Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Kou The Mad
Obligatory 'Goblin Player race' comment.

Oh my goodness, what I would give for a goblin companion. They did such a wonderful job on the goblins in this game. Best I've ever seen.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Peranor
Originally Posted by Maximuuus
D/N cycle
Party of 5
Shove is an action
Hide is an action
UI overhaul (hotbar really suck)
Non origin companions
Better reactions
Random/scripted encounters at camp
Better itemization
Short rest overhaul
No more chain system
This and a day and night cycle and the game has a chance of being a 10/10
So ... you want two day and night cycles at once? laugh

It would be interesting, but im not sure if Faerun have two stars. smile

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 18/10/21 10:09 AM.

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
addict
addict
Originally Posted by Tuco
Originally Posted by Ranxerox
-get rid of the chain system, maybe it's just me but it seems even fussier after patch 6.
Join the good fight here: https://forums.larian.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=679414#Post679414

Thread hasn't been bumped up for a while because at this point we already said all there is to say on that topic multiple times over, but having new users joining the choir can only help to let Larian realize just how much their chain system sucks.

Done

U
Ulgrym Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
U
More tweaks / wishes continued:
Tieflings should probably know they are in one of the nine Hells instead of asking where they are when they reach the small platform behind where they start. Especially given the recent "Decent".
Tieflings recognizing the dead Imps, as Imps, not devilkin.
More hair styles for Tieflings.
Get the color of Tiefling tails to better match their face color (they are off a shade or two - paler)
Fix the movement of the Tiefling tails so they don't often stretch across the screen and flop all over the place like a dying snake.
Fix Lae'zel's hair style so she doesn't have hair growing out of thin air at her temples.
I know it's in the "Core Rules", but let Drow choose their starting cantrip. Dancing Lights is pretty useless, especially since Drow have superior dark vision.

F
addict
addict
F
* Level 5 or 6 cap (6 shouldn't be a big problem when 5 is implemented)
* MUCH improved UX / QoL

#JusticeForKarlach

Petition to save Karlach: https://www.change.org/p/justice-for-karlach
veteran
veteran
Aside from the more important issues... I'm really sick of looking at Scale Mail and Githyanki Half-Plate. NPC's are wearing all kinds of outfits and armor, Breastplates, Studded Leathers..whatever. Would it kill them to drop some basic armor in stores or as loot somewhere?

The new Sorcerer robes look silly too being so fancy and formal in the middle of wilderness. Can I just wear pants and a coat? Forcing all mages into dresses is annoying to begin with.

Last edited by 1varangian; 19/10/21 03:40 PM.
veteran
veteran
Can't really stand the videogame trope of dressing arcane casters in granny nightvests/bathrobes.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
S
addict
addict
S
Can't really stand the videogame trope of dressing arcane casters in granny nightvests/bathrobes.

I agree so much with this... please give a toggle for all robes that lets us choose if we want to wear a pant or a skirt.

A
stranger
stranger
A
For patch 7, the most important point for me is "A Better User Interface" !!!
- I want it to be nice and immersive. Presently the hot bar, the inventory, the spell book are just "grids of icons". And for the Spell Book, is it a spell book when it mix everything even rogues competences ....
- A not messy hot bar in which my memorised spells are mixed with potions, potatoes, scrolls ...
- A convenient hot bar : How will we find our magician spells in this mess when he will have tons of spells ...
- No more 5 clicks to do a long move please
- No more unnecessary clicks as when launching a competence that target ourself. If I click on "jump" do not ask me to click on the character who jumps after that. The target is obvious.
Larian's guys : your game as huge potential but please please please play a bit to Pathfinder and Pillars of Eternity and compare their UI to your UI. That is really not possible to release a game with a so cumbersome and heavy UI.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by 1varangian
Aside from the more important issues... I'm really sick of looking at Scale Mail and Githyanki Half-Plate. NPC's are wearing all kinds of outfits and armor, Breastplates, Studded Leathers..whatever. Would it kill them to drop some basic armor in stores or as loot somewhere?

+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1

L
stranger
stranger
L
I would love to see level increase, more variety in starting equipment (or at least purchasable at the first major vendor), and gimme mah favorite class of forever D&D everything: PALADIN!

L
journeyman
journeyman
L
I love it. If I was a wizard, you bet I'd be wearing robes instead of normal stuff.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
Originally Posted by Peranor
D/N cycle
Party of 5
Shove is an action
Hide is an action
Non origin companions
Better reactions
Better itemization
Short rest overhaul
No more chain system
This and a day and night cycle and the game has a chance of being a 10/10
So ... you want two day and night cycles at once? laugh

It would be interesting, but im not sure if Faerun have two stars. smile

Wouldn't another sun actually cancel out the cycle? Or rather cancel out night? I mean, for there to effectively be two cycles, there need to be some time apart. Current cycle (very simplified) is 12 hours above the horizon, 12 hours below. So for another cycle to relatively be independent from the first one there should be a gap of 6-12 hours between. Meaning, atleast one sun will always be above the horizon. Well( if it's only 6 hour difference I guess you would get 6 hour darkness)

I'm not an astrophysicist so welcome to correct me if I'm way off here :P

Last edited by PrivateRaccoon; 20/10/21 05:39 AM. Reason: I'm terrible at math
veteran
veteran
D/N cycle
Party of 5
Shove is an action
Hide is an action
Non origin companions
Better reactions
Better itemization
Short rest overhaul
No more chain system
This, so much.
Plus more armor/clothing Options and more variety in character creation.

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
- getting the Action Economy out of shambles
- implementing actions, reactions and special actions the right way (looking at sneak attack, divine smite, AoOs)
- level 5 for the exact purpose to playtest important features like extra attacks
- the movement system could still be better, the chain system is "so-so" (but I doubt it sadly)
- less insisting on inappropriate homebrew (see chromatic orb again)
edit: also improvements to the log (even optional) would be great. Let me see the rolls/AC/DCs and not the natural language

Those are my biggest gripes/worries/hopes. Ngl if they just implement the reaction system right this game will be so much better instantly. Only being able to toggle things like AoO in my own turn and not make an informed decision is just plain wrong to me. And things like smite will suffer immensely in that environment (as sneak attack already does).

Last edited by KingTiki; 20/10/21 06:59 AM.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by LordRhaegar
I love it. If I was a wizard, you bet I'd be wearing robes instead of normal stuff.
There's robe and robe.

You can have this

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

or this

[Linked Image from 2e.aonprd.com]

or you can have Gale wearing a grandma anti-rape nightdress.

Last edited by Tuco; 20/10/21 06:58 AM.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
U
Ulgrym Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
U
Originally Posted by 1varangian

What grinds my gears is NPC's not dropping the armor they are wearing. The two Tieflings have some fairly cool looking armor on. If you kill them, they drop leather. No, give us what they are wearing please.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by PrivateRaccoon
Wouldn't another sun actually cancel out the cycle? Or rather cancel out night? I mean, for there to effectively be two cycles, there need to be some time apart. Current cycle (very simplified) is 12 hours above the horizon, 12 hours below. So for another cycle to relatively be independent from the first one there should be a gap of 6-12 hours between. Meaning, atleast one sun will always be above the horizon. Well( if it's only 6 hour difference I guess you would get 6 hour darkness)

I'm not an astrophysicist so welcome to correct me if I'm way off here :P
Fascinating topic without a doubt. laugh
Im not sure how it would work ... i mean im also not astrophysicist, its more like hobby of mine. laugh

I would say if you would have two suns rotating around some middle point in solar system ... lets say black hole, big enough to hold both suns, but not big enough to swallow them. laugh And then you would have planet rotating that ... nothing would actualy change from what we have right now ...
Some days would be brighter, some would be a little darker (when one sun would be in shadow of closer sun) ... maybe some tiny differences in temperature too ... but that is it.

If your planet would be roaming between two suns for trajectoria that would resemble 8 with sun in each eye ... (like this )
That is actualy a lot more interesting ...
For one, you would have 8 seasons per year cycle ... where Winter would be the point when your planet is roaming from one sun to another ...
Then there would be more parts of the day, when Day would be time when your side of planet is facing momentaly closer sun ... and night would be the other part ... depending on season, there would be another sun on the sky, sometimes on day, sometimes on night ... and also, in middle of summers, there will be only one sun wisible, since other one would be hidden behind it. laugh

Personaly i believe the best option to not go into too wild fantasies would be moon so bright, it would be concidered "second sun" ... or "cold sun" if you wish. smile
That would mean only one night per 28 days (aproximately) would be actualy dark ... in the rest there would be more and more light, untill fullmoon night, that would be also repeating every 28 days, wich would bring us incredibly anoying 36 hours of daylight. (and lot of insomnia) laugh
But you can experience something very simmilar right on Earth, if you travel North ... not sure about Canada, but i can say for sure that in Russia they have something called "white night" ... when you actualy have dim "daylight" for whole night during summer time. smile

Originally Posted by Ulgrym
What grinds my gears is NPC's not dropping the armor they are wearing. The two Tieflings have some fairly cool looking armor on. If you kill them, they drop leather. No, give us what they are wearing please.
Agreed ...
And aply this for every NPC ... including those, who are not wearing "just some armor" but actual uniforms ... and if we wear those uniforms, let NPC recognize them and react properly. :P

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 21/10/21 10:57 AM.

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
M
stranger
stranger
M
Contents :
* Level 5
* Cape ?
* karlach !

Quality of life :
* separate bag's contents like scrolls and potions from abilities (other panel or in tabs)
* On character can sell for all the party ( why would i let lae'zel talk with people ? and i'm sick of micro-managing the inventory)
* select multiple items at once in inventory
* doing something about your chest at camp, not very practical (item sorting, please ?)

Why the f*** not ?
* Find a use for the books ( maybe gifts for companions ? sure lae'zel is secretly a sucker for love story )
* Decide who prepare the meal at long rest, with bonus or malus (when your have a 40 wine dinner)

P
stranger
stranger
P
What I actually wish for:

- D/N cycle
- A completely revamped control system, at least as an option.
- A reaction system worth of its name
- A revamped UI that ditches hotbars or supplement them with better menu
- Options to support natively a party of 6 characters and party formations
- Ditching the instanced camp system for a better contextual one (something similar to Pathfinder or Solasta)

What I find more realistic to expect :

- A somewhat improved reaction system that still fails the mark in many ways. Maybe?
- A class and one race that doesn't require too much work to be added now (i.e. gnomes).
- Several visual tweaks and improvements to cutscenes.
- Even more questionable homebrew.

I second the gnome suggestion.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard