Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#793289 15/10/21 11:44 PM
addict
OP Offline
addict
And I suspect it’s due to their um size and certain camp scenes. They will have to figure out how to make that look um not creepy.

They did give the Enlarge-Reduce spell. Because you know that's what people in the realms use it for.

old hand
old hand
It only lasts for a minute, but that's all I need, babe~

Optimistically Apocalyptic
veteran
Online Embarrased
veteran
Sorcerers can prolong its duration. laugh

Anyway ...
Im also looking forward for my gnomie. ^_^
Kinda dissapointed that i cant go to grimforge as a gnome right now, bcs that would be awesome. laugh

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
addict
addict
Enlarge lasts only a minute? I guess maybe with Haste you could get more done in that short a time.

The only thing that Gnomes ever brought to the game was the illusionist multi-class ability. Otherwise the Dwarf is better in every way, except unless you prefer having a big nose. But with no racial class limitations anymore, and no uniqueness to the Illusionist spell list since 2E+ implemented the awful mage specialization sub-classes, there is really no reason for gnomes to exist in any way other than garden ornamentation.

V
stranger
stranger
V
Halfings would like a word with you.

veteran
Online Embarrased
veteran
Originally Posted by VonFoxFire
Make It Look Like an Accident

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
V
stranger
stranger
V
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
Originally Posted by VonFoxFire
Make It Look Like an Accident

*rubs hands together menacingly* What I don't know what you mean...although I can't be blamed if someone accidently trips off the side of a tower now can I?

Last edited by VonFoxFire; 16/10/21 06:41 PM.
addict
addict
I actually like Halflings. They have always represented the resilience of the common folk, and they love to laugh and are very hard to corrupt. I could do without the hairy feet, but otherwise they are a fantastic race and one of my favorite companions.

Argyle #793589 16/10/21 09:11 PM
V
stranger
stranger
V
Originally Posted by Argyle
I actually like Halflings. They have always represented the resilience of the common folk, and they love to laugh and are very hard to corrupt. I could do without the hairy feet, but otherwise they are a fantastic race and one of my favorite companions.

I'm just sayin Gnomes and Halfings are the same size and that didn't stop them from putting the halflings in. 😉

veteran
veteran
Techncially, by lore descriptions in 5e, Halflings are slightly shorter by averages than Gnomes, but Gnomes tend to have more pronounced physical features owing to their traces of fey lineages.

In other media and other sources that aren't D&D, gnomes are made smaller than halflings, but that's not the case in this particular world space. The difference is only very minor - Halflings average 'just under 3 feet', while gnomes average 'at 3 feet'

(You might also be variously pleased or disappointed to know that modern D&D halflings don't have the hairy feet any more either, as part of their efforts to shift away form and differentiate from Tolkien hobbits)

enthusiast
enthusiast
Sven announced Gnomes would be added in the DLC, Gnomancing The Stones.

G
enthusiast
enthusiast
G
Damn, we need Gnomes!

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard