Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
old hand
old hand
Vendors should have some gold and maybe small items on their person and the rest either in a locked and trapped chest that they are facing. To steal should require a distraction and lockpicking, failing to disarm the trap should draw attention and possibly damage some of the items inside. Also some timing should be necessary to deal with npcs walking by and/or guard patrols. Can't do much about the frequent resetting of wares because we sadly do not have a day/night cycle, perhaps they should not reset at all or use major story triggers to do so. Something like this would not prevent save scumming, but if someone else wants easy mode this does not affect anyone else in a single player game. It would for me at least, make theft feel more worthwhile.

Redwyrm Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Zarna
Can't do much about the frequent resetting of wares because we sadly do not have a day/night cycle, perhaps they should not reset at all or use major story triggers to do so. Something like this would not prevent save scumming, but if someone else wants easy mode this does not affect anyone else in a single player game. It would for me at least, make theft feel more worthwhile.
We have long rest. Which practically progress 1 day forward. And vendors restock should be at least weekly. Though more like monthly. Otherwise game just generating infinite cash.
Though yes, story trigger would suffice. like succeeding on defending Grove.

F
addict
addict
F
Originally Posted by Zarna
Vendors should have some gold and maybe small items on their person and the rest either in a locked and trapped chest that they are facing. To steal should require a distraction and lockpicking, failing to disarm the trap should draw attention and possibly damage some of the items inside. Also some timing should be necessary to deal with npcs walking by and/or guard patrols. Can't do much about the frequent resetting of wares because we sadly do not have a day/night cycle, perhaps they should not reset at all or use major story triggers to do so. Something like this would not prevent save scumming, but if someone else wants easy mode this does not affect anyone else in a single player game. It would for me at least, make theft feel more worthwhile.

+1

Would prefer this, too.

This sounds very, very reasonable. Stealing a few hundred gold from the person (and maybe one or two potions or a dagger), etc...

Very nice.

#JusticeForKarlach

Petition to save Karlach: https://www.change.org/p/justice-for-karlach
enthusiast
enthusiast
Stealing from Vendors is for me the most important part of the Game.
Thereby i have allways a high DEX Character in the Party with the proficient skills to steal and sneak.

Stealing is a timeconsuming act and often makes me savescum too.
I dont like the timeconsuming part, but it is the balance for playing in a cheesy way.

The Point is, i am too often tempted to do it then not.
(So why dont make stealing possible fomr all others very optional and not from Vendors?)

The question is, is stealing realy so important or is it just for us cheesing players?

When in real life woul i steal something. When im on the marketplace or fairy i would go around and steal some purses.
Stealing at a Vendor is a whole other concept and should be handled in another way.
Like a Bank Heist or breaking into the Vendors Storage room.

It Strange enough that we can just lay hands onto everything in the "Bag of Holdings" of all those Vendors in the game atm.
Yes, i do understand its a simplified Vendor Storage that the Vendors are having all items on their body.

But well, what do we want with stealing in thre game then for.
Is is really just for us cheesers, or does it have any other purpose at all.
If yes as like in stealin a key to a door is the only option becasue my party cant go through the door in any other way i do undertand it.

Right now we can steal becasue we can. But its not needed nor is it very important.
It really does not serve any purpose then having only the opportunity to make it possible at all.
Cheesing besides.

Can LARIAN please clarify if the purpose of Stealing items in BG3 is a good asset in the game.
I personnally see stealing as a must have because if its so easy to do and only invest time in it, why not. But its not a fun part of the game because it makes things so much more easy.
Playing without stealing in my eyes is only an option if Stealing has an important purpose.
ATM it has none besides cheesing.

PS:
Most important Part for me and at the same time its less fullfilling, taking fun out of the game and its stealing my time (Savescum). But important and same time not.
Thats why i strongly suggest changeing Stealing at all in BG3 to make it have a real purpose.

Last edited by TheHero; 27/10/21 12:04 PM.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard