Larian Banner
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#796178 25/10/21 03:27 AM
Joined: Feb 2021
GM4Him Online Content OP
veteran
OP Online Content
veteran
Joined: Feb 2021
So, for people like me who would like fade to black so we don't have to view porn to follow certain romance paths, or we skip it while shielding our eyes, can we get a Parental Discretion button in options that just fades to black? You know what happens and you just show them snuggling or something after, keeping the nudity out of it, etc.?

Oh, and maybe a censor button also to bleep out the swears.

It'd be nice anyway.

I do want to reiterate, I love this game. I just wish it was more like Star Wars in the obscenities and naughty bits department, and since so many like that stuff out here, at least let me turn it off.

Joined: Jun 2020
veteran
Offline
veteran
Joined: Jun 2020
More options for players is a positive thing.

I feel as though the game, when published formally, will most likely have parental controls of some description, but I support the request being put forward for those that feel they want or need them. I hope that if there are going to be full parental controls available, that it also encourages Larian to do those adult-oriented scenes well and right, and not make them silly, cringey or half-arsed.

Joined: Oct 2021
member
Offline
member
Joined: Oct 2021
Originally Posted by GM4Him
So, for people like me who would like fade to black so we don't have to view porn to follow certain romance paths, or we skip it while shielding our eyes, can we get a Parental Discretion button in options that just fades to black? You know what happens and you just show them snuggling or something after, keeping the nudity out of it, etc.?

Oh, and maybe a censor button also to bleep out the swears.

It'd be nice anyway.

I do want to reiterate, I love this game. I just wish it was more like Star Wars in the obscenities and naughty bits department, and since so many like that stuff out here, at least let me turn it off.

I agree.

Joined: Oct 2020
member
Offline
member
Joined: Oct 2020
As an option I am in for it. And the QOL provided by this would not just be for people with sensitivities, but also people like Streamers. Big Platforms don't allow any kind of adult content (while also being huge hypocrites about this) and ban people showing the slightest nudity (even animated).

Larian would want to cash in on streaming PR, but a lot of streamers will not touch a risk like that. A sudden nipple can result in a ban, which is unfortunate for them.

Joined: Oct 2021
J
addict
Offline
addict
J
Joined: Oct 2021
Originally Posted by KingTiki
As an option I am in for it. And the QOL provided by this would not just be for people with sensitivities, but also people like Streamers. Big Platforms don't allow any kind of adult content (while also being huge hypocrites about this) and ban people showing the slightest nudity (even animated).

Larian would want to cash in on streaming PR, but a lot of streamers will not touch a risk like that. A sudden nipple can result in a ban, which is unfortunate for them.

I agree that a parental feature would be nice, but to just to mention, I'm pretty sure both Twitch and Youtube are okay with nudity in video games.

Now, some streamers may want to avoid showcasing nudity because they have family friendly streams, but that's a matter of choice, not a rule governed by the platform.

Joined: Oct 2020
Location: Sweden
addict
Offline
addict
Joined: Oct 2020
Location: Sweden
Originally Posted by KingTiki
A sudden nipple can result in a ban, which is unfortunate for them.

Not if it's a male nipple. Oh the wonderful world of double standards we live in smile

Joined: Oct 2021
J
addict
Offline
addict
J
Joined: Oct 2021
Originally Posted by PrivateRaccoon
Originally Posted by KingTiki
A sudden nipple can result in a ban, which is unfortunate for them.

Not if it's a male nipple. Oh the wonderful world of double standards we live in smile

On what platform is a female nipple in a video game cause for a ban?

Here's a link to Felicia Day playing Cyberpunk on Twitch. Check out the 47:13 mark: https://www.twitch.tv/feliciaday/video/837127080?filter=archives&sort=time

Here's a link of a Minthara romance scene from last year still up on Youtube: "https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJlUpNQtF_k&t=340s"

Last edited by JandK; 25/10/21 08:25 AM.
Joined: Oct 2020
enthusiast
Offline
enthusiast
Joined: Oct 2020
Originally Posted by PrivateRaccoon
Originally Posted by KingTiki
A sudden nipple can result in a ban, which is unfortunate for them.

Not if it's a male nipple. Oh the wonderful world of double standards we live in smile

Remove Nipples from female breasts? Kidding smile

I personally like the Romance options (they are optional after all) but i think a possibility to avoid them, or at least the sex scenes, could open up the game to a younger audience. In our society blood, gore and murder is sadly more accepted than love and sex.

Joined: Oct 2020
member
Offline
member
Joined: Oct 2020
Originally Posted by JandK
Originally Posted by PrivateRaccoon
Originally Posted by KingTiki
A sudden nipple can result in a ban, which is unfortunate for them.

Not if it's a male nipple. Oh the wonderful world of double standards we live in smile

On what platform is a female nipple in a video game cause for a ban?

Here's a link to Felicia Day playing Cyberpunk on Twitch. Check out the 47:13 mark: https://www.twitch.tv/feliciaday/video/837127080?filter=archives&sort=time

Here's a link of a Minthara romance scene from last year still up on Youtube: "https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJlUpNQtF_k&t=340s"

Well this is a good thing then. I have at least seen some (maybe temporary) bans surrounding CK3, when it first launched. There are some nude models under certain circumstances. I am not big into streaming, I was just pondering the idea, that Larian wants such an option to allow for easier streaming. (I know CK3 has done such an option, I thought it was intentionally for this).

Joined: Dec 2017
F
enthusiast
Offline
enthusiast
F
Joined: Dec 2017
No.

Just don't. Don't allow the ostensible "moral sensitivities" of people who want to oppress us to win here once again.

Nobodies head will explode because of nudity, etc... trust me.

Last edited by Firesong; 26/10/21 07:15 AM.

Larian, please improve QoL / UX.

And give us Halsin as companion, please.
Joined: Jun 2020
veteran
Offline
veteran
Joined: Jun 2020
How would you be oppressed by a menu option that you never have to turn on?

Joined: Dec 2017
F
enthusiast
Offline
enthusiast
F
Joined: Dec 2017
Originally Posted by Niara
How would you be oppressed by a menu option that you never have to turn on?

Systematically.

a) It implies that there is something wrong with nudity, sexuality, etc... which is wrong, the idea alone is repressive
b) If companies would stop catering to the people who think that nudity, sexuality, etc... is wrong then it would create a new climate in society and establish new facts - streaming platforms, etc... simply couldn't afford the anti-sex agenda anymore

Last edited by Firesong; 26/10/21 07:19 AM.

Larian, please improve QoL / UX.

And give us Halsin as companion, please.
Joined: Oct 2020
member
Offline
member
Joined: Oct 2020
Per definition an option cannot have a negative value. How is that for a fact?

Joined: Dec 2017
F
enthusiast
Offline
enthusiast
F
Joined: Dec 2017
Originally Posted by KingTiki
Per definition an option cannot have a negative value. How is that for a fact?

Thats rather short sighted, because we don't live in a vacuum. There is always politics and culture involved with such things, I have explained it.


Larian, please improve QoL / UX.

And give us Halsin as companion, please.
Joined: Jun 2020
veteran
Offline
veteran
Joined: Jun 2020
Originally Posted by Firesong
a) It implies that there is something wrong with nudity, sexuality, etc... which is wrong, the idea alone is repressive

No it doesn't.

It only acknowledges that there are things that some people like, and others don't, and funnily enough, that's a good thing, and it's okay. People are allowed to like different things, and if those things are easy enough to filter then it should not be used to exclude them from a greater body of content that they would otherwise enjoy alongside the people who also enjoy the bits they don't.

Quote
b) If companies would stop catering to the people who think that nudity, sexuality, etc... is wrong then it would create a new climate in society and establish new facts - streaming platforms, etc... simply couldn't afford the anti-sex agenda anymore

Forcing everyone to live the way that you think they should, and not providing them options to do otherwise, is, by actual definition, Oppression.

Don't get me wrong, I'm an extremely sex-positive person, and I enjoy adult content in my entertainment media even if it is not the subject or focus of it. I'd even like and appreciate more such things, and a more relaxed approach to it in all walks of life, as long as it comes alongside better education, awareness and good mental/emotional health practices. I disagree very strongly with enforced censorship in ALL its forms.

However... if I start trying to demand that people not have the option of opting out of those elements that they don't want to engage in, while still experiencing the rest of the material, then I'd be acting directly against that exact philosophy, and doing exactly what it was I was pushing for others not to do.

(If you look elsewhere on these forums you'll see that I'm pretty in favour of the open-minded approach to the presence of adult content in these games, and I want to see it done well... but if I say that people shouldn't have the option of telling the game to black fade those bits for them, because that's what they prefer, then I'm just as bad as the people demanding that the scenes shouldn't exist - exactly as bad, in fact.)

Last edited by Niara; 26/10/21 07:37 AM.
Joined: Oct 2020
member
Offline
member
Joined: Oct 2020
Originally Posted by Firesong
Originally Posted by KingTiki
Per definition an option cannot have a negative value. How is that for a fact?

Thats rather short sighted, because we don't live in a vacuum. There is always politics and culture involved with such things, I have explained it.

No it is a fact. In contrast to your statement. An option can - at worst - have a value of 0. Because the inherent feature of an option is: you can choose to use it or not. So even if I give you the option "You need to give me everything you own" this option has no negative value for you. Because you simply can choose to not take it.

Joined: Dec 2017
F
enthusiast
Offline
enthusiast
F
Joined: Dec 2017
Originally Posted by KingTiki
Originally Posted by Firesong
Originally Posted by KingTiki
Per definition an option cannot have a negative value. How is that for a fact?

Thats rather short sighted, because we don't live in a vacuum. There is always politics and culture involved with such things, I have explained it.

No it is a fact. In contrast to your statement. An option can - at worst - have a value of 0. Because the inherent feature of an option is: you can choose to use it or not. So even if I give you the option "You need to give me everything you own" this option has no negative value for you. Because you simply can choose to not take it.

It's different here.

Games with "parental discretion features" enable streaming platforms to enforce censorship because players have the option to stream games without the content oppressive people don't want to be available.

If games wouldn't have such controls then streaming platforms would be forced to give up their anti-sexuality- and anti-nudity-rules, this would make the world a better place.


Larian, please improve QoL / UX.

And give us Halsin as companion, please.
Joined: Oct 2020
member
Offline
member
Joined: Oct 2020
I am a fierce proponent of individual rights. Which do include things like a privately operated company to decide what kind of content they want to have on their platforms. And if some of them want to ban nudity, they are absolutely in the right to do so. They can even be as arbitrarily as they want about anything.

The important thing is, that the government does not take away your rights to have your own platform with blackjack and hookers, so to speak. Because THAT would be censorship.

Joined: Oct 2020
Location: Liberec
veteran
Offline
veteran
Joined: Oct 2020
Location: Liberec
Well ...
I believe this game is for 18+ ... so no responsible parent should allow his child to be anywehere near. O_o
It sounds kinda funny to me ... like demanding parental control being aplied to hardcore fetish porn movie. laugh

But on the other hand, if you are player parent yourself you never know when, how, or whence those little rascals get to your room ... especialy if you are that kind of player that plays with headphones on ...

So i gues +1, this cant harm anything and it can help someone, so i dont quite see any reason why not. ^_^


Short coment on my English. smile

Anyway ... i cast Eldritch Blast!
Joined: Oct 2020
old hand
Offline
old hand
Joined: Oct 2020
Censorship is censorship, regardless of who it is that's is the censor.

But Firesong, you are completely wrong about what would happen if streaming sites couldn't enforce their censorship through "discretion features". Because they wouldn't just allow those games. They'd make streamers not stream those parts anyway, or ban the entire games from being streamed at all.


Optimistically Apocalyptic
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5