Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Btbrown0786 #814302 27/04/22 06:32 PM
W
W
Funny how tastes differ, one side likes the curves the other "dislikes" them, and i am struggling to even find any curves, to me she looks like a malnourished 12 year old boy with a very minor boob-job. smile

williams85 #814309 27/04/22 10:10 PM
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by williams85
Funny how tastes differ, one side likes the curves the other "dislikes" them, and i am struggling to even find any curves, to me she looks like a malnourished 12 year old boy with a very minor boob-job. smile

I suppose you really really approve of curvature grin.

Btbrown0786 #814325 28/04/22 08:35 AM
A
addict
addict
A
i'm not so much of a nude person. i feel awkward for having nude mod but i don't oppose whoever want or like it. on the other hand i'm more positive on wanting more body types which include curvy. nowadays many game devs seems to shy away from curvy body. many devs preached inclusiveness with plus size or bigger body size or less curvier body. it's a plus to have options. its great really if people want flat body by all means. but don't preach inclusiveness but remove curvy body. that sounds more like hippocricy.

witcher 3 is a good example and worst dragon age inquisition. you don't have to be blind to tell a difference with old morrigan and the morrigan in inquisition. is it wrong to have curvy body? why go all the way is body shaming morrigan? i don't get it unless they do it purposely on an agenda. that's not inclusiveness that's hippocricy.

williams85 #814332 28/04/22 01:50 PM
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by williams85
Haha smile

Btbrown0786 #814356 29/04/22 03:24 AM
enthusiast
enthusiast
Just like with the "cartoonishness" and the "lighthearted lulz tone" arguments, it's amusing to see how little people remember/choose to remember about BG1 and 2 when looking to find any arguments against BG3's visuals/writing/anything, really.

BG1 had the kissy nymph in the middle of the wilderness, a nobleman's daughter hiding a naked guy in the drawer, the, er, easy cook lady in the Cloakwood mines with dialogue that doesn't exactly juggle euphemisms, and two brothel areas in Baldur's Gate (albeit, um, uninteractive).

BG2, apart from the romances (which took a lot more commitment and were drawn across a long stretch of time, true, but you do get introduced to Viconia's tragic assault survivor backstory pretty much immediately), had that one drow girl practically forcing herself on the PC if you took a certain path in Ched Nasad, somewhat questionable implications as to why Irenicus had vats full of female clones of a certain someone, and full-on nude mariliths (courtesy of Icewind Dale) and succubi in the Watcher's Keep.

It obviosuly wasn't nearly as graphic, but the BG games have always been pervy in a very edgy manner, which this one still is, I'd say. The "evil" path literally rewards you with a waifu, not unlike the aforementioned Ched Nasad segment.

Last edited by Brainer; 29/04/22 03:24 AM.
Brainer #814358 29/04/22 04:08 AM
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Brainer
Just like with the "cartoonishness" and the "lighthearted lulz tone" arguments, it's amusing to see how little people remember/choose to remember about BG1 and 2 when looking to find any arguments against BG3's visuals/writing/anything, really.

You're conflating two groups and in an odd way to boot; the people who remark that BG3 is far more zany/over-the-top with its particular brand of humor compared to its predecessors are among the first to point out the first two games did feature nudity/sex/sexuality.

Originally Posted by Brainer
the BG games have always been pervy

P.S. The presence of nudity/sex/sexuality does not automatically/inherently indicate perversion, despite what some people think.

Ragitsu #814367 29/04/22 09:38 AM
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Ragitsu
You're conflating two groups and in an odd way to boot; the people who remark that BG3 is far more zany/over-the-top with its particular brand of humor compared to its predecessors are among the first to point out the first two games did feature nudity/sex/sexuality.
I don't conflate them, I am merely pointing out that it's yet another misconception that exists, potentially because the people played those games long ago or have arbitrarily forgotten about certain things.

P.S. The presence of nudity/sex/sexuality does not automatically/inherently indicate perversion, despite what some people think.
I meant it in a light-hearted way. BG1 in particular was a carousel of random nonsense, including an occassional below-the-belt moment/joke just for the heck of it (Imoen's "trollops and plug-tails" quote immediately comes to mind). Whereas 2 would go down the aforementioned "edgy" direction with the stuff, making it unsurprising that the same writers/authors would later be responsible for the Dragon Age games. They are anything but down-to-earth and matter-of-factly with the subject matter in question (the "This is the new sh*t" trailer back in the day was... a choice). If anything, the tone in BG3 is quite similar to the one from the older DA games, before they turned the setting into a hipster coffee parlor.

Last edited by Brainer; 29/04/22 09:38 AM.
Btbrown0786 #814485 02/05/22 11:48 PM
old hand
old hand
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Ragitsu #814489 03/05/22 04:04 AM
enthusiast
enthusiast
...that there is your sister, Bhaalspawn...
In all seriousness, though, I would say that the nude models in the game still could use another pass both in sculpting and rigging. There's a distinct shortage of polygons in the, er, chest region (better than it was before Patch 4, but the male bodies still look somewhat jagged and the female ones have a weird stilted feel about them) and the joint areas (you could cut wood (pun intended) with those elbows and knees), and whenever the characters are in any pose that isn't relatively straight there's a lot of clipping and any modelling faults can be easily observed if you pause to look at them (there was (still is?) a whole thread with a whole essay on the subject). We've left the noodle-armed Minthara behind, but it's still uncanny-valleish enough to be awkward.

Last edited by Brainer; 03/05/22 04:05 AM.
Btbrown0786 #814494 03/05/22 08:42 AM
veteran
veteran
Threads are still there ^.^ I just don't have an clarity on what I can and can't post in relation to my work.

Though, on that topic - breasts on female characters are solid rock objects with absolutely zero physics and zero gravity - they're solid lumps that stand up and jut out regardless of position and angle, and that's just laughable for anyone attempting to depict them in a nude or intimate scene, in today's game space. It's pretty ridiculous.

Btbrown0786 #814495 03/05/22 08:52 AM
old hand
old hand
Brainer, if you read up on the Realms/Toril in extensive detail, you'll find out that the world is - on the whole - exceptionally liberal in regards to sex.

Ragitsu #814527 04/05/22 06:27 AM
enthusiast
enthusiast
Brainer, if you read up on the Realms/Toril in extensive detail, you'll find out that the world is - on the whole - exceptionally liberal in regards to sex.
I am aware. Salvatore's first book doesn't really shy away from showing that the drow "entrance into adulthood" ritual is a giant drugged orgy.

Again, I am mostly being cheeky for the sake of levity, because boy if there aren't legions of whiners out there, and with the EA being well into its second year it's starting to get a little grating.

Last edited by Brainer; 04/05/22 06:32 AM.
Btbrown0786 #814960 14/05/22 12:08 PM
I was thinking that this game is played and make by adults. Why you cringe when you see women breast? This is not game for purist IT is fantasy game where you can be anyone.

Btbrown0786 #816427 09/06/22 03:25 PM
T
Banned
Banned
T
Of course this game will have NUDE mods at least one.
Same thing with SKYRIM. Skyrim game does not have nude without MODS.

However if BG3 is going to be for NUDE BABES that is up to Larian developers like example Witcher 3. I would not be my money on that BG3 is going to have full nudity in campaign like Witcher 3, but it will have violcence and perhaps Horror effects for 18+ age.

That said MODS are community freedom. If you do not want the nude mode then simply do not install it.
Saying things like back in the day BG1 and BG2 did not have nudity is pointless. Because back in the days when BG1 and BG2 was released there did not exist any mods.

I do no need this game so Larian enforce full nudity in campaign like Witcher 3, but that said at least nude mods than you from community example nude mods as in Skyrim! Well and no this is not some childrens game this is not going for some teens age rating!

I also like Horror and brutal action in movies and games and absolutely do not want this game going for low age rating.
What your young teen will play anyway? That is up to parents to be guards.
Offtopic about parents guard:

Personally I think bigger problem is that some young teen try hard drugs example Meth. Well and of course "every" teen never try alcohol before 18 age lol. That try booze is not so bad necessary, but hard drugs can ruin your life easily.

Last edited by Terminator2020; 11/06/22 09:13 AM.
Terminator2020 #816473 10/06/22 03:11 AM
addict
addict
No comment on most of your post smile But I modded the ever living snot out of the OG BG games. Many downloads. Specialty Priest of Gruumsh, Anti-Paladin, Blade Singer, etc and their special spells and weapons. It was very simple to mod them. Graphics wise (I assume this was what you ment) was beyond my means, but I do remember some. But no nudes IIRC… to pixilated maybe?

Last edited by avahZ Darkwood; 10/06/22 03:12 AM.
avahZ Darkwood #816577 11/06/22 09:19 AM
T
Banned
Banned
T
Originally Posted by avahZ Darkwood
No comment on most of your post smile But I modded the ever living snot out of the OG BG games. Many downloads. Specialty Priest of Gruumsh, Anti-Paladin, Blade Singer, etc and their special spells and weapons. It was very simple to mod them. Graphics wise (I assume this was what you ment) was beyond my means, but I do remember some. But no nudes IIRC… to pixilated maybe?
I do not know how to do nude, but in SKYRIM you can do nude mods. I do not any mods, but I simple play them. There are other people that want to do mods and everyone do what they want.

I would guess BG3 is released within first 6 months into 2023 example January-June 2023. This is my best guess. Of course I could be wrong maybe in come out September 2023 or January 2024.

Now anything is possible theoretically I am not going to complain if Larian would release to Christmas 2022 and I would be very happy if that happens. That said from what I have understood 2023.

Well and if BG3 is released in January-December 2023 then still can come out more mods after BG3 release example in December 2023.

Last edited by Terminator2020; 14/06/22 07:22 AM.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard