of synergy may have contributed a lot to the feeling of being underpowered.
3. The grime effects were a lot of fun, and added a nice touch of realism. We loved it, and are grateful for the time spent adding those details.
4. The new spells we saw on the sorcerer side were a blast. I got to use Cloud of Daggers to great effect multiple times. Crown of Madness ended up being a little tricky to use but we did get one NPC to haul off and kill a nearby one.
5. The background activity has been ramped up significantly on cutscenes. Example: In the Volo Goblin camp one - you can hear an actual music instrument playing to him trying to sing, and the crowd responds to his bad singing.

The game-breaking bug after 8 hours.

We ran into a bug in The Grymforge where enemy units would not attack - and would get caught in "Plotting Next Move". Not sure if the bug is site specific. Save/reload did not fix. We had to stop playing as the "Plotting Next Move" eventually times out but it slowed combat to a crawl and did not provide a challenge.

Overall great patch though. I am incredibly grateful to the Larian team for the amazing work. We had a lot of laughs, I got to kill my team members a few times with "poorly aimed spells", and there was a lot of excitement. We are going back in this weekend for another 8-10 hour run with a more balanced party. Can't wait.

Thank you again, for being the only truly great game company out there that cares about making fun and challenging games.

Last edited by Blackheifer; 15/10/21 03:09 PM.

Blackheifer
veteran
veteran
Should we add our own wild magic effects? Bcs just few minutes back i found one especialy juicy.
for the next *X(5? Sory dont remember)* turns ... when you cast a spell including cantrips you and your spell target will swap places.

It was fun bcs i could use Dancing Lights targeting Laezel as misty step during tutorial

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 15/10/21 03:02 PM.

Short coment on my English. smile

Anyway ... i cast Eldritch Blast!
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
Should we add our own wild magic effects? Bcs just few minutes back i found one especialy juicy.
for the next *X(5? Sory dont remember)* turns ... when you cast a spell including cantrips you and your spell target will swap places.

It was fun bcs i could use Dancing Lights targeting Laezel as misty step during tutorial

I REALLY want a list of the surge table!

So yes! MORE!

Blackheifer

Link Copied to Clipboard