Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Rhobar121
I am not buying the argument that it breaks the balance.

At 10th level, a Warlock has just 2 spell slots. A Wizard has 4+3+3+3+2 = 15 total spell slots. If you allow infinite long rests, there is absolutely zero balance here.

Last edited by polliwagwhirl; 23/10/21 02:36 AM.
C
addict
addict
C
Originally Posted by polliwagwhirl
I don't think new currency systems are really needed. Just make camp supplies drop from combat and quests, and reduce the amount you find in random containers.

100% this! Don't give everybody and their brother a full night's camp supplies. Don't have so much food around that it becomes trivial to loot more than you'll ever use. (Obviously, I hope, reduce the number of containers to waste time looting, while you're at it).

The current camp system is really not that bad, but would be improved by food/camping supplies being valuable, not the year's worth of potatoes, sausage, and (likely rotting) fish I'm schlepping around. Maybe give some of this food expirations - fish only stay edible for 20 turns, fresh meat for 25, and so on.

veteran
veteran
I've got the best solution of all. Just throw out the whole rest system period. Yeah. See. Perfect. After every fight, everybody heals to full and recovers spell slots to full because without limits and restrictions, why bother with the annoyance of clicking end day and going to camp. Just auto heal and spell slot recovery every time and do away with long and short rests...

And food
And potions, because why would you need them at all
And spell slots, because you will probably not expend them all during a single battle
And camp dialogues
And mini camps and the main camp
And fatigue or special conditions that require a long rest to remove
And spells that heal special conditions
Etc. Etc. Etc.
And any kind of normal system of fighting a bunch of weaker minions and the a boss because every battle will need to be extreme boss battles to be fun because once you can fireball the crap out of enemies every battle what fun will the game be, so get rid of every enemy that isn't totally insane

Because when you start to cut restrictions, the game starts to completely unravel. You MUST restrict rests. Period. If you don't, everything falls apart.

Why does no one trust the experienced D&Ders. I've played the game for a long time. You can't just let players spam rests.

C
addict
addict
C
Originally Posted by GM4Him
"Quick! Never long rest because you'll turn into a monster if you do" or "Quick! Stop the druids from their ritual before they kick everyone out" or "Hurry, before the goblins attack and wipe out everyone in the grove." If the players are going to long rest frequently, then there needs to be some sort of complications and such that make up for the fact that they decided to reset all their HP and spells and such.

But isn't that a convention of the genre? I don't know any game I've played where there was something that should be catastrophically urgent that also couldn't wait for sidequests and whatnot. I don't know any game (and I'm certainly open to being wrong) where taking your time to rest or do sidequests results in catastrophe from the main plot.

I actually thought the knowledge we eventually get about how different our situation is from those more typically-afflicted is a really clever way to handle this (though granted this doesn't apply to the druid/tief situation).

But not having forever to deal with an urgent disaster? How do you make a game that enforces that without pissing off a huge, huge proportion of people?

Last edited by colinl8; 23/10/21 03:03 AM. Reason: missing modifier
C
addict
addict
C
Originally Posted by Niara
I just want to say... there is a part of me that has gotten a real smirk and a lot of minor enjoyment out of picking food for resting. I imagine the nights where we all sit down to dinner, and it's like:

thank you! I've always felt like a bit of a weirdo for enjoying meal planning for the party

old hand
old hand
The least complicated rest system would have been to have a day/night system. Long rest would be once in a 24 hour cycle and short rests would be whatever, maybe more or less depending on difficulty setting.

They need to separate companion conversations from resting. No matter what system they use for it, we are pretty much forced to be lazy bums to progress these conversations.

Originally Posted by LordRhaegar
Currently, the way that this "earning" of rest is implemented is through camp supplies. I shan't waste too many words deriding that system, I think we're all aware of its many inadequacies. A much better way of implementing this "earning" of rest would be by collecting Rest Points (TM).

I feel this would be yet another way to needlessly complicate things but that is not your fault, that is Larian's for expecting everyone to cheese things and "balancing" around that.

So, you can't short rest unless:

- Total character HP is below 3/4 combined Maximum HP: Characters have 8, 10, 8 and 6 HP for a max total of 32 HP. Short rest is not possible until they are 24 HP or lower. So if the one with 8 HP was reduced to 0 HP, a short rest is possible. Camping supplies are then required for a short rest (and camping supplies should include bandages... lol. They're supposed to apply bandages and such when resting)

Long rest has greater requirements:

- Total character HP is below 1/2 combined Maximum HP. (So, in the example above, 16 HP or less would be required)
- Total spell slot level are half maximum levels. So if Gale has 4 Level 1 slots and 2 Level 2, that's 6 total, and if Shadowheart has the same and so does the MC, then that's a total of 18 spell slots. you would need to have 9 or less spell slots to long rest.
- Both of these requirements would need to be met to Long Rest, thus symbolizing that the party is not willing to call it a day until they have actually been reduced to less than half of their abilities.
- Camping supplies are required for a long rest and it is more expensive than short rest.

I don't like this, sorry. It penalizes different playstyles. My all ranged party is barely going to take any damage but there is a really good chance that all my spell slots are going to be used in order to prevent the damage. In order to rest you are pretty much forcing me to use one or two characters as bait so they take damage, leading to using more spell slots for damage and less for crowd control and more potions being used to keep the bait alive. Now the bait may as well be a fighter since they have a better chance at survival and if I don't want to use all my potions then now I am stuck bringing a cleric who has to be careful to barely heal the bait. I suppose if I want to play my original party I can have some of them walk into a blade barrier or something so we can rest, but that is immersion breaking.

R
old hand
old hand
R
Originally Posted by mrfuji3
Losing approval is perhaps one of the worst ways to do this.
Why should players be penalized for playing the way they like?
It's not that frequent rest affects anyone other than the player himself.
I would say that strong restrictions have a greater negative impact on the game than if the game did not have them at all.
I am not buying the argument that it breaks the balance. No DnD game had practically any rest limits and it was never an important part of the games.
Because it's an rpg and rpgs are defined by choices. In the same way that killing random NPCs will make all other nearby NPCs hostile, it's reasonable that frequent long-resting (when companions explicitly tell you to rush to Point A) will result in disapproval of said companions. You don't get to just do anything you want to in a game, because the developers have to code for all possibilities and it's good for games to be relatively immersive and responsive to character decisions.

How is companion disapproval a strong restriction on resting? It's a fairly minor penalty, as approval is relatively easy to get. A more extreme consqeuence would be Lae'zel just leaving your party entirely (possibly for re-recruitment later).

The only character whose approval grows that high is Gale. The second character is Shadowheart, but it's not even 50% as easy as in the case of Gale. A large loss of approval causes the player to be locked into the companion story that is a large part of the game.
Besides, I don't like to be rushed, especially in a situation where rushing will end up dying quickly.
Let's say the Lae'zel quest. There is no chance that a character below level 4 has any chance to patrol without cheese, and this is just the normal difficulty level. In the full game, playing very hard (or whatever it will be called), there is no option that you will be able to beat this fight without level 5. Most likely, in the full game, you won't be able to reach level 5 before clearing most of the map on the surface.
I don't like situations when the game is punishing me because the fight went wrong because this group of half-dead goblins massacred my character in one turn and I was forced to rest once too much.

Last edited by Rhobar121; 23/10/21 03:14 AM.
Originally Posted by PrivateRaccoon
I prefer what Dheuster wrote as a quite interesting suggestion in his feedback thread

https://forums.larian.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=795295#Post795295 (warning, a lot of text)
I've seen it and I appreciate the amount of effort he put into it, but I really dislike the approach. I think it should work exactly the other way around....

I think we both have valid points, just different perspectives on the same root issue. But I believe this is what JandK was referrig to when he said the root issue (Resting at Camp) is at odds with itself. You seem focused on the game balancing aspect of the issue and I am more focused on the content exposure aspect. You mentioned at one point, who cares if people miss content... it is a non-linear game, that is what secondary play throughs are for. I would argue who cares if people spam their long rests, that is what the difficulty slider is for. So if we are both wrong, then maybe things are fine they way they are. smile

I appreciate the amount of effort you put into this as well. I would like to point out that when it comes to game balance, there are a number of large holes that need to be patched. I mean... how do you think I am able to play through most of the campaign without a single Long Rest? Don't need a lot of rest when every NPC has all the best gear, money, stolen scrolls and potions they can carry. I'm just saying, if the goal is game balance, Long Rests would not be my primary target.

I think your suggestion is pretty big budget. I too would love some elaborate improvements bordering on overhauls. Lord knows I posted my share of suggestions last year when I felt there was still enough development time left to make big changes. But at this point, a year into EA, I don't expect them to realistically consider any big-budget suggestion. Even my own post, my 2nd and 3rd bullets I wrote knowing very well it was more or less wishful thinking. In this thread, polliwagwhirl's suggestion to simply update the config to limit supply drops is probably the most likely suggestion made that might actually be considered. (Though secretly I hope it isn't as it is at odds with my goals wink )

But at least if Merchants carry supplies, I can still steal all I need....

Last edited by Dheuster; 23/10/21 05:30 AM.
veteran
veteran
A clock would be a good option as long as the game was linear like Solasta. The problem is when you can go wherever you want and you can end up with only boss fights left.
Another quite significant problem is what to do if the player is unlucky and is massacred by bad rng.
A fairly simple example, you come to an abandoned village and get surprised by goblins. The fight can end very quickly, or if you are unlucky, you can be practically massacred (it happened to me more than once).
And here's where the problem is, the player recently used rest but by rng he was left with minimal resources. However, he cannot rest.
What is the player doing? Either he tries to tire himself further or he minimizes the game and goes to watch youtube.

Open the clock, choose the hour you want, click "wait", look time passing fast, then do what you want.

A simple cheat that allow players to do what they want even if the system is now balanced arround 1 long rest / day.

Last edited by Maximuuus; 23/10/21 06:21 AM.

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
veteran
veteran
The only character whose approval grows that high is Gale. The second character is Shadowheart, but it's not even 50% as easy as in the case of Gale. A large loss of approval causes the player to be locked into the companion story that is a large part of the game.
Besides, I don't like to be rushed, especially in a situation where rushing will end up dying quickly.
Let's say the Lae'zel quest. There is no chance that a character below level 4 has any chance to patrol without cheese, and this is just the normal difficulty level. In the full game, playing very hard (or whatever it will be called), there is no option that you will be able to beat this fight without level 5. Most likely, in the full game, you won't be able to reach level 5 before clearing most of the map on the surface.
I don't like situations when the game is punishing me because the fight went wrong because this group of half-dead goblins massacred my character in one turn and I was forced to rest once too much.
I never argued for a large loss of approval. Even a single point of approval loss would be sufficient, simply because the display message "Lae'zel disapproves" would motivate players to push on. Also, in my initial post I did suggest allowing a persuasion check to reduce/negate that approval loss. Again, simply because the fact that the message/conversation would be brought up is enough of a disincentive to frequent long resting.

If you don't like to be rushed, that's fine. But that's a separate issue from things like: "the system will be simple to soft lock," and/or "the mechanical consequence is too punitive." I'm not arguing that the game should require you to go through 10+ fights before you're able to long rest. But 2 or 3? Yeah that's fine; that's the lower limit of expected battles per long rest in 5e. And given the prevalence of scrolls, the healing from short rests, and the class abilities that recharge on short rest, it will be extremely unlikely to reach a scenario where you literally cannot continue adventuring without long resting in such a time frame. And even if you do reach that scenario, you can rest anyway with a (possible) slight approval loss! And/or lower the difficulty level if you want (another option is that rest limits are only turned on for "hardcore/realism" difficulty modes.)

This implementation could also be combined with other metrics: i.e., if the game detects total HP across the party to be too low (i.e., exactly the example you propose above) then it could add a dialogue line to Lae'zel "You make a good point Tav; a smart warrior knows when to rest for the next fight," and reduce/negate the approval loss if you force a long rest.

R
old hand
old hand
R
Originally Posted by mrfuji3
I never argued for a large loss of approval. Even a single point of approval loss would be sufficient, simply because the display message "Lae'zel disapproves" would motivate players to push on. Also, in my initial post I did suggest allowing a persuasion check to reduce/negate that approval loss. Again, simply because the fact that the message/conversation would be brought up is enough of a disincentive to frequent long resting.

If you don't like to be rushed, that's fine. But that's a separate issue from things like: "the system will be simple to soft lock," and/or "the mechanical consequence is too punitive." I'm not arguing that the game should require you to go through 10+ fights before you're able to long rest. But 2 or 3? Yeah that's fine; that's the lower limit of expected battles per long rest in 5e. And given the prevalence of scrolls, the healing from short rests, and the class abilities that recharge on short rest, it will be extremely unlikely to reach a scenario where you literally cannot continue adventuring without long resting in such a time frame. And even if you do reach that scenario, you can rest anyway with a (possible) slight approval loss! And/or lower the difficulty level if you want (another option is that rest limits are only turned on for "hardcore/realism" difficulty modes.)

This implementation could also be combined with other metrics: i.e., if the game detects total HP across the party to be too low (i.e., exactly the example you propose above) then it could add a dialogue line to Lae'zel "You make a good point Tav; a smart warrior knows when to rest for the next fight," and reduce/negate the approval loss if you force a long rest.

Only at this point you can do it now, although it is doubtful whether the game will allow it on higher difficulty levels where the enemies will be much stronger. Even now, there are fights that can easily turn into difficult fights, especially when the character is not rested.
I would rather not expect that playing at the highest level will allow you to play more than 1-2 fights per rest, especially since there are not many ways to recover except for a short rest, unless you play specific class combinations.
You won't get far with cantrips alone.
Reducing approval doesn't make much sense then.

Last edited by Rhobar121; 23/10/21 06:44 AM.
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by robertthebard
Yeah, there's lots of "bs" here, but I think you're going to be surprised where I find it lies. Looking at page one of this particular forum, just before clicking in to this topic, and there aren't even 3 topics specifically aimed at resting on the first page. So, there's "BS" number one where "every third thread" is concerned, yes?
That was clearly hyperbole, but there are in fact exactly 3 threads just on this topic on the first page right now.

Here's another example of BS: "Well, we just find a way to pressure them into taking those long rests", despite the fact that they may not have enough rest points to actually do that, right? I mean, that's the premise of your thread, to artificially limit LRs, but your solution to this very real issue is to force more LRs. Some more BS: "you're not going to get every sequence". So now, instead of replying to what was actually said, you're making stuff up, aka "strawman", so you can refute it.
Stop putting things in my mouth, and perhaps look up the meaning of words such as "strawman" in the dictionary before you start throwing them around. I said I was perfectly happy with no pressure to rest -and- with people missing storylines.
But if you want to make sure people don't miss out on those rests - it's not that complicated. There are only a handful of dream sequences + Astarion biting scene. Players will definitely take those handful of rests before finishing the goblin camp anyway. You don't really have to pressure them at all, just make triggering of the scenes less conditional and more consistent on those rests. You also have the option of encouraging the long rest through penalties I mentioned, in which case, of course, you make sure that all the combats and non-combat adventuring that the character has to do in order to get to a place where his rest is "required", earn them enough points to do so.

But crucially here, I actually missed no dream sequences due to infrequent resting, because they are so few, and most of the content I got "locked out" of was companion-related cut-scenes and relationship development. This is also the part that's bugging me the most with your whole bullshit rant - you just persistently keep ignoring my proposition that none of the other companion interactions have to be camp interactions. They should not be tied to resting in any way, shape, or form. There, your "problem" solved.

Seems like I knew exactly what it meant.

The straw man is a fallacy in which an opponent's argument is overstated or misrepresented in order to be more easily attacked or refuted

You say "pressure them to take a long rest", I add "despite the fact that they may not have enough rest points", but I'm "putting things in your mouth"? Sorry, did you realize that this was a hole in your "final solution", and you were just too embarrassed to admit it? The tadpole elements are all based on dreams, short rests don't, as of now, trigger those. So someone that's not doing absolutely everything may not accumulate those 100 rest points your system requires to trigger them, thus cutting them out of character development. This doesn't have anything to do with "getting every camp scenario", despite your strawman from earlier in the thread.

I don't think there's a problem with the rest system to begin with
Yeah, shows how much your opinion on the matter should be taken seriously.

Then there's this. Since you've already indicated that your problem with the current rest system is that it can be spammed, that tells me how much your opinion on the matter should be considered: Not at all. How Joe Casual chooses to play the game is, quite frankly, none of your business, unless they're playing in your MP instance of the game. In a SP environment, it has no bearing on what you're doing. You do want to control how they play, however. I've said this in another thread on the matter, but if I didn't read the forums, I wouldn't know there's an issue with the rest system, which tells me that there isn't one. Obvious flaws/bugs/exploits don't require reading the forums to know about them, they can be encountered naturally by playing the game. I didn't eat food to heal up in combat, but that "issue" was "fixed". Another thing that I wouldn't know about because I didn't try to do it, except that I read about it on the forums. I missed a lot of character development because I didn't take enough LRs to get it. That is a bigger issue than "someone might rest too much for my liking in the SP game that they also bought".

You see, I don't know if tadpole dreams are tied to specific story beats, or to a certain number of LRs, because I didn't get all of them. That needs to be fixed. I missed out on a lot of comp dialog, because I didn't take enough LRs. Nowhere does this imply that I should get them all, in spite of what your strawman tries to imply, but I should have gotten more than I did. That needs to be fixed. How much Joe Casual is resting in their SP campaign? None of my business, as it doesn't affect what is or isn't happening in my SP campaign. What I do need to get are the crucial elements to both comp and personal stories. Your "final solution" does nothing to address my problem with LRs, in that if I don't take enough of them, I'll be missing out on those elements, and if I'm not doing everything there is to do in Act 1, I won't accumulate enough "rest points" to get them, and so, your "final solution" actually makes the game worse, instead of "fixing" anything except your need to control what another player may be doing in their SP campaign.

TL;DR? Your little system makes the problems that I'm having with the rest system worse, instead of addressing them, and therefore brings nothing of value to the conversation. I already don't "abuse" the LR system, so making it harder to abuse doesn't do anything for me but make getting the things I should be able to get harder to get. So, from where I'm sitting, it's not even a band-aid, let alone a "final solution"...

old hand
old hand
I've got the best solution of all. Just throw out the whole rest system period. Yeah. See. Perfect. After every fight, everybody heals to full and recovers spell slots to full because without limits and restrictions, why bother with the annoyance of clicking end day and going to camp. Just auto heal and spell slot recovery every time and do away with long and short rests...

And food
And potions, because why would you need them at all
And spell slots, because you will probably not expend them all during a single battle
And camp dialogues
And mini camps and the main camp
And fatigue or special conditions that require a long rest to remove
And spells that heal special conditions
Etc. Etc. Etc.
And any kind of normal system of fighting a bunch of weaker minions and the a boss because every battle will need to be extreme boss battles to be fun because once you can fireball the crap out of enemies every battle what fun will the game be, so get rid of every enemy that isn't totally insane

Because when you start to cut restrictions, the game starts to completely unravel. You MUST restrict rests. Period. If you don't, everything falls apart.

Why does no one trust the experienced D&Ders. I've played the game for a long time. You can't just let players spam rests.

Because some of us have also played DnD? I stopped at 4e, but played from the original pamphlets to then. My dice are sitting in their little box, collecting dust now. Unsurprisingly, if I didn't read the forums, I wouldn't know there was an issue with the rest system. The problem I have with threads like this is that I already restrict my LRs. I've been doing it since I started playing. Why aren't you doing it? If you're going to tell me that you do, then I'm "Pushing X to doubt". Because the alternative is that you're more worried about controlling what Joe Casual is doing, than what you're doing to prevent "everything falls apart". Surely nobody is self important enough to believe that their opinion on a SP game is what should dictate what everyone else does, right?

L
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
L
Originally Posted by Niara
As an extreme aside to this topic...

I just want to say... there is a part of me that has gotten a real smirk and a lot of minor enjoyment out of picking food for resting. I imagine the nights where we all sit down to dinner, and it's like:

"Okay, folks... here's dinner for tonight!" And everyone is just handed two bottles of wine each. "Drink up!"

Or the nights where each person was given a whole wheel of cheese, and nothing else, and what they do with that cheese is their own business.

These are the 'little silliness' features that I giggle at to myself, and appreciate, in a more serious game setting.

This is not to cast comment on the system itself and the issues with it - I'm not wading into that at the moment... but I did just want to mention that this little thing, small as it is, is making me smirk.
In my system, food can be kept as an additional condition, especially since it is so plentiful and non-restrictive. It can add an extra element of role-playing to it.

L
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
L
blah blah truch truch
You know, my motivation for writing this thread was to address the fact that the fundamental D&D concepts of an adventuring day and rest are currently not implemented at all in the game. Spamming rest is not an implementation of D&D rules. It's not even an interpretation of them, it's blatantly ignoring rules. And it's not just me who thinks Larian's rest system sucks, apparently Larian thinks so too, otherwise, they wouldn't have made a futile attempt at making it suck less by adding food requirements. So, the point was to fix a mechanical issue.

What you seem to be hung up on is companion-related content. It is something that hasn't even crossed my mind when writing this. But since that seems like a big problem for people, it is shocking to see the unbelievable lack of imagination, since this "problem" is beyond banal to solve. And the solution is painfully obvious - disentangle companion interaction with the need to sleep. But no, you will not argue for a common-sense solution, you are arguing that we should keep literally the most fundamental concept of D&D, an adventuring day, completely broken so that you can have all the companion interaction in the stupid way Larian has intended you to - before sleeping.

Just delete your account and go away.

veteran
veteran
I would say that strong restrictions have a greater negative impact on the game than if the game did not have them at all.
I am not buying the argument that it breaks the balance. No DnD game had practically any rest limits and it was never an important part of the games.
Agree! I wouldn’t want to lose companion approval for resting or to have quests fail or have worse outcomes.

Last edited by Icelyn; 23/10/21 12:34 PM.
veteran
veteran
- long/short rest are a core mechanic of DnD.
- in DnD, it's based on time. Everything is balanced arround 1 LR/day.
- Without resting restrictions, the spellslot system and the class balance is broken or does not make sense.
- in a video game, players should not be stucked because they cannot rest when they have to.
- in BG3, companions scenes trigger when you long rest.
- in BG3, players shouldn't have to spam long rest to trigger all companion scenes.

These are facts everyone should have in mind when making or answering suggestions about the mechanic.

The resting system in BG3 is a problem but it's not because some players can spam it.

It's because "click the button when you want" is the only thing the game offers... Which is in total contradiction with the rules the game uses.

Last edited by Maximuuus; 23/10/21 12:06 PM.

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
Not a great system. It is a singleplayer game and people should play it the way they want. The need to consume food is fine, the more important thing was removing the direct heal effects from the food items.

old hand
old hand
blah blah truch truch
You know, my motivation for writing this thread was to address the fact that the fundamental D&D concepts of an adventuring day and rest are currently not implemented at all in the game. Spamming rest is not an implementation of D&D rules. It's not even an interpretation of them, it's blatantly ignoring rules. And it's not just me who thinks Larian's rest system sucks, apparently Larian thinks so too, otherwise, they wouldn't have made a futile attempt at making it suck less by adding food requirements. So, the point was to fix a mechanical issue.

What you seem to be hung up on is companion-related content. It is something that hasn't even crossed my mind when writing this. But since that seems like a big problem for people, it is shocking to see the unbelievable lack of imagination, since this "problem" is beyond banal to solve. And the solution is painfully obvious - disentangle companion interaction with the need to sleep. But no, you will not argue for a common-sense solution, you are arguing that we should keep literally the most fundamental concept of D&D, an adventuring day, completely broken so that you can have all the companion interaction in the stupid way Larian has intended you to - before sleeping.

Just delete your account and go away.

Reads as: "but my idea is being challenged, and I can't handle it".

Check it out, you're concerned with "fixing a game mechanic", and yet, want to cry when I point to other mechanics that are broken, that are directly tied to the mechanic you want to "fix", with no apparent solutions to the things that are already broken, and yet, want to claim "final solution".

So, how, exactly, is "pressure them to take a long rest for comp/tadpole content" going to work when they don't have your 100 rest points? This was your stated solution to a problem that I pointed out with it, and yet, the closest thing I've gotten to a response is "delete your account and go away"? So, despite "final solution", it's not even solving issues that are, despite how much resentment you have, tied directly to the system. You're more concerned about what other players might be doing, than any real problems with the game. What other motivations would there be for dismissing inherent issues with your system with things like "delete your account and go away"?

So instead of trying to solve these issues, you resort to this. How is it going to address my issues with the current system? How are you going to "pressure" me to take a long rest, if I don't have 100 rest points to take it? Instead of strawman arguments, or straight out attacking me with "delete your account and go away", how about you actually present some real answers to flaws in your "final solution"? I understand that this is a challenging issue for people that don't like having their "brilliance" called into question, but none of this provides any solutions to the inherent problems in your "system".

L
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
L
I can take criticism, you're just not providing any. You're crying about an issue that is only related to resting by Larian's stupid design, not because it needs to be. And since apparently you can't read:

with no apparent solutions to the things that are already broken, and yet, want to claim "final solution".

This "problem" is beyond banal to solve. And the solution is painfully obvious - disentangle companion interaction with the need to sleep.

Go back to the kiddy table.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard