Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#797363 28/10/21 09:45 PM
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Just received my copy of Minsc and Boo's journal of villainy and while I haven't read much so far , I stumbled upon some possibly juicy info concerning BG3 smile

Read at your peril!

It seems Edwin Odeisseron is alive and kicking. He has apparently taken over Ramazith's tower and is posing as Lorroakan (who he killed).

old hand
old hand
I believe many people suspect one of our dear comrades as being him too.

Optimistically Apocalyptic
enthusiast
enthusiast
We know Lorroakan is hiring adventurers to seek the Nightsong for him. pretty sure it's also him for asking Zhentarim to bring him the magic iron flask. But for what purposes could those be?

old hand
old hand
Well maybe he's hungry

D
journeyman
journeyman
D
doesn't appear to be canon. no wotc logo. contradicts established canon (imoen being alive, when it was the last 2 bhaalspawn being killed that released bhaal back into the world in Murder in Baldur's Gate).

enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Might be canon, might not be...but it has some REALLY cool info, stats and very nice artwork from the characters, cities and organizations of the Baldur's Gate saga and even more info on major villains, their henchmen and general monsters, all of whom are updated to 5E. I am as big a Baldur's Gate fan as you can get and the book definetly didn't disapoint.

veteran
veteran
Shouldnt EO be long dead by now?

addict
addict
Life extension magic. Kinda common for high level mages.

D&D books generally found in the Dungeon Masters Guild website are not canon. The reason why is because the information about Minsc and Boo contradicts what the comic book series set prior to Baldur's Gate 3 have about him. And then there is Xzar, who in the Heroes of Baldur's Gate tabletop adventure (which can also be found in the Dungeon Masters Guild website) is revealed to be a Bhaalspawn, but Minsc and Boo's Journal of Villainy makes no mention of Xzar being a Bhaalspawn, meaning it is not canon.

Last edited by BladeDancer; 03/11/21 07:07 PM.
D
journeyman
journeyman
D
Originally Posted by BladeDancer
D&D books generally found in the Dungeon Masters Guild website are not canon. The reason why is because the information about Minsc and Boo contradicts what the comic book series set prior to Baldur's Gate 3 have about him. And then there is Xzar, who in the Heroes of Baldur's Gate tabletop adventure (which can also be found in the Dungeon Masters Guild website) is revealed to be a Bhaalspawn, but Minsc and Boo's Journal of Villainy makes no mention of Xzar being a Bhaalspawn, meaning it is not canon.

Yup, it also says imeon is still alive, which contradicts stuff from Murder in Baldur's Gate, a pretty major plot point (conditions for bhaal's return).

Keep in mind the Heroes of Baldur's Gate adventure is by the same author and not published by wotc either, and def not canon.

old hand
old hand
Oh, so it's just fan fiction. That's a bummer.

enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Not to mention that, in the Journal of villainy, Irenicus and Bodhi are alive... kind of hard to believe Irenicus got out of that one smile

Last edited by Gt27mustang; 04/11/21 07:05 PM.

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard