Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
addict
addict
Yeah the voice acting is pretty good. Compared to say, wrath of the righteous or kingmaker where it's kinda crappy for about half of it.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Dexai
Originally Posted by Eddiar
All of them honestly. I wish the game didn't force me to choose only 3 to follow me frown

I'm currently using the save game edit to let you use all five... laugh

Save Game Edit? Please explain.

Not really a fan of any of them. I want a female elf fighter, cleric, or ranger as a companion... or better yet, all three. Also we need dwarf companion options, and half-ling companion options, and gnome companion options. I say scrap the "origin pukes" and give us some variety to pick from. Or let us create or own party of 4 in single player mode. When game finally goes live the first death for me will be Astarian on the beach (he I can do completely without), Gale a close second. I may just kill them all so I don't have to deal with them later on in the game, but I need a few optional, or custom options available to replace classes that will be needed.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Aazo
Not really a fan of any of them. I want a female elf fighter, cleric, or ranger as a companion... or better yet, all three. Also we need dwarf companion options, and half-ling companion options, and gnome companion options. I say scrap the "origin pukes" and give us some variety to pick from. Or let us create or own party of 4 in single player mode. When game finally goes live the first death for me will be Astarian on the beach (he I can do completely without), Gale a close second. I may just kill them all so I don't have to deal with them later on in the game, but I need a few optional, or custom options available to replace classes that will be needed.

While I can understand the need for a plethora of companions as roleplay elements the way Larian has implemented entire back stories for the current lot has convoluted matters in terms of story evolution. More companion options will add entire story arcs to an already complex cascade. I do not dislike the companions in that I am sure they will add significant replay value but I like you enjoy Barbarian, Druid, bard and rangers as party composite. I think Larian has said there will be more companion options without complex "tadpole" arcs including Minsc and Boo from the original BG. As we are in EA and the intermittent feedback it is difficult to fathom where in the developement cycle Larian are currently. "It will be finished when it is finished" is all well and good but if the game remains in EA for too long many player will be burned out or pass master experts at the game on release.

Banned
Banned
Shadowheart, probably. She and Lae'zel are the only ones with both decent introductions and legitimate reasons to join the group, and also the only ones who interactions with my PC don't feel fucking janky for one reason or another.

If Lae'zel was given more dialogues (and i more options to call her out on her obvious greenness, god forbid), she'd probably edge out. I like her personality the most, bar the cringy jealous talk and BDSM stuff.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by GM4Him
Originally Posted by Dexai
Originally Posted by Eddiar
All of them honestly. I wish the game didn't force me to choose only 3 to follow me frown

I'm currently using the save game edit to let you use all five... laugh

Save Game Edit? Please explain.

Here is the thing, although you will have to download the tool you need from github. It lets you open your savegame file and edit the amount of companions allowed in the party, allowing up to 8. It's best to only edit savegames from freshly started games, though, presumably to not screw things up by mistake.

Optimistically Apocalyptic
stranger
stranger
All but Gale and Astorian.

Gale consumes too many artifacts. Though t might be fun to see where his condition leads if you do not feed him.

I have never liked the idea of Vampire characters...especially ones that heal spells/potions do not cause damage. If he dies and then is resurrected his vampirism should be gone as he would now be alive.

Bending the rules to a minor degree is one thing but this is too much.

One alternative for full healing would be knockout a bad guy and them let him feed on the unconscious.

Originally Posted by Soul-Scar
Originally Posted by Aazo

While I can understand the need for a plethora of companions as roleplay elements the way Larian has implemented entire back stories for the current lot has convoluted matters in terms of story evolution. More companion options will add entire story arcs to an already complex cascade. I do not dislike the companions in that I am sure they will add significant replay value but I like you enjoy Barbarian, Druid, bard and rangers as party composite. I think Larian has said there will be more companion options without complex "tadpole" arcs including Minsc and Boo from the original BG. As we are in EA and the intermittent feedback it is difficult to fathom where in the developement cycle Larian are currently. "It will be finished when it is finished" is all well and good but if the game remains in EA for too long many player will be burned out or pass master experts at the game on release.

Here's the thing... I am not a fan of these "origin" story arc's the way they are introduced. I would rather follow story arc's from NPC's I encounter, rather than ones within my party. I want the party to be about my character (the lead), not the supporting characters (the rest of the party). And I want to direct how that personality and background of my character is created. Mind you I understand that others feel differently, so have some interesting characters as options for those who like it. But don't force me to play with them, rather give a good story-line for the main character I create without needing those additional adds I may or may not care for.

To me this is the biggest flaw in Divinity II, force fed party members.

Last edited by Aazo; 09/11/21 03:09 AM.
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard