Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
I
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I
Item doesn't work it say it adds 1d4 poison damage to any spell that does poison damage. I used poison spray and it didn't add the damage so I figured it was because it was a cantrip. I tried using poison chromatic orb and it did not work. I have also been getting a lot of obscured by darkness disadvantage with characters who have dark vision? I don't know if this in intended but it shouldn't be.

K
stranger
stranger
K
Yeah I've been having obscured by darkness on character with darkvision trying to hit a target in melee range. My ranged characters shooting from far away makes sense because darkvision only 12m range vs 18m spell range but melee should 100% not be affected.

veteran
veteran
I can only confrim tjat robe is working for Ray of sickness ...
So there must be some catch. O_o

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
enthusiast
enthusiast
Darkvision and superior Darkvision or Devils Sight (Warlock)
So theres Superior Darkvision available for Drows up to 24m or was it 28m, anyway and Darkvision for Elves, Dwarves etc to 18m
Nobody said that Darkvision can see through magical Darkness in Baldurs Gate 3 or can you correct me.

As fas is i remember if at all remember right, at release of EA Patch1 the Ability from the Warlock is described like this:
Devils Sight = "You can see normally in darkness, both magical and nonmagical, to a distance of 18 m. One of the nine Eldritch Invocations available at Warlock level 2."

But in Patch6 its kinda superior Darkvision like, seems ( i did not test it yet in P#6) its just like that. Please Test if you can see through magical Darkness too as intended.

B
journeyman
journeyman
B
If I have to spend a whole eldritch invocation in order to see, I sure as hell shouldn't have to worry about shadows. Getting obscured by shadows penalties with devil's sight is complete garbage.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by ihavebigpp
Item doesn't work it say it adds 1d4 poison damage to any spell that does poison damage. I used poison spray and it didn't add the damage so I figured it was because it was a cantrip. I tried using poison chromatic orb and it did not work. I have also been getting a lot of obscured by darkness disadvantage with characters who have dark vision? I don't know if this in intended but it shouldn't be.

I have also noticed this with the Drows Superior - 24M - Darkvision where there will be Obscured by shadows which negates advantage. I will get a screengrab and report.

Blackheifer
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by TheHero
Darkvision and superior Darkvision or Devils Sight (Warlock)
So theres Superior Darkvision available for Drows up to 24m or was it 28m, anyway and Darkvision for Elves, Dwarves etc to 18m
Nobody said that Darkvision can see through magical Darkness in Baldurs Gate 3 or can you correct me.

As fas is i remember if at all remember right, at release of EA Patch1 the Ability from the Warlock is described like this:
Devils Sight = "You can see normally in darkness, both magical and nonmagical, to a distance of 18 m. One of the nine Eldritch Invocations available at Warlock level 2."

But in Patch6 its kinda superior Darkvision like, seems ( i did not test it yet in P#6) its just like that. Please Test if you can see through magical Darkness too as intended.

So my WYLL Warlock (Balde of Frontiers Guy) has now Dark Sight Ability, not the magic spell and in Patch 6 its Vision is actually superior to my players character Drows Dark Sight. Its a bit lighter in the areas whereas the vision from Drows a bit darker.
This should reflect aa better sight, but i cant tell yet if WYLL is now able to see through magic Darkness from Arrows or Spells.
Need to check thant next.

Last edited by TheHero; 30/10/21 01:48 PM.

Link Copied to Clipboard