Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
G
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
G
I have no idea why but NPCs become hostile to me or run away in fear when I am just standing next to them. Some NPCs think I'm hostile. I finally gave up when the Druids in the grove all attacked me while I was in a conversation with one of them. They said something about me drawing my weapon but I was in a conversation. I have no idea if this is something I'm doing or a bug. Could it be Gale's spider familiar causing an issue?

U
apprentice
apprentice
U
I found a while back, there are definitely times you don't want your or Gale's familiar out. Found that out on the ship. Haven't had an issue with Wyll's familiars, but I usually don't have them out or I use the Imp and make it go invisible.

I
stranger
stranger
I
Originally Posted by Ulgrym
I found a while back, there are definitely times you don't want your or Gale's familiar out. Found that out on the ship. Haven't had an issue with Wyll's familiars, but I usually don't have them out or I use the Imp and make it go invisible.

Yeah, that's not the issue. I just killed the goblins and walked into the grove, used persuade to stop the fight with Zevlor, then went into my character to level up and Zevlor keeps interrupting me while I'm choosing a level 2 spell babbling about the assault he is investigating and attacks me.

M
stranger
stranger
M
I've had this issue too, and I had no familiars at either of those times.

-Better a witty fool than a foolish wit-
G
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
G
Originally Posted by Ichthyomancer
Zevlor keeps interrupting me while I'm choosing a level 2 spell babbling about the assault he is investigating and attacks me.

Yes, this is what I'm seeing. Is this new to Patch 6 because I don't see anyone else mentioning it in patch 6 discussions but it has never happened to me before patch 6. Some NPCs will just run away yelling "Help!" and others will ask me about an assault which I can usually persuade them that I had nothing to do with but eventually they decide that I "betrayed" them and attack me.

Last edited by GamerSerg; 16/10/21 02:10 PM.
addict
addict
Originally Posted by Ichthyomancer
Originally Posted by Ulgrym

Yeah, that's not the issue. I just killed the goblins and walked into the grove, used persuade to stop the fight with Zevlor, then went into my character to level up and Zevlor keeps interrupting me while I'm choosing a level 2 spell babbling about the assault he is investigating and attacks me.
can confirm this happened with me too.

L
stranger
stranger
L
Did you cast "Friends" or "Charm" on anyone? There seems to be a chance for NPCs to turn hostile when the effect ends (which is intentional I think).

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Luks96
Did you cast "Friends" or "Charm" on anyone? There seems to be a chance for NPCs to turn hostile when the effect ends (which is intentional I think).
Intentional it might be ...
But its a little odd ...

My experience was to cast "Friends" to Astarion, when i was persuating him to tell me about Cazador ...
When i Canceled the spell, i god Astarion Disaprooves ... so far so good ...
But then sudently Gale run to Lae'zel and acused her from stealing. laugh And since she have almost none charisma, i had no chance except pay him to shut up. laugh

If my comments bother you, there is nothing easier than telling me to stop.
I mean ... I won't ... but it's easy to say. wink
Hey, today I've had a similiar problem with an NPC. I was trading with Arron and in the middle of trading he became hostile and attacked me.

G
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
G
Originally Posted by Luks96

It's possible. I probably used Friends when persuading the Druid leader to let the girl go but that shouldn't be reason enough to have her announce that I have "betrayed" them and order every Druid in the grove to attack me. I bet I also used Friends to persuade the two Tieflings that captured the Gith companion to leave but then they also attacked me after the conversation. I don't mind some consequence for casting a spell on someone but I hardly think it should cause everyone to immediately want to kill you. The whole point of the spell is to help you reach a peaceful resolution so making the target attack you after the conversation can't be good.

Link Copied to Clipboard