Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
S
schpas Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Assuming there will be more companions in the final game to have a four companions party seems not so great. The advantage of D&D and Pathfinder rule set in video games is (imo) to have a lot more classes then in other games (like Dragon Age etc). So it would be nice to have a six-companion-party.

I also don't like the fact that we don't have to possibility to group our companions. Very often the selected leader of the party runs into some foes, the battel starts and the other companions are far behind. At least they should stick togeather like glue.

veteran
veteran
https://forums.larian.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=672266#Post672266

If you have few weeks of free time, you can read through this. laugh

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
S
schpas Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Thank you!

veteran
veteran
We should definitely continue to bring the party of 5 or 6 in discussions !

It would improve the game so much to be able to choose from 1 to 5/6 characters !

But I guess this is a part of the feedback they just ignore even if the megathread clearly show that most people would love to be able to increase their party size up to 5 or 6...

(I started to count a few monthes ago but stopped at page 30 or something like that)

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
journeyman
journeyman
I would like there to be a larger party, but not until there are more companions to give more variety in who fills what spot in the party.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Ramien
I would like there to be a larger party, but not until there are more companions to give more variety in who fills what spot in the party.

What is a good party number and companion number according to you ?

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
veteran
veteran
I'm (not really) playing patch 6 with a party of six characters once again, using the savegame hack that allows for it.

Honestly, even giving up on the idea of a better control scheme (because Larian apparently really, really loves this garbage chain-system) what's sorely missing at this point it's even just a rudimentary way to control the party formation.
By default without one the characters dispose in a fairly impractical "wide triangle" formation.

EDIT: this is what I mean with "wide triangular formation:

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Last edited by Tuco; 16/10/21 10:12 AM.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
veteran
veteran
...While on the other hand this is the type of formation that I would love to be able to use:

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
S
schpas Offline OP
OP Offline
S
This is really difficult. The problem ist the camp. We all know the camp is the place where you store the companions you don't like. They are waiting for you there to have boring mandatory talks. So i would prefer to make it like BG 1/2 did it. No camp you have a party of 6 companions and you have to decide which one you wanna hire. So you give an incentive to play the game again with other compaions.

S
schpas Offline OP
OP Offline
S
I definitely say no to the toilet chain ; )

S
schpas Offline OP
OP Offline
S
And you can even customize the formation in the Patfhinder video game!

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by schpas
The problem ist the camp. We all know the camp is the place where you store the companions you don't like. They are waiting for you there to have boring mandatory talks.
This will not change with party of 6, as we were told, there will be more Origin characters.

No camp you have a party of 6 companions and you have to decide which one you wanna hire.
This is interesting idea ...
But since Swen specificaly told us in one of first Interview, that camp will play important role in our story, i would not expect that.

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
enthusiast
enthusiast
Assuming there will be more companions in the final game to have a four companions party seems not so great. The advantage of D&D and Pathfinder rule set in video games is (imo) to have a lot more classes then in other games (like Dragon Age etc). So it would be nice to have a six-companion-party.

I also don't like the fact that we don't have to possibility to group our companions. Very often the selected leader of the party runs into some foes, the battel starts and the other companions are far behind. At least they should stick togeather like glue.

To my knowledge in all versions of BG you couldn't take all the companions that were available with you. You were always forced to leave companions behind.
In the original BG, when companions just stood in the spot that you left them, if you had a full party in the mines and wanted to pick up another character you had a to leave a character in the mines knowing they would be drowned. That felt bad.

There is always a limit placed on the number of companions you can have.

A party of 4 is perfect for me. (Especially in a turn based game)
Your mileage may vary.

veteran
veteran
I once again voice my wish for a party of six. WIth so many classes in D&D (and a lot of them included in BG3), I find a party of 4 very limiting. Plus you have more interaction with six people in the party.

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
F
addict
addict
F
+1

Especially because of the high number of classes.

Would love to have a full complement with me, game could adjust difficulty level to setting of "max party size" anyway.

Although I guess that most people would love to play a party of 6.

Also that would be great for couch coop (which hopefully comes later).

#JusticeForKarlach

Petition to save Karlach: https://www.change.org/p/justice-for-karlach
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Tuco
I'm (not really) playing patch 6 with a party of six characters once again, using the savegame hack that allows for it.

Honestly, even giving up on the idea of a better control scheme (because Larian apparently really, really loves this garbage chain-system) what's sorely missing at this point it's even just a rudimentary way to control the party formation.
By default without one the characters dispose in a fairly impractical "wide triangle" formation.

EDIT: this is what I mean with "wide triangular formation:

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
This looks so great @Tuco! This should be the default in BG3!!!!! smile

S
schpas Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Only with a different companion navigation not with the DOS chain. They have to change this. We need formations etc. like all other party crpgs do

addict
addict
++1 one to biger party size

veteran
veteran
Only with a different companion navigation not with the DOS chain. They have to change this. We need formations etc. like all other party crpgs do
Yes that's what I was meaning as well. smile

N
N
What is the "Save-Game_Hack"?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard