Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#799657 10/11/21 01:04 AM
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
It seems with my latest run that my party does not seem to stay grouped. Its like the AI for the followers turns off leaving me to move myself and then the rest of the group. Is there anyway to fix this.

Note things do start working again after going to camp, but break at the next interaction.

Agile Dog #799668 10/11/21 02:28 AM
veteran
veteran
I've not encountered that specifically, unless I travel somewhere with a character that others can't follow (such as sneaking into the kid's area with a halfling character). Can't offer any advice sorry.

But, since that's a new one to me, if you can spare the time, I'd recommend submitting your save file with a description of what's happening and how to replicate the issue, to Larian's bug form directly (https://larian.com/support/baldur-s-gate-3#modal)

Niara #799669 10/11/21 03:09 AM
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I understand that happens hen hiding, but it seem perhaps hiding is stuck on, though I am not hiding. In the original BG1 and 3 and NWN 1 and 2 there was an AI follow feature that controlled group movement that one could toggle on and off. I cannot seem to find that feature here to see if I accidently toggled it off

Play is like turn based mode though there is no movement limit as you are not in combat or turn base mode.

It even happens starting a new game,,,,

Not sure where my save games are located

Agile Dog #799670 10/11/21 03:25 AM
veteran
veteran
You can find your save games, usually, in Documents -> Larian Studios -> Baldur's Gate 3 -> PlayerProfiles -> (Your profile name) -> Savegames -> Story

It's true that companions in different hide states will not follow, even when chained, so if that's gotten stuck somehow, that is certainly one possibility for what you're experiencing. That it continues into new games is strange though, I'm not sure what to suggest.

Niara #799675 10/11/21 05:24 AM
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I figured it out. if you left click on a portrait you can "ungroup" from the party. must have clicked on that...Interesting though that it stays set for different games

Agile Dog #799710 10/11/21 12:07 PM
addict
addict
This happens to me with some regularity. Though the group is bound and no one is hiding, someone will stop following the leader. I thought this was a known issue. I'll try to recreate it and submit the bug.

Larian, please make accessibility a priority for upcoming patches.
Agile Dog #799724 10/11/21 01:44 PM
old hand
old hand
I've had thst happen once, near the Owlbear cave. Went in and approached the old shrine. Did the puzzle and was surprised that Shadowheart did not object like she's supposed to. Clicked her portrait and the camera jumps to her still standing outside the cave.

Optimistically Apocalyptic

Link Copied to Clipboard