Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
M
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
M
I decided to try early access after a while and was really saddened about not being able to shove auntie ether down the pit in her lair. It was so flavorfull, very in spirit of tabletop roleplaying and was honestly my favorite part of act 1.

Not being able to do that feels like I'm punished for sneaking around her guards cause she summons them to the fight. Just a part of player expression and freedom taken away for no good reason, just learning that it was removed made me not want to continue playing.

PLS GIVE IT BACK, I usually wouldn't make feedback posts but this upsets me very much.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Why stop playing a Game just because you can't cheese a fight like that anymore? think Must be a Generational Thing. If it was me i would delete Shove from the Game and just let Push Spells/Skills have it. wave

Last edited by JDCrenton; 26/10/21 08:41 PM.
M
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
M
It's not cheese, when the bad guy is standing near a safety hazard it's the logical thing to use that to defeat them, at least that's how it works on tabletop. Pushing villains into a pit/volcano/off a cliff is a staple of stories.

I just hate restricting options when they're already incredibly restricted because it's of a video game format.

Last edited by MenacingMenace; 26/10/21 09:03 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by MenacingMenace
It's not cheese, when the bad guy is standing near a safety hazard it's the logical thing to use that to defeat them, at least that's how it works on tabletop. Pushing villains into a pit/volcano/off a cliff is a staple of stories.

I just hate restricting options when they're already incredibly restricted because it's of a video game format.

But it is indeed a VideoGame with Fixed Values, Mechanics, Tweaked Randomizers and it affects Balance. This is not Table Top where you can make stuff up as you go like throwing a Banana and rolling for that Lvl 99 Evil ArchMage to slip all the way to his Death. think

But a Hard Dialogue Check that ends up with the NPC's Instant Demise? I guess that could be affordable. Should give you your whole "This is Sparta" Special Cutscene and the like. But the whole Shoving Mechanic Concept is already broken as it is just like Frog Backstabbing was. I mean, it's not like they are taking away Exploding Barrels and Throwable Spam?

Last edited by JDCrenton; 26/10/21 09:20 PM.
veteran
veteran
Push and Arrows of Roaring Thunder still need nerfing (I would welcome removal of AoRT entirely).

It makes little sense to be able to push an enemy of that size. Also sneaking to the enemy should be that easy as it is - DnD doesn't have binary vision cone, and IMO there should be stealth checks once we get close to the enemy (hearing range circle). I am pretty sure there are still ways of pushing heavy enemies, so you still should be able to cheese this encounters if you wish to do so.

Last edited by Wormerine; 26/10/21 09:30 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Wormerine
Push and Arrows of Roaring Thunder still need nerfing (I would welcome removal of AoRT entirely).

It makes little sense to be able to push an enemy of that size. Also sneaking to the enemy should be that easy as it is - DnD doesn't have binary vision cone, and IMO there should be stealth checks once we get close to the enemy (hearing range circle). I am pretty sure there are still ways of pushing heavy enemies, so you still should be able to cheese this encounters if you wish to do so.

The only Feasible Nerf to Push you could get from these Guys is letting all Fall Damage become 1 since you could still die from not casting Feather Fall on stuff like jumping into Underdark Pit because of Roleplaying/Cutscene Purposes. And i say this because Enemies also use Shove. My solution would be to just delete it entirely as well as the Broken Throwables.

I mean:

Last edited by JDCrenton; 26/10/21 10:07 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Why oh why would you push Ethel and miss out on that sweet “Speak to the Dead” cast on her post battle?

I loved when she called me “gobshite” 😝. Reminded me of my auld ma.

Last edited by timebean; 26/10/21 10:05 PM.
M
apprentice
apprentice
M
+1 stat or push someone into a chasm.... hard choice.

Take Care, Have Fun and Bee Well!
G
stranger
stranger
G
It doesn't have to be an easy skill check to accomplish. However, pushing that poor old woman to her doom is thematically close to the fate of hags living in forests in common fairy tales. Hansel and Gretel being the obvious comparison. It's like the situation with Dror Ragzlin at the Goblin Camp when he sits below that giant statue. I should at least have an skill check option to push that statue over. Maybe it does not kill him and just injures him giving me a benefit in combat, but failure in the skill check alerts him and others to what I am doing.

L
journeyman
journeyman
L
How about...

1) Player push, wins roll
2) Hag falls
3) Hag casts featherfall as Reaction
4) Hag casts teleport or fly as Action
5) Result : Hag lost 2 spell slots and one turn

This would fix 2 problems:
- Merely prohibiting push seems against the philosophy of BG3 gameplay (one should be encouraged and rewarded for smart moves)
- But insta-killing is also a cheesy way indeed, so instead of insta kill, make the hag waste a turn and a cast slot.

Last edited by Lumign; 29/10/21 10:15 AM.
G
stranger
stranger
G
I would be happy with either option. Insta-kill might be a bit much, but I agree players should be at least rewarded for smart decisions that lead successful subsequent skill checks. That is the core idea behind RPG games rather than just running and gunning everything that moves in more action-orientated games.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by JDCrenton
If it was me i would delete Shove from the Game and just let Push Spells/Skills have it. wave
Why deleting things people like to use, just because you dont, instead simply dont use them youreself and keep others to do whatever their please in their own games that dont affect yours in any way? think Must be a Generational Thing.

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 29/10/21 01:27 PM.

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown

Link Copied to Clipboard