Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
L
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
L
On the 6th October we were told the following.

We’re busy planning a Panel From Hell right around the corner that’ll serve as a deep dive into the new content for Patch 6.

Anyhoo, the business of the day: with Patch 6 on the horizon, weighing in at approximately 60GB (so make sure you have plenty of space free!), we want to remind you that any saves made Patch 5 or prior will no longer be compatible when updated.

So, we’re back to branching! (If you want!) There are options for you if you want to continue your Patch 4 or Patch 5 saves, or if you instead want to make sure you’ve got the most up-to-date content. Have a gander below and follow the directions for whichever solution suits you best.

It is now 19 days later and as a Stadia player I cannot use branching to continue with an old Patch nor can I play the latest patch, so I am stuck in limbo (again).

I know as Stadia players we are in a minority but we have paid the same amount as Steam/Gog players so I feel that Larian should treat us with the same respect.

Last edited by logic_wrecked; 25/10/21 06:22 PM. Reason: Typo
enthusiast
enthusiast
Yeah it's time for either patch or a written update again I would say. Also is this to be expected for future patches too because if so I no longer see the point of trying to stay up to date with the game, early acces but some are earlier than others something something....

veteran
veteran
I understand. I'm frustrated also. It's been impossible to avoid spoilers, and I feel like a lot of the magic has been lost already. So many people have played Patch 6, then replayed Patch 6. They've put up online commentary, and here I am, still haven't played it. Still waiting. The whole community is going to move on from this Patch before I even get a chance to experience it. Not a good feeling.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by JandK
I understand. I'm frustrated also. It's been impossible to avoid spoilers, and I feel like a lot of the magic has been lost already. So many people have played Patch 6, then replayed Patch 6. They've put up online commentary, and here I am, still haven't played it. Still waiting. The whole community is going to move on from this Patch before I even get a chance to experience it. Not a good feeling.

I feel the same way. Nowadays spoilers come in so fast that is impossible to avoid them. It really takes away the experience.

M
stranger
stranger
M
It is really outrageous that the 'studio' has not responded all about WHEN. Are they even working on it? It definitely doesn't seem like it. I'm frankly pissed that they even released it on Stadia at this point. False advertising really... maybe, just maybe if I keep posting about it they may respond...

enthusiast
enthusiast
Exactly, even though I understand them wanting to avoid making promises about an exact date for release, I don't see any legitimate reason for keeping us totally in the dark about when to expect the patch or why it is been delayed or what they need to do before being able to release it. I mean they must have internal communications about this anyway so it shouldn't be too hard to make some kind of public communication along the lines of , expect it in the next few days, next week, or we encountered a serious issue causing a lot of additional work meaning we don't foresee to release it in the next two weeks, etc etc etc.
And mind you Larian, this is something else than announcing new content or patch were soon or any of your other vague trademark communications would still be somewhat acceptable as we're all in the same boat. Here we're taking first, about a part of your playerbase for who Larian failed the expectations and promises they set themselves (could have told us in the patch announcement already stadia players would have to wait two more weeks minimally) and second, no commitment or explanation given whatsoever regarding the issue at hand, the reason for not having told us earlier, or the reason for the solution taking so long.
I mean yeah sure, thanks for mentioning us in a post about an update for those playing on PC, I get it you did not completely forgot about stadia, but what did you effectively do then, or when do you plan to do something about it or what is holding you back?
I mean I could be ok with going to a restaurant and getting my food later than the others at my table if the waiter explained to me that the chef did a mistake and is now preparing my dish.
It would definitely not be ok if the waiter came with everyone's food, then after ten minutes nervously comes back to the table saying to the others how great their food is, then mumbling something about your dish being on its way, then going away again to bring back dessert for the others at your table while avoiding to look you in the eyes and when you ask them where the fuck your food is and why the hell it is taking them so long to awkwardly move away while murmuring 'i didn't forget about you, don't worry, soon' and retreat to the kitchen again. Because that's what's fucking happening for stadia players at the moment and it's becoming more problematic by the hour I would say...

Perhaps we could skip patch 6 in its entirety and immediately move to patch 7, perhaps at the same time the others receive patch 8?

Please don't be true and if so at least have the decency to communicate to us as soon as you know.

Because you don't fool me into believing that the people at Larian didn't know in advance that it would take days/weeks extra and not hours to deploy the patch to stadia.

Last edited by SerraSerra; 26/10/21 12:24 PM.
journeyman
journeyman
Come on, guys... I'm also a Stadia plater and I want to play Patch 6 too but you have to understand that game development is hard and made even harder when you have to create for multiple platforms.

Have some patience and give Larian studios a break and some respect! Baldurs Gate 3 is nothing short of miraculous, what they are doing has never been done before, the level of detail and content that is going into this along with actual D&D 5e rules...Accurately reproducing the experience of playing Dungeons and Dragons with such fidelity, is going to take many years. We'll still be playing this in 2030!

veteran
veteran
It should be live on Stadia now.

Originally Posted by Larian on Twitter
Patch 6, complete with hotfixes, is live on Stadia! Thank you for your patience, but now it's time to explore Grymforge, and the new Sorcerer class!

They could also not get EA at all, and just have final release on multiple platforms. People need to chill a bit and not get upset when a product in development is slightly delayed.

journeyman
journeyman
Whoo hoo!

Thanks for letting us know ☺️

Originally Posted by <Redacted>
<Redacted>
They also *chose* to release the latest PC patch before the Stadia one. That's life.

Last edited by Raze; 16/03/22 08:34 AM. Reason: deleted forum account
enthusiast
enthusiast
awesome, now let's all stop the bitching until the next announcement for the announcement of the announcement where they will announce patch 7 ? (except M1 mac users, hold on peeps)

journeyman
journeyman
Sadly unplayable on stadia outside of turn based. Targeting, camera and inventory/equipment bugs.

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard