Next Thread
Print Thread
#793245 15/10/21 09:22 PM
N
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
N
Clerics need Spiritual Weapon. It's what a cleric does with his bonus action. It lasts 10 turns and does NOT require concentration. Think about that! The WotC design of that spell was intentional and intended to let clerics contribute to combat in a more meaningful way.

It is a staple in TT. I also used it almost every combat in Solasta through 10th level.

It can't be that hard to implement... it was even included in Sword Coast Legends!

Every patch that doesn't include staples like this convince me that the Larian designers don't really understand 5e... but cutscenes are pretty.

addict
addict
Datamining has shown that they have plans for spiritual weapon.

N
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
N
Originally Posted by andreasrylander
Datamining has shown that they have plans for spiritual weapon.

Thank you for the information!

I'll admit I'm still skeptical. Hell, we still don't have Dodge (which should take about 5 minutes to code)... but there's probably a placeholder for it somewhere too.

Each time a patch is released I see a ton of stuff that is not even in 5e and other stuff that is just visual improvements (which are stunning), but these do not substitute for core mechanics. There are so many basics still missing that I'm quickly losing faith.

BTW... Do you know if Spirit Guardians is in there? FWIW.

apprentice
apprentice
I have a feeling that they will add both SW and SG - both are staple spells for a cleric. You can still do a lot in the current version, by the way. Bless does wonders for a low level party, and guiding bolt can wreak havoc against boss level enemies. And then there's healing word and channel divinity. I wouldn't get discouraged though - Larian have their priorities. If they didn't add it today, it doesn't mean they won't add it tomorrow. Or at launch.

Link Copied to Clipboard