Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#798081 01/11/21 05:41 PM
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
So currently unable to play since patch six given the stadia bugs, so I've sat around thinking about how I would like to play the next run-through.

I've come to the conclusion that perhaps Larian didn't take into account what would happen if you decided to just kill everyone and everything, your companions included (though those will have to die at the end...kind of need them for this)

I wondered if it had occurred to anyone else, or if anyone else had tried to do this, what was the outcome?

[Linked Image from media.makeameme.org]

veteran
veteran
I tryed this ...
Didnt get to end, since it was not as fun as i expected ...

But as far as i get, the result was exactly what you would expect ... empty map, with lot of corpses and lot of unsellable equipment. laugh

If my comments bother you, there is nothing easier than telling me to stop.
I mean ... I won't ... but it's easy to say. wink
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
I tryed this ...
Didnt get to end, since it was not as fun as i expected ...

But as far as i get, the result was exactly what you would expect ... empty map, with lot of corpses and lot of unsellable equipment. laugh

hahaha but the pile of TREASURY!! smile

apprentice
apprentice
I did this as a Drow colossus slayer ranger but went through some of the storyline first. I was actually just playing the evil path at first and already wiped out the druid grove before heading to the goblin camp. There are other vendors later on, so you'll have to sell then kill them unless you're talking about just straight up kill-on-sighting the entire game, in which I have no experience with and wouldn't recommend. I think you can leave the ones in the grove alone and kill the leader first, then loot the map, then sell to them and get your items right, then wipe the rest of the grove and take your loot back. The goblin camp has several vendors and so does the Underdark.

Soloing is already hard enough, especially the boss fights and areas with a ton of mobs like the Goblin Camp. I would definitely use the LvlUp mod and any other mods to help you make the game a little more bearable. I believe I was using that and was level 5 or 6 when I could actually kill everyone in the grove by myself.

I'm currently downloading some mods and will be doing a solo Drow run. I'm not sure on the class yet, though. Either Hexblade (the mod works on patch 6 now) or draconic bloodline sorcerer, although ranger was very fun and powerful enough to do it before.

veteran
veteran
Well ... you could sell everything to Vendors "before you kill them" but what is the point, since you will kill them afterwards anyway ... so gold is kinda useless for you ... also you would not "kill on sight" then right?

I mean there indeed is vendor you litteraly cant kill, its talkative skeleton ... but his selection is quite limited. laugh

If my comments bother you, there is nothing easier than telling me to stop.
I mean ... I won't ... but it's easy to say. wink
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
I wish there were ways to say, add poison to food and kill a bunch of the grove at the party, once you've wiped out the goblin camp, or in general, as this type of action isn't currently in the game.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by EquinoxAlpha
I wish there were ways to say, add poison to food and kill a bunch of the grove at the party, once you've wiped out the goblin camp, or in general, as this type of action isn't currently in the game.

This type of action is in the game.

In the goblin camp, if you can fin a way to poison the tub of booze without getting caught, it will trigger a special sequence. Now that I type this, I remember that an elderly tiefling makes stew in a large cauldron in the druid grove. Though I've never tried it, I suppose that could be poisoned as well.

Larian, please make accessibility a priority for upcoming patches.
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
if it is, I've not noticed it.

addict
addict
I wouldn't have known to try either had I not seen Swen do it during some stream. It makes a lot more sense for poison to be used this way than to be thrown at someone's feet. I guess everyone in BG3 has porous toes.

Last edited by Flooter; 03/11/21 12:21 PM.

Larian, please make accessibility a priority for upcoming patches.
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Flooter
I wouldn't have known to try either had I not seen Swen do it during some stream. It makes a lot more sense for poison to be used this way than to be thrown a someone's feet. I guess everyone in BG3 has porous toes.

Have you ever noticed how your body absorbs liquids? We all do have porous toes.

This will be a fun thing to try, at some point though. Even if it's not a playthrough to take out of Act 1.

journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Originally Posted by robertthebard
Originally Posted by Flooter
I wouldn't have known to try either had I not seen Swen do it during some stream. It makes a lot more sense for poison to be used this way than to be thrown a someone's feet. I guess everyone in BG3 has porous toes.

Have you ever noticed how your body absorbs liquids? We all do have porous toes.

This will be a fun thing to try, at some point though. Even if it's not a playthrough to take out of Act 1.

I'm now franticly thinking of some way to include the term 'Porous Toe' into my next campaign! smile

Last edited by EquinoxAlpha; 03/11/21 11:55 AM.
Originally Posted by rdb100
I did this as a Drow colossus slayer ranger but went through some of the storyline first. I was actually just playing the evil path at first and already wiped out the druid grove before heading to the goblin camp. There are other vendors later on, so you'll have to sell then kill them unless you're talking about just straight up kill-on-sighting the entire game, in which I have no experience with and wouldn't recommend. I think you can leave the ones in the grove alone and kill the leader first, then loot the map, then sell to them and get your items right, then wipe the rest of the grove and take your loot back. The goblin camp has several vendors and so does the Underdark.

Soloing is already hard enough, especially the boss fights and areas with a ton of mobs like the Goblin Camp. I would definitely use the LvlUp mod and any other mods to help you make the game a little more bearable. I believe I was using that and was level 5 or 6 when I could actually kill everyone in the grove by myself.

I'm currently downloading some mods and will be doing a solo Drow run. I'm not sure on the class yet, though. Either Hexblade (the mod works on patch 6 now) or draconic bloodline sorcerer, although ranger was very fun and powerful enough to do it before.

In the old rules you would loose your "ranger" abilities and become a "Fallen Ranger" if you did something construed as "evil". Not sure if 5e enforces that, but as Rangers always used to be good aligned, and they got powers from deities.... committing evil acts would cause those loss in abilities.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Aazo
In the old rules you would loose your "ranger" abilities and become a "Fallen Ranger" if you did something construed as "evil". Not sure if 5e enforces that, but as Rangers always used to be good aligned, and they got powers from deities.... committing evil acts would cause those loss in abilities.
5e has basically done away with all alignment-related restrictions. I suppose Paladins can still technically become "Fallen," but that's due to breaking their oath as opposed to acting as a different alignment. Rangers have absolutely nothing restricting them; I don't think they even necessarily get their spells from a diety, and I certainly haven't seen anything about them losing their powers.

apprentice
apprentice
I didn't trigger anything in my playthrough. Fallen rangers make no sense, anyway. I mean besides straying from their ties with nature, I don't see why they could ever be considered fallen like paladins do. It'd be more like druids straying from neutral in my opinion.

Rangers have stuff like "urban tracker" where you're not even some nature lover like other ones are. You're more of a hunter than anything, anyway, and that does away with really any ties with nature.

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard