Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Prior to Patch 6, during the conversation with Mattis the tiefling child merchant about his "magic" ring, if you agreed to peruse his wares and pass two quite difficult perception checks, it would trigger a second cutscene where
you could catch his "guard" Silfy in the act of picking your pocket.

Now, however, when you pass the second check, the conversation just... ends. The second scene never triggers. There is no acknowledgement that anything has happened.

Once more I am falsely accused of whatever it is that I am accused of. Falsely.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Fun Fact, you can even let Matis throw the coin a lot more times allways saying he should do it again. Makes him to get another Textline and reacting accordingly to it.

Last edited by TheHero; 24/10/21 03:34 PM.
F
journeyman
journeyman
F
Originally Posted by SirCellophane
Prior to Patch 6, during the conversation with Mattis the tiefling child merchant about his "magic" ring, if you agreed to peruse his wares and pass two quite difficult perception checks, it would trigger a second cutscene where
you could catch his "guard" Silfy in the act of picking your pocket.

Now, however, when you pass the second check, the conversation just... ends. The second scene never triggers. There is no acknowledgement that anything has happened.

Noticed this as well. His 'guard' was just standing there next to Astarion (who I used for this) and if talked to, said nothing much and ran off to his usual spot.

old hand
old hand
Yup, I have this too.

Edit: also, some feedback on what the perception rolls actually achieve when you succeed on them would be nice

Last edited by Dexai; 28/10/21 11:07 AM.

Optimistically Apocalyptic

Link Copied to Clipboard