Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
I don't know if this has been said before, but the reduced fall damage of second story work feels underwhelming as an feature to the class. Easy access to abilities like feather fall, jump, and even easy access to healing makes it not that valuable.

With the high dex of thief builds (I don't know of any STR-based thief), I think second story work should change your jump to be based on DEX instead of STR. This would make the feature feel more impactful and closer to the original book aspect of Thief in allowing you to climb any wall.

journeyman
journeyman
That's a really good idea. I approve

veteran
veteran
Cant even imagine how much will be people Swearing about "stealing unique feeling from Monk" :-/

But i like the idea ...
Cant see tho any reason why not having both? o_O

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
S
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
Whoops, I didn't know Monk had something similar, I never played that class before.

I knew they had slow fall, but that was basically fall resistance. Kind of how BG3s Second Story Work currently functions.

veteran
veteran
It's not stealing from Monk, Rag - Second-Story work functionally gives you a climbing speed, more or less, but that's not the same things as Monk's mid level, supernatural-like ability to run on smooth walls and across the surface of water (And I can't wait to see BG3's interpretation of that ability...).

journeyman
journeyman
The rogue is underwhelming in this game since they gave other classes part of Cunning Action for free, took away Expertise, and also made Sneak Attack less useful.

I like this idea. I like it a lot.

I'd also like proficiency in Athletics to increase the jumping distance for low strength characters...

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Niara
It's not stealing from Monk, Rag - Second-Story work functionally gives you a climbing speed, more or less, but that's not the same things as Monk's mid level, supernatural-like ability to run on smooth walls and across the surface of water (And I can't wait to see BG3's interpretation of that ability...).
I know ...
I just said that i can easily imagine that some people will see that differently. :P

And yes, im looking forward for this too ...
This and allowing druids in spider form to climb walls. :3

Originally Posted by Marcus Artorius
I'd also like proficiency in Athletics to increase the jumping distance for low strength characters...
Athletics, or Acrobacy wichever is higher i would dare to say. :-/
And yes i know that Acrobacy is actualy more like Capability to remain Ballance, but still ...

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
old hand
old hand

Not considering it difficult terrain, probably?

Optimistically Apocalyptic
journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
I know ...
I just said that i can easily imagine that some people will see that differently. :P

And yes, im looking forward for this too ...
This and allowing druids in spider form to climb walls. :3

Athletics, or Acrobacy wichever is higher i would dare to say. :-/
And yes i know that Acrobacy is actualy more like Capability to remain Ballance, but still ...

Acrobatics should be used to help prevent fall damage from when jumping too high, while Athletics should help you jump higher/farther.

Right now, though, does Acrobatics even do anything?

veteran
veteran

Acrobatics helps resist against being shoved. (It doesn't help to shove, only to resist against being shoved.)

In my opinion, acrobatics should allow a character's jump distance to be based off Dex instead of Str. That's a change I would like to see.

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by JandK

Acrobatics helps resist against being shoved. (It doesn't help to shove, only to resist against being shoved.)

In my opinion, acrobatics should allow a character's jump distance to be based off Dex instead of Str. That's a change I would like to see.
I wouldn't be against that. Since there's no climbing action, low strength characters need a way to get around (i.e. jumping).

Agree to this!
Always found it super annoying that you need a STR char to be able to get to certain places (excluding magic).
Harpies nest, some chests around the world. Just Lae'zel and Tav who can reach it, depending on class.

Link Copied to Clipboard