Page 1 of 2 1 2
#797717 30/10/21 07:30 PM
M
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
M
Stadia controller and Chromecast Ultra
1. Aiming during combat. Especially when multiple elevations are involved. The reticle seems to drop through surfaces.
2. Interacting/aiming outside of combat. Many items are completely impossible to interact with outside of turn based mode. This is a much bigger deal when you consider the likelihood of walking right past objects never realizing you can interact with them.
3. Confirming options when leveling up. Trying to do so also confirms the level up. If, for instance, you want to change both selected cantrips and spells... Too bad, you're out of luck, you can only change one or the other.
4. Jumpy cursor. It's massively improved, especially moving left. But you'll still end up at the far end of a list moving right.
5. Equipping items. You can't from the equipment menu. You have to go to your inventory. Which leads to having to equip in certain orders for off hand/main hand.
Edit:
6. NPC Combat The issue with NPC's sometimes not doing anything during their turn has not been fixed.
Edit 2:
7. Trading Trading on controller is broken, you have to use bartering. Don't forget to cancel the attack command after holding A to confirm. I'm guessing this is probably related to issue 3.

Last edited by Mindgame26; 01/11/21 12:05 PM. Reason: Additional information
journeyman
journeyman
I've experienced all of these, currently patch 6 on stadia is so bugged, it's pretty much unplayable.

I think they knew these problems existed and decided to launch anyway cause it's gonna take ages to fix them and would have delayed patch 6 on stadia by months.

What they should have done is communicated the issues and explained that patch 6 would not appear on stadia until these game breaking bugs had been resolved.

Pushing out now means the entire game is unplayable.

Poor decision making and dreadful communication strategy.

Last edited by EquinoxAlpha; 30/10/21 08:30 PM.
M
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
M
Don't know about months, and I'm still playing... But yeah, I'm disappointed with the communication this time. I'd rather have a month wait communicated to me for a good release than a 2 week silent treatment followed by a buggy, difficult to play surprise release.
And... No. An explanation of behind the scenes stuff we already understand followed by "we don't want to guess" most certainly does NOT count as communication.

journeyman
journeyman
Communications is my job, so it's easy for me to see the flaws, my recommendations to Larian is to employ a decent communications lead to form overall coms strategy.

Engaging directly with the community and making them feel genuinely part of the process of creating BG3 is the way forward.

Last edited by EquinoxAlpha; 30/10/21 09:12 PM.
M
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
M
6. NPC Combat The issue with NPC's sometimes not doing anything during their turn has not been fixed on Stadia

O
stranger
stranger
O
Originally Posted by Mindgame26
3. Confirming options when leveling up. Trying to do so also confirms the level up. If, for instance, you want to change both selected cantrips and spells... Too bad, you're out of luck, you can only change one or the other.

That one also happens at character creation when choosing cantrips with my Stadia controller on the Stadia app on my Galaxy S10

journeyman
journeyman
I have also experienced every one of these bugs playing on stadia with the controller. I don't find them to be game-breaking but they certainly are annoying.

Shaolin Stoner
journeyman
journeyman
My apologies, just double posted for some reason. I couldn't find an option to delete. I'm so sorry.

Shaolin Stoner
veteran
veteran
Fixed smile

F
stranger
stranger
F
1 and 6 isn’t just a stadia issue. Definitely happens with steam and im assuming with gog as well.

M
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
M
Originally Posted by Fallen JeStEr
1 and 6 isn’t just a stadia issue. Definitely happens with steam and im assuming with gog as well.
Not sure about 1, but 6 was supposedly fixed by the last hotfix. Just sort of assumed they maybe missed it on Stadia. And just to be clear, number 1 isn't talking about an occasional glitch... But every single time the cursor is moved to a different elevation.

C
stranger
stranger
C
1-6 +

Barter is completely broken on controllers, I can sell one item at a time, as long as I remember to say no to attacking...

journeyman
journeyman
When you can't move your ranged character to higher ground in a fight because the camera shoots through the floor, I'd call that game-breaking.

When you walk straight past an important item or can't interact with a character or use inventory items between characters in a fight, I'd call that game-breaking.

M
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
M
Meh... Certainly game royalpaininthebuttifying, but I'm still playing. Game breaking means it's can't be played. This "just" requires an amazing amount of persistence which, to be fair, no gamer who paid for something should ever have to display.

M
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
M
7. Trading Trading on controller is broken, you have to use bartering. Don't forget to cancel the attack command after holding A to confirm. I'm guessing this is probably related to issue 3.

M
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
M
Originally Posted by CalculonChaney
1-6 +

Barter is completely broken on controllers, I can sell one item at a time, as long as I remember to say no to attacking...

That's weird, I can barter as many items as I like. Trading is completely off the rails.

journeyman
journeyman
That's your definition of game-breaking, mine on the other hand is bugs that prevent the game from doing the things it was supposed to... like moving to elevated areas or interacting with important story items.

We've encountered all of the above plus the addition of the following:

In co-op game, Stadia, using controllers (one on PC, on on Chromcast). During combat, both main characters end combat down. After enemies were killed, one of the recruits entered turn based mode in an attempt to "Help" the down main characters that were pushed off screen. At this point both of us were unable to exit turn based mode after movement to limit.

It's pretty rough playing...ugh

C
stranger
stranger
C
Originally Posted by Mindgame26
Originally Posted by CalculonChaney
1-6 +

That's weird, I can barter as many items as I like. Trading is completely off the rails.

Yeah turns out it was a bit of a fluke, I reloaded and it fixed, the cancel attack each time is still there though.

journeyman
journeyman
Random bugs still appear, one time I loaded a game and all the graphics were messed up with lots of polygons surfaces flashing white and black randomly all across the map. A reload fixed that too.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard