Next Thread
Print Thread
A
Alces Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
I've had a few really frustrating points in the game where something's happened too quickly for me to react - like a character dying, or a certain statue flinging fire at my party with no warning. A button to immediately pause the game would be helpful. I know pressing space gets you out-of-combat turn-based mode, which I definitely appreciate as a feature, but I find that there's a second or two of lag before the mode kicks in. That's enough time for a downed character to fail a death saving throw while you're still panning around to check if any party members are close enough to help, or for someone to run a few feet into the trap that you just noticed was there.

Yeah, there's a long waiting time for the turn-based mode.
A way to pause and give orders to party members would be nice.

Last edited by EliasIncarnation; 19/10/21 10:23 PM.
T
enthusiast
enthusiast
T
+1

Really, what they need to do is to fix the delay shifting from "real time exploration" to turnbase mode.

Also, they need to make the world properly pause while you're in turnbase mode. I haven't checked these same spots yet in Patch 6 - but there were certain interactions that exist outside of "frozen" time in the game.

For example - in older patches, the death beams in the Underdark Selune temple keeps firing in real time even if you're in turnbase mode (this was one way to cheese the minotaurs if you wanted).

C
addict
addict
C
+1, though from what I've heard when I've mentioned it, everything is so locked into multiplayer-first that it's highly unlikely to happen

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by colinl8
+1, though from what I've heard when I've mentioned it, everything is so locked into multiplayer-first that it's highly unlikely to happen

This

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
+1 to instant pause.
Helping downed characters being the main issue as turnbased is just too slow to react, as it actively lets a turn pass.

apprentice
apprentice
So you mean real time with pause? Hmm

S
S
Originally Posted by colinl8

I expect a very good single player game and don't care about the multiplayer. They can make a DOS 3 for multiplayer with many exploding barrels and burning battlefilds and all verical.
Maybe they should do some research about the Baldur's Gate games. Maybe they should even play the old Baldur's Gate games. Of course the game is out of date in particular the battles are teribble but there is a reason why so many people like this game although it is old. It is the task of Larian to find this reason because they are using the name!

Originally Posted by DurneFea

Nope, definitely enjoying the turn based combat. Just not dying to bullshit because turn based ended.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by DurneFea

Real time with pause OUTSIDE combats would be awesome.

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
S
S
Good idea!

veteran
veteran
I do often find myself wanting such feature. Alas game in general doesn’t seem responsive enough (locking out inputs until some actions are complete etc). At least downed companion’s save checks when downed are now suspended when combat ends, so no more rushing to save companion from dying.

Link Copied to Clipboard