Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
addict
OP Offline
addict
In one of my playthroughs I used the spell "animal friendship" on Scratch to convince him to release the ball he found while in camp. Afterwards, he had a purple aura surrounding him and it said that he was charmed. When Scratch got close to a companion, everyone went into fight mode and killed the dog. I found that weird, why would "animal friendship" make your companions think he's an enemy or any animal that you may use it on?

addict
addict
hmm, that's weird. Could it be a clash between programming routines? Like your companions, when being npc's see him as a friend and try to break the charm spell by attacking him? Like goblins do to each other to break sleep etc.

addict
OP Offline
addict
Originally Posted by PrivateRaccoon
hmm, that's weird. Could it be a clash between programming routines? Like your companions, when being npc's see him as a friend and try to break the charm spell by attacking him? Like goblins do to each other to break sleep etc.

Huh, I didn't realize that goblins did that with sleeping spells. I wonder if these occurrences is a glitch.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Lady Avyna
Originally Posted by PrivateRaccoon

Huh, I didn't realize that goblins did that with sleeping spells. I wonder if these occurrences is a glitch.

I've only seen it in the first fight in front of the grove where one used shove on another. Don't remember if it was a sleep spell per se but they still used their bonus action to break cc.
Still, that was during combat which is turn based, so to be honest...I have no clue really :P

Last edited by PrivateRaccoon; 02/11/21 01:49 PM.

Link Copied to Clipboard