Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
First off was I supposed to kill Mintara<Minthara> in the Goblin camp?<G> I killed Gut, Dror Ragzlin, when I came across them, and then when I came across Mintara they attacked my group before any conversation was exchanged. So all 3 are lying dead in various areas of the camp. Dead and stripped of their gear.

Is "Loviator's love permanent or temporary or does anyone know?

Another thing is the fact that is it me or does it now not only take longer to load the game but to save it as well? it just makes no sense how a game that is 20 plus years old can load so much quicker than a game that's only been aro
und for a year.

Also, the quick bars at the bottom right side of the screen, for your potions, spells. etc why did they change it? I used to be able to re-arrange them for all 4 of my toons and now the Player Characters that I created I can't organize hers as I want but I can organize the other 3. I've tried everything and nothing seems to work to allow me to re-arrange it.

Also in the Character creation screen before we start in the game itself. They have listed their Shadowheart, Wyll, Atarion, etc and I was curious if when this was implemented was this so that we could play them as our main Character Or o that we can adjust their stats for which they have them predetermined in-game. I.E. their strength, wisdom, etc? Or has Larian said yet how they plan to implement this? I wouldn't want to play one of them as the Main PC, to be honest with you.

Last edited by DragonMaster69; 02/11/21 02:30 AM.
journeyman
journeyman
“ Also in the Character creation screen before we start in the game itself. They have listed their Shadowheart, Wyll, Atarion, etc and I was curious if when this was implemented was this so that we could play them as our main Character Or o that we can adjust their stats for which they have them predetermined in-game. I.E. their strength, wisdom, etc? Or has Larian said yet how they plan to implement this? I wouldn't want to play one of them as the Main PC, to be honest with you.”

When the game is fully released, you will be able to play as one of them as your main character instead of making your own. Larian did the same thing in D:OS2.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by DragonMaster69
First off was I supposed to kill Mintara<Minthara> in the Goblin camp?
Yes.

enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Originally Posted by smberg
“ Also in the Character creation screen before we start in the game itself. They have listed their Shadowheart, Wyll, Atarion, etc and I was curious if when this was implemented was this so that we could play them as our main Character Or o that we can adjust their stats for which they have them predetermined in-game. I.E. their strength, wisdom, etc? Or has Larian said yet how they plan to implement this? I wouldn't want to play one of them as the Main PC, to be honest with you.”

When the game is fully released, you will be able to play as one of them as your main character instead of making your own. Larian did the same thing in D:OS2.

Now this I won't be interested in I'll have to admit

enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Icelyn
Yes.

Ok because I seen something about romancing her and don't see that being possible now that she's dead.

veteran
veteran
Yes.

Ok because I seen something about romancing her and don't see that being possible now that she's dead.
😂

She is one of the goblin leaders you kill on the good path, and on the evil path you can romance her.

Dez Offline
addict
addict
Yes.

There are almost always multiple ways to go about in this game. :] You can kill her - but there are alternative ways to move forward if you don't want to (which makes her romance available). However, if you have raised the alarm at the goblin camp (by killing off other goblins and letting one of them sound the war drums), then the entire camp turns hostile.

Hoot hoot, stranger! Fairly new to CRPGs, but I tried my best to provide some feedback regardless! <3 Read it here: My Open Letter to Larian
addict
addict
Yes.

The only way she available as a romance is if you help her fight the Tieflings, basically betray the Druid Grove.

enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Dez
Yes.

There are almost always multiple ways to go about in this game. :] You can kill her - but there are alternative ways to move forward if you don't want to (which makes her romance available). However, if you have raised the alarm at the goblin camp (by killing off other goblins and letting one of them sound the war drums), then the entire camp turns hostile.

Understandable there which I found out that I must be doing the good path then. As for any alarms being raised, I don't' think that any of them were able to do that because as I came across the drums I destroyed them. But now come out of the area I see the exterior of the camp is no hostile. Next time through I Might have to try the other way.

Thanks for you input on this ladies

veteran
veteran
when I came across Mintara they attacked my group before any conversation was exchanged.
That is bcs when you kill Ragzlin, every goblin in the location will turn hostile ... nobody as far as i know so far managed to determine why, or how ... but they do.
So if you wish to speak with her, before you cut her throat ... you need to slay Ragzlin last. wink

does it now not only take longer to load the game but to save it as well?
That is bcs game is saving state of whole world ... simmilar to why there are so long loadings, bcs this game is created as multiplayer engine where only one PC can exists (in simple words: Multi- and Single- player are exactly the same) ... and since multiple players IS able to go throu different ways, the game need to keep eye about everything at once.

it just makes no sense how a game that is 20 plus years old can load so much quicker than a game that's only been around for a year.
That will never make sence, since that is litteraly no connection between those systems in any way. laugh

Also, the quick bars at the bottom right side of the screen, for your potions, spells. etc why did they change it? I used to be able to re-arrange them for all 4 of my toons and now the Player Characters that I created I can't organize hers as I want but I can organize the other 3. I've tried everything and nothing seems to work to allow me to re-arrange it.
This sounds like bug to me ...
I mean there was some changes, most probably bcs of they needed to fit metamagic somewhere and for some unknown reason didnt find any of those deadspaces as better ... but you still should be able to re-arrange everying in you bar however you like it ... its smaller now tho. :-/

Also in the Character creation screen before we start in the game itself. They have listed their Shadowheart, Wyll, Atarion, etc and I was curious if when this was implemented was this so that we could play them as our main Character Or o that we can adjust their stats for which they have them predetermined in-game. I.E. their strength, wisdom, etc? Or has Larian said yet how they plan to implement this? I wouldn't want to play one of them as the Main PC, to be honest with you.
Yes, we will be able to play as them ... that was confrimed long time before EA even started.
Personaly i really doubt that we would be able to ajust their visual or statistic here and them go to create Tav ... this is create your character sceen after all, not adjust all your companions screen. wink

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
RagnarokCzd

Thank you for taking the time to post the reply to me as it did clear up some things. And hopefully, they will be able to fix the load and save time because they are way too long. Now as for Not being able to move things around on the quick bar for my main PC it could very well be a bug and hopefully, they get that there fixed because I like being able to set that up to the way I play through the game.

Now another question if you know the answer to it is the quest for the "Nightsong" one of those that hasn't been completed as of yet? Or do you know? As I followed it as far as I could finding the key and book on the skeleton and opening up the gate you have to raise and after careful searching found No "Nightsong at all"

veteran
veteran
As far as i know, the location where it will be finished isnt part of EA yet.

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
old hand
old hand

Is it possible you've accidentally locked the quick bar? There's a small lock button/checkmarker on the right side of it, iirc.

Optimistically Apocalyptic
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Dexai

Is it possible you've accidentally locked the quick bar? There's a small lock button/checkmarker on the right side of it, iirc.

that is exactly what I had done. I didn't even realize that you could lock that bar. But now that I know that is a good thing to know because I can lock it so that it doesn't get messed up. Thanks again

enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
As far as i know, the location where it will be finished isnt part of EA yet.

Got to love it when you're following a quest and you get to what you believe it is the end only to find out it's not finished yet. So your left scratching your head. Thanks for the heads-up thought I missed something on that quest. Well not to go after Auntie Ethel

veteran
veteran
Yes, like in D:OS2 companions can be picked as "Origins" - you will play as them. Also your coop buddies can jump in the game and take them over. This feature is not in as of yet in Early Access, but Sven played as Astarion in his very first BG3 gameplay reveal.

enthusiast
enthusiast
RagnarokCzd

Thank you for taking the time to post the reply to me as it did clear up some things. And hopefully, they will be able to fix the load and save time because they are way too long. Now as for Not being able to move things around on the quick bar for my main PC it could very well be a bug and hopefully, they get that there fixed because I like being able to set that up to the way I play through the game.

Now another question if you know the answer to it is the quest for the "Nightsong" one of those that hasn't been completed as of yet? Or do you know? As I followed it as far as I could finding the key and book on the skeleton and opening up the gate you have to raise and after careful searching found No "Nightsong at all"
pretty sure the ancient temple which you can't reach but can glance above is where you gonna find the Nightsong.

you actually have seen her when you arrive at the grymforge.

addict
addict
As for any alarms being raised, I don't' think that any of them were able to do that because as I came across the drums I destroyed them.
I can't confirm that it hasn't been changed in a patch, but it used to be that even if you broke the drums, a goblin would still go pound the empty air and set off an alarm. Most of these fights have a "squirter" that goes for the drum and must be stopped.

old hand
old hand
A "squirter"?

Optimistically Apocalyptic
addict
addict
Originally Posted by Dexai
A "squirter"?

LoL 😂

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard