Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#795356 22/10/21 01:45 PM
Amirit Offline OP
OP Offline
Niara very correctly noted, that positive feedback is a valuable thing. Developers would want to know what changes were right and what's to keep during development. Let's make a list of things we like about Patch 6!

For me:
1. Dice!!! Love it now - clear as day for anyone unfamiliar with DnD, fun to roll and just pretty (people are already making mods for different dice looks)
2. Sorcerer class (obviously). Needs some tweaking, but everything always needs some taking.
3. New dialogues. There can not be enough reactivity, of course, and there are bugs too, but it's such a pleasure to see companions reacting to events happening with the protagonist!
4. New Shadowheart personality. Actually, have mixed feelings about it (keep waiting for her to snap on me, guess, I was traumatized too much in previous PTs) but glad we can save her now and she appreciates it.
5. New graphics.
6. Optimisation (serious boost to loading speed)
7. New faces.

There is more, but those seven things are the first that come to mind and that definitely has to stay!

veteran
veteran
Agreed, fantastic Patch.

Shadowheart is much more flexible now because of the ability score adjustments they made.

Blackheifer
veteran
veteran
I really dont want to ruin it to you, but i cant help the feeling that those dices are Patch 5 change. laugh

Honestly if i should pick one thing that i like most about patch 6 ...
and maybe this will be surprise for some who dont read my comentaries properly even tho they claim they do ...

Its High Ground changed from Advantage to +2 bonus ... simply love it! ^_^
I mean Sorcerer is great, graphic updates superb, new location awesome and there is bzillion other things i could list ... but that one is on my top. :P

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 22/10/21 07:06 PM.

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
W
stranger
stranger
W
Oddly enough Kagha is a lot more mellow/reserved now.
I do not know if I like her this way or not, mostly because her personality suited that sharp tongue she had, now it feels like she is more reserved while trying to be evil.
I appreciate the effort, Larian, but I felt that is what made her 'evil~ish' personality shine, was because she was so 'venomous'.

C
addict
addict
C
OP, you're 100% right. There's a lot to appreciate, and we do. Just the sad reality of being human, isn't it, it's a lot easier to focus on what needs fixed than what's good.

I love the new graphics. The new dialog is good. I'm enjoying sorcerer more than I expected to, esp. the wild magic flavor, that's some chaos I don't think I've experienced in a game before. Usually you have a reasonablyish-good sense if your choice will have positive or negative consequences, but this maybe it'll summon a nasty, maybe it'll give me advantage on my next attack? That's pretty cool

Last edited by colinl8; 23/10/21 06:58 PM. Reason: wrong adverb
addict
addict
Have only created a sorc so far but loved her getting theme appropriate clothing at start.

Like that they tried something new with the dirty filter. Just not happy with its current implementation.

The change to vertical combat is welcomed

A shout out to Amelia Tyler for her voice acting.

The game graphics look amazing.

Edit. Oh, we can't forget Minthara. Gorgeous!

Last edited by PrivateRaccoon; 23/10/21 04:30 AM.
Originally Posted by Amirit
3. New dialogues. There can not be enough reactivity, of course, and there are bugs too, but it's such a pleasure to see companions reacting to events happening with the protagonist!

I like that and the new events.

4. New Shadowheart personality. Actually, have mixed feelings about it (keep waiting for her to snap on me, guess, I was traumatized too much in previous PTs) but glad we can save her now and she appreciates it.

Wasn't this a Patch 5 change?
I never noticed her snapping there, and it actually seems like she's more irritable in Patch 6.

5. New graphics.
6. Optimisation (serious boost to loading speed)

I'm not sure about the new graphics being better, but I like that the game seems more colorful.
The game still loads slowly for me though.

F
addict
addict
F
I love:

a) The improved graphics
b) The sorcerer (although currently it makes the wizard more or less obsolete in BG3)

Stopped playing after a while, though. I don't want to burn this game for me (already got > 120 hours on it according to Steam) and will take up some more EA testing again when the level cap is raised to at least 5 (6 would be better for act 1). Feels like a teaser demo now, because I can hit the cap in less than 5 hours of gameplay.

#JusticeForKarlach

Petition to save Karlach: https://www.change.org/p/justice-for-karlach
Originally Posted by Firesong
b) The sorcerer (although currently it makes the wizard more or less obsolete in BG3)

If the Sorcerer class could learn spells from scrolls, I'd probably never choose the Wizard class.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by EliasIncarnation

If the Sorcerer class could learn spells from scrolls, I'd probably never choose the Wizard class.

if that happened, I would personally travel to Larians headquarters and punch someone.

No I wouldn't, but I would be pretty pissed.

L
journeyman
journeyman
L
I loved everything they did this patch minus Chromatic Orb tempering. Both new graphics and new content are amazing. Great job!

veteran
veteran
Yeah, it's fantastic. Wonderful. Thrilling.

It's also the patch that made me wish I could forget about this game entirely until the next substantial update comes, because it definitely failed to add enough to keep me even remotely engaged with the EA.

I've been even forcing myself to start a new playthrough and stick with it a couple of times, thinking "Maybe I'll get into it as it goes" but so far the exact opposite happened.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Tuco
Yeah, it's fantastic. Wonderful. Thrilling.

It's also the patch that made me wish I could forget about this game entirely until the next substantial update comes, because it definitely failed to add enough to keep me even remotely engaged with the EA.

I've been even forcing myself to start a new playthrough and stick with it a couple of times, thinking "Maybe I'll get into it as it goes" but so far the exact opposite happened.

Next update is, like, January 2022.

Have you tried multiplayer? Just grab a few Chad friends and settle in for some hijinks.

Blackheifer
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Blackheifer

Have you tried multiplayer? Just grab a few Chad friends and settle in for some hijinks.
January seems incredibly optimist.
And I can't really overstate how much of a shit I don't really give about multiplayer.
Yeah, I tried it with a friend and it can be an amusing diversion once or twice, but it's definitely NOT how I want to play a long-ass story-based CRPG.

Last edited by Tuco; 23/10/21 08:50 PM.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
veteran
veteran

And I can't really overstate how much of a shit I don't really give about multiplayer.
Yeah, I tried it with a friend and it can be an amusing diversion once or twice, but it's definitely NOT how I want to play a long-ass story-based CRPG.

I can feel the appreciation just dripping off of this post. Palpable.

Originally Posted by PrivateRaccoon
Originally Posted by EliasIncarnation

if that happened, I would personally travel to Larians headquarters and punch someone.

No I wouldn't, but I would be pretty pissed.

I'd be very surprised if they did that.

Originally Posted by JandK

I can feel the appreciation just dripping off of this post. Palpable.

I almost started criticizing and complaining in this topic as well, but I figured that it'd be better for my spirit if I were to try to look at the good even if it pales in comparison to the bad.
Besides, there are already other topics to do that in.

Yeah, I wouldn't want to play multiplayer in Baldur's Gate III.
Not because it's story-focused, but because it's just not as interesting to play in multiplayer as other games are.
I might have liked playing multiplayer in Baldur's Gate III if it had real-time gameplay, but multiplayer in turn-based isn't my cup of tea.

Somewhat on that note, I really wish that Dungeons & Dragons: Dark Alliance had been like an improved Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance game, instead of being a very different and apparently awful game.

As for the next update, I'd guess that it will probably be released in January or February.

Last edited by EliasIncarnation; 24/10/21 11:36 AM.
veteran
veteran
What a coincidence ...
I wish exactly the same for quite some time by now. laugh

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
I wish exactly the same for quite some time by now. laugh
Don't let me stop you. Feel free to take a hike.

veteran
veteran
No, exactly the same. wink

apprentice
apprentice
I do love the Sorcerer class, it was an excellent addition. Metamagic is so powerful, I found it made some of the harder fights a lot more winnable. Still gonna roll with a Warlock for full release for RP reasons, but damn if Sorcerer isn't fun.

Once more I am falsely accused of whatever it is that I am accused of. Falsely.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard