Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Just like it says on the tin. Level 5 is a signifigant change, perhaps have a few area's where you are expected to be level 5 for testing. T.Y.

veteran
veteran
+1

It was mentioned in a Panel that if we ask enough they will do this. I suppose all we can do is keep asking.

veteran
veteran
Another +1 from me. I would really like to see, how level 5 plays out, while being able to give feedback.

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by JandK
It was mentioned in a Panel that if we ask enough they will do this. I suppose all we can do is keep asking.
Which is a bit shitty tbh.

Larian: "Beg us to graciously allow you to access level 5, something that is incredibly important to test and balance before BG3's full release."

Either Larian plans to release level 5 for EA regardless, in which case they should just tell us that.
Or they actually won't release level 5 if we don't ask for it enough, in which case they risk levels 5+ having terrible balance (and implementation) upon full release.

Yeah. Level 5 would be nice. But not higher than that during EA.

F
addict
addict
F
+1, obviously

#JusticeForKarlach

Petition to save Karlach: https://www.change.org/p/justice-for-karlach
veteran
veteran
To say I'm in would be reductive.
Quite frankly at this point the lack of level 5 is in itself enough reason to discourage me from playing the EA build again.
Classes simply lack enough mechanics and variety to fuel the progression through the current build when capped at 4. I've already gone through this EA 3 times and the sorcerer barely feels a novelty (once again: especially capped at level 4).

What makes it worse, as mrfuji3 pointed just above, is the attempted implication that we should beg for it "if we really want it".
Oh, shut it, Larian. You are either going to add it according to your own schedule or not. Our feelings about it clearly aren't going to change a thing.

Last edited by Tuco; 18/10/21 08:54 PM.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
Originally Posted by mrfuji3
Originally Posted by JandK
Which is a bit shitty tbh.

Larian: "Beg us to graciously allow you to access level 5, something that is incredibly important to test and balance before BG3's full release."

Either Larian plans to release level 5 for EA regardless, in which case they should just tell us that.
Or they actually won't release level 5 if we don't ask for it enough, in which case they risk levels 5+ having terrible balance (and implementation) upon full release.

I agree.
Honestly, the entire game should be made available in Early Access over time, since you can't test and give feedback on everything otherwise.
A lot of things seem to not be implemented until later levels, and if they don't care to get feedback on that or how things go in the other acts, then that makes the Early Access version of Baldur's Gate III mostly a demo, which is not what Early Access games are supposed to be.

F
addict
addict
F
Originally Posted by Tuco
To say I'm in would be reductive.
Quite frankly at this point the lack of level 5 is in itself enough reason to discourage me from playing the EA build again.
Classes simply lack enough mechanics and variety to fuel the progression through the current build when capped at 4. I've already gone through this EA 3 times and the sorcerer barely feels a novelty (once again: especially capped at level 4).

What makes it worse, as mrfuji3 pointed just above, is the attempted implication that we should beg for it "if we really want it".
Oh, shut it, Larian. You are either going to add it according to your own schedule or not. Our feelings about it clearly aren't going to change a thing.

Exactly. Quickly raised the sorcerer to level 4, found out that "ah, it's a better wizard, Larian could actually drop the Wizard for now" and "no groundbreaking things happening, except for metamagic" and moved on.

Back to WotR for the time being.

Lack of progression past level 4 is really killing it for me. Will continue with EA when the cap is raised, it's pointless until then, even though I like the way the game is going.

#JusticeForKarlach

Petition to save Karlach: https://www.change.org/p/justice-for-karlach
enthusiast
enthusiast
Reagarding what we have access to atm makes me wonder at times how far the development is at all. If what we have access to is only what is ready then we can have a release in...2025?

If more is ready, i wonder what they want to achieve with EA. Maybe they give us just this much because they do not need more to make the rest work? Nothing i believe laugh

Level 5 would be great though. +1

S
addict
addict
S
obviously also giving +1... I agree with Tuco as well on the reasons to add level 5, but I don't think hostility towards Larian is going to help either.

S
S
There are enough XP in AE to reach lvl. 6

I'm not sure I want more content added to the EA. At least not more quests and locations. But I do want another level to play with, and more races, classes and subclasses. And a little more options when it comes to appearance customization. More face options, height. weight etc.

W
journeyman
journeyman
W
The thing I don't understand about level gating the starting area is that we can't properly test the balance of things at higher levels. That is what EA is supposed to do for the devs, help them test the game. I understand why they want to restrict the content to Act 1 as content can be informed by other content. But level gating the characters makes no sense.

Originally Posted by webmaster94
The thing I don't understand about level gating the starting area is that we can't properly test the balance of things at higher levels. That is what EA is supposed to do for the devs, help them test the game. I understand why they want to restrict the content to Act 1 as content can be informed by other content. But level gating the characters makes no sense.

Yeah, I can understand if they want to trickle out content so they can get more focused testing on a limited set of levels and abilities. But I think we have tested what little there is to test within the first four levels now.

Last edited by Peranor; 19/10/21 02:54 PM.

Link Copied to Clipboard