Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
GM4Him Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Originally Posted by fallenj
How many threads you going to make on the same subject?

Don't want it to fall by the wayside. UI stinks. Want them to do something about it.

I don't know. Getting tired of it all, actually. No suggestion goes unpunished. Gotta wonder why we're even posting anything when the most important items are not being addressed.

So... Maybe I will just stop. This EA nonsense is exhausting. If the game winds up sucking in the end, I just won't buy anymore Larian games even if they are continuing one of my favorite storylines.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by sheffie01
I've been playing with the Rogues Extra mod where they change the behavior of Sneak attack to be on auto all the time as a buff, and it's a game-changer.
I bet it is ...
The concept itself removes at least 50% tactical value of that spell. :-/

If my comments bother you, there is nothing easier than telling me to stop.
I mean ... I won't ... but it's easy to say. wink
old hand
old hand
GM4Him, presuming if they were going to read about this complaint they would of done so a long long time ago when it was discussed already multiple times. I took a break from the forums and been playing New World and a crap mobile game. Not going to lie, it was kinda sad coming back and seeing this topic in a new thread for the 100th time.

If you really need to, try bumping one of the previous threads or add to it, just a suggestion, take it or leave it.

later

S
apprentice
apprentice
S
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
I've been playing with the Rogues Extra mod where they change the behavior of Sneak attack to be on auto all the time as a buff, and it's a game-changer.
I bet it is ...
The concept itself removes at least 50% tactical value of that spell. :-/

Try not to discard something you haven't tried. My fault for explaining it badly. Technically the mod allows you to remove the buff when you want, so player agency is preserved. The point is, you can apply sneak attack on AOO as well as weapon actions and special arrows. As it should be.

I just happen to leave it on all the time, because I couldn't be bothered to not apply sneak attack, especially since I play with a rapier and so no offhand.

EDIT: shoul've read this -

Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
I mean as far as i know, Sneak Attack for Rogues should be aplicable to litteraly every and any attack they do ... no? (I mean including Elemental arrows)
So simply implement the same UI as Sorcerers get for Metamagic ...
Separate bar (prefferably abowe our curent action bar BTW) for Rogue with single button, that will say "Sneak Attack: Add 1d6 to your Damage dices, not consumed when you miss, usable once per turn" ...
And voila! laugh
You can throw away Meele Sneak Atttack, Ranged Sneak Attack, Off-hand Sneak Attack and reaction Sneak Attack.

I see we agree on how it should be implemented smile. Can confirm that's what Rogue Extra does (though not implemented the same as metamagic, it just changes the sneak attack buttons to apply/unapply a buff. I suspect something like metamagic would be the best and cleanest implementation possible, to your point) !

Last edited by sheffie01; 07/11/21 12:41 AM.
GM4Him Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Originally Posted by fallenj
GM4Him, presuming if they were going to read about this complaint they would of done so a long long time ago when it was discussed already multiple times. I took a break from the forums and been playing New World and a crap mobile game. Not going to lie, it was kinda sad coming back and seeing this topic in a new thread for the 100th time.

If you really need to, try bumping one of the previous threads or add to it, just a suggestion, take it or leave it.

later

Yeah. I think I might take a break too. I do feel like it's been a year of saying the same exact things over and over again and arguing with people who just argue for the sake of arguing, and no matter what you say, they keep fighting you.

It's exhausting and I'm wondering what we're all really doing out here.

For example, what difference does it make whether Ragnarok thinks we don't need a new UI or not? Is Ragnarok making the decisions on this game?

So why do I bother trying to convince anyone of anything out here? For the hope they'll put something in the game that I think will make it better?

Bah! The most important things to me they keep on ignoring; basic fundamental things.

Same old story. We're just repeating ourselves again and again for over a year.

We need new UI, Day/Night, Inventory Management, 6 member party size, proper D&D stats, at least as a difficulty setting, etc. Etc. Etc.

If they don't know by now what a large number of their fans want...

Anyway, whatever. I might still post here and there, but I think for the most part I'm done. Maybe if I find something new to post or something... I don't know.

old hand
old hand
It's generally a good practice to leave and come back, to have fresh eyes on whatever the subject is. Take it easy.

veteran
veteran
though not implemented the same as metamagic, it just changes the sneak attack buttons to apply/unapply a buff
I dont understand this sentence ...
Button that changes if apply/unapply buff is exactly the same as metamagic. laugh

Originally Posted by GM4Him
For example, what difference does it make whether Ragnarok thinks we don't need a new UI or not? Is Ragnarok making the decisions on this game?
Oh thats easy. smile
The more people supports and idea, the better the idea is for majority ... simple as that. laugh

Also Ragnarok does certainly not make decisions for this game, if he would we would have much more complex spellcasting system he suggested long time ago. laugh
Yet, Ragnarok does defend his own gamestyle same as you (and litteraly everyone else on this forum and other platforms aswell) ... and therefore he does not feels like he deserve to be constantly represented as your forum arch enemy, whos whole reason of existence is to opose your "brilliant ideas, who litteraly everyone else loves" ... especialy in cases when they are not even close to that. laugh

If my comments bother you, there is nothing easier than telling me to stop.
I mean ... I won't ... but it's easy to say. wink
S
apprentice
apprentice
S
Ragnarok, I can't tell if you're trolling. This is really not a debate worth having, especially since we agree on the desired implementation. If you're looking to get into a pointless argument about a mod, I would suggest giving it a try beforehand.

GM4Him, I'm sorry to hear you feel exhausted. There is another post on this forum about community engagement, and though I don't think Larian "owes" the players anything, the passion from the community for this game is so high that it would be nice for them to at least "steer" the feedback by ruling out some things, which would allow the community to make peace with the fact that some of these features won't make it into the game. Party size of 6 or RTwP, for example, would necessitate a massive redesign that I just don't see happening.

As an aside that may help with "feedback burn out", I would really like to have more mega-threads for these discussions in the mega-threads section, it would reduce redundancy significantly and allow for much more focus. Mods, if you are reading this, is there a way to "request" mega threads to be added, or are they added at the discretion of mods/admins? I would understand if it were the latter, but it doesn't hurt to ask smile. EDIT: please ignore this. I should learn to read. There is indeed a thread on the mega threads section to requests topics.

For the rest, Larian have given evidence in my book that they are, in fact, listening. We wanted backstab gone, it's gone. We wanted high ground gone, it's gone. Players didn't like the redesign of Minthara (of all the things to be upset about), they reverted course and changed it. The most serious bugs discussed in these forums disappear after each patch (remember broken pathfinding in patch 5? Didn't encounter this one single time in patch 6). Barrelmancy is gone. Splash surfaces are gone. There are loads of other examples. My point is: they do, indeed, know that the players want. And I would just hope for some of the features to be implemented in the future (day and night cycle / UI redesign), but I would hedge my bets when it comes to some others (RtWP or 6 member party).

At the end of the day, it is just a game. A passion-inducing one, for sure, but a game nonetheless.

Last edited by sheffie01; 07/11/21 06:26 PM.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard