Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
T
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
T
I think it would be useful if we could use ALT to highlight all available objects i.e. picking up plants ect.

veteran
veteran
I am greatly against it. Most of the objects are unimportant (empty containers, physical objects you can interact with etc). At the moment the highlight shows you important objects among junk. Highlight everything, and you highlight nothing. It's not like og BG1&2 when the world was 2d map, and all interactive objects were placed there manually and to be interacted with.

D:OS2 highlighted everything and result was, what I liked to call "object diarrhea". Though perhaps, ALT could still show name plates for important object, and give other interactable objects some kind of highlight? Or have two seperate highlight buttons.

N
old hand
old hand
N
The highlight is bugged anyway. This needs to be reworked. Half the indicators are not even where the actual object is located.

veteran
veteran
These awefull text box with items names that appear all over the screen when you're next a table or something should definitely dissapear, replaced by highlighted items.

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
N
journeyman
journeyman
N
I dislike how the artists "decorate" a room w/ books and vases and they are all appear to be lootable and are empty. Why can't they disable the interaction if they are just for decoration?

The designers seem to worry a lot about the "flow" of combat, but ignore other things like this that make the game a real chore.

I'll concede that I open everything because of FOMO.

Originally Posted by Wormerine
I am greatly against it. Most of the objects are unimportant (empty containers, physical objects you can interact with etc). At the moment the highlight shows you important objects among junk. Highlight everything, and you highlight nothing. It's not like og BG1&2 when the world was 2d map, and all interactive objects were placed there manually and to be interacted with.

D:OS2 highlighted everything and result was, what I liked to call "object diarrhea". Though perhaps, ALT could still show name plates for important object, and give other interactable objects some kind of highlight? Or have two seperate highlight buttons.
Originally Posted by Maximuuus
These awefull text box with items names that appear all over the screen when you're next a table or something should definitely dissapear, replaced by highlighted items.

I like the idea of having items highlighted instead of seeing their names.
Also, I think that they should add a "Search" feature that opens a menu showing all of the items in a limited area around the character.

As for having too many things highlighted, they could just give a way to customize what's being highlighted in the options menu, like in loot-focused games where you can choose to not highlight items based on rarity.
For this game, the options might be:
Containers
Interactive objects
Normal items
Quest items

Originally Posted by NinthPlane
I dislike how the artists "decorate" a room w/ books and vases and they are all appear to be lootable and are empty. Why can't they disable the interaction if they are just for decoration?

The designers seem to worry a lot about the "flow" of combat, but ignore other things like this that make the game a real chore.

I'll concede that I open everything because of FOMO.

The way that I think it should be is that most filled containers should have a different appearance from empty containers and should have the empty appearances when all of the items are taken from them.
Boxes should have ajar lids, bookshelves should be empty, book piles should be removed or have the top book be opened, etc.

Last edited by EliasIncarnation; 18/10/21 09:52 AM.
veteran
veteran
Counter-point: the system should just highlight (or at least highlight in a different color) containers that aren't empty.
Yeah, it's a bit "game-y" as you "shouldn't know what's inside before looking", but it's not my fault if Larian decided to make the entire system a complete slog by putting 30 crates in every goddamn room of the game.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
O
journeyman
journeyman
O
I alo would loove iif Larian would please turn off some of the bookcases,vases, boxes its a real chore to go around looting it all out of fear your missing some good loot, also the range of the loootmechanics is way off often you have to run around itsm to find the pixelperfect spot to actually be able to loot somethiing.

S
S
Also agree. Not to highlight all objects lengthen the game. To find all stuff by using the coursor is a boring minigame.

Link Copied to Clipboard