Next Thread
Print Thread
L
Lumign Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
L
For just cool factor, I was trying to build an elf mage/fighter.

He would be carrying a longsword (NOT rapier), and without versatile, because his other hand needs to be free to cast spells.

I think this is doable in DND5e rules, however, BG3 does not seem to allow that... I am unable to force 1H/2H mode manually. frown

So even if I take dueling fighting style, the +2 bonus won't apply on the longsword+no shield build... I'd love to see a "fix"

old hand
old hand
Yes, being to choose how to wield versatile weapons like it's intended would be nice.

Optimistically Apocalyptic
W
journeyman
journeyman
W
This is a rather massive oversight that I can't believe Larian has in the game. I never noticed it because I haven't played a fighter in the game as of yet.

veteran
veteran
There are a tonne of oversights like this to do with their UI and equipment system that do not allow you to do many of the things you should be able to.

We can't, for example, use a hand crossbow and a shield together.

F
journeyman
journeyman
F
+1 good point, hopefully they allow us to choose how versatile weapons are held.

journeyman
journeyman
In BG3, since somatic components are ignored, it doesn't make sense to wield versatile weapon in one hand...except for when someone takes the dueling fighting style. So, yeah, a toggle would be welcome.

Link Copied to Clipboard