Larian Banner
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Oct 2015
M
magmar Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
M
Joined: Oct 2015
One of the most annoying parts of the game is inventory management!!
suggestions!!
1) Add a button on corpses and containers "Mark as Wares and send to camp"
2) Place a Spit over the campfire and add a pile of sacks next to the campfire - ANY camp supplies sent to camp will go into these sacks not the general storage box
3) An NPC in camp that will travel to town for you and sell all your wares (for a 25% fee of course!) - or you can spend the time and do it yourself at no charge -
4) The game should recognize food you store in containers in your inventory - right now it doesnt
5) A new gold sink called UPKEEP (this will slowly drain your gold supply) - any NPCs will require upkeep - maintaining a camp - A cook npc in camp etc etc - an armorer - etc basically enhance the base camp - NPC will leave when no gold
6) Cook NPC automatically will cook recipes from the various food you store providing camp supplies that also give temporary boons when you leave camp (like 5% damage buff etc)

Joined: Oct 2021
member
Offline
member
Joined: Oct 2021
I don't like suggestion 5.
Most of the NPCs that join the camp do it because they were saved by the party and have some goal that requires their help.
Also, the game doesn't seem to give much gold as it is, even in difficult chests.

Last edited by EliasIncarnation; 18/11/21 08:36 PM.
Joined: Oct 2020
Location: Liberec
veteran
Offline
veteran
Joined: Oct 2020
Location: Liberec
+1 For no. 4 ... everything else sound horrible


In the words of the senior NCO instructor at cadet battalion:
“If you ain’t cheating you ain’t trying. And if you got caught you didn’t try hard enough!”
Joined: Oct 2021
member
Offline
member
Joined: Oct 2021
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
+1 For no. 4 ... everything else sound horrible

I actually like 1-4 and 6.

There should be separate containers at camp for organization.
Wares, Food/Supplies, Quest Items, Crafting Items, Equipment, Texts, Misc., etc.
Tabs like the inventory has might work as well, however.

Having a character to sell things would be convenient.
Though 25% is too much, and 10% might be better.

Having characters to automate cooking and other crafting in bulk would be good.

Last edited by EliasIncarnation; 18/11/21 11:05 PM.
Joined: Oct 2020
Location: Liberec
veteran
Offline
veteran
Joined: Oct 2020
Location: Liberec
You seem to be forgetting that we are just bunch of people who were kidnapped and now woke up in wilderness ...
Where would you like to get amy cook or seller?

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 19/11/21 06:36 AM.

In the words of the senior NCO instructor at cadet battalion:
“If you ain’t cheating you ain’t trying. And if you got caught you didn’t try hard enough!”
Joined: Apr 2021
member
Offline
member
Joined: Apr 2021
Definitely like the idea of splitting food from your general equipment, and also have the food available in camp as recognizable when resting.
Inventory management in BG3 is just plain BAD.

Joined: Oct 2021
member
Offline
member
Joined: Oct 2021
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
You seem to be forgetting that we are just bunch of people who were kidnapped and now woke up in wilderness ...
Where would you like to get amy cook or seller?

We already have a dog, an owlbear, a druid, a scholar, and an alchemist.
Who is to say that the party can't rescue a cook and a merchant?

Last edited by EliasIncarnation; 19/11/21 08:49 AM.
Joined: Oct 2020
Location: Liberec
veteran
Offline
veteran
Joined: Oct 2020
Location: Liberec
Ok that is a good point ...
Even tho i cant imagine where would be that merchant selling (grove?) and more importantly why would he come back to us. O_o


In the words of the senior NCO instructor at cadet battalion:
“If you ain’t cheating you ain’t trying. And if you got caught you didn’t try hard enough!”
Joined: Oct 2021
member
Offline
member
Joined: Oct 2021
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
Ok that is a good point ...
Even tho i cant imagine where would be that merchant selling (grove?) and more importantly why would he come back to us. O_o

They probably wouldn't be in the areas that we've got so far, and I'm sure there are various ways that they could get a cook and merchant to want to follow the party.

Last edited by EliasIncarnation; 19/11/21 10:22 AM.
Joined: Feb 2020
Location: Belgium
veteran
Offline
veteran
Joined: Feb 2020
Location: Belgium
I'd hate to have a merchant in the camp.

Town, villages or Inn as "hub" in which you have to travel to make a "break" in your adventure is something I really like in games.

In BG3 the "send to camp" button, the "trade with everyone" thing, the lack of items to buy at merchants, the abundance of potions and other consumables, the lack of danger when you're sleeping in the wild (and so on) already remove a big appeal to going back at the grove/the goblin camp. So are your suggestions.

I want merchants in "safe area" to be more than gears sellers and trash items buyers. Trading should be appealing all along the game.
Teleport to your camp to clear your inventory is not.

Last edited by Maximuuus; 19/11/21 11:10 AM.
Joined: Oct 2021
member
Offline
member
Joined: Oct 2021
Originally Posted by Maximuuus
I'd hate to have a merchant in the camp.

Town, villages or Inn as "hub" in which you have to travel to make a "break" in your adventure is something I really like in games.

In BG3 the "send to camp" button, the "trade with everyone" thing, the lack of items to buy at merchants, the abundance of potions and other consumables, the lack of danger when you're sleeping in the wild (and so on) already remove a big appeal to going back at the grove/the goblin camp. So are your suggestions.

I want merchants in "safe area" to be more than gears sellers and trash items buyers. Trading should be appealing all along the game.
Teleport to your camp to clear your inventory is not.

I like the idea of going back to places to sell items, and I do think that the game is lacking a lot of realism, balancing and reward, but I would like to also have options for convenience, and if this game is going to be like the Original Sin games (which it has been so far) rather than something less static, I really do not want to have to keep traveling back to large, dull areas just to sell items.

Joined: Oct 2015
M
magmar Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
M
Joined: Oct 2015
I do agree actually now that I see the feedback - but hopefully Larian will introduce the quality of Life fixes I mentioned in the other suggestions

Joined: Oct 2015
M
magmar Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
M
Joined: Oct 2015
also I really want to be able to drag things on top of bags and release them to put them in the bag - !! having to open all the containers sucks -

Joined: Oct 2020
Location: Liberec
veteran
Offline
veteran
Joined: Oct 2020
Location: Liberec
I still believe the option to "pack" 40 units of food to single Camp Supplies would be great.


In the words of the senior NCO instructor at cadet battalion:
“If you ain’t cheating you ain’t trying. And if you got caught you didn’t try hard enough!”
Joined: Feb 2021
veteran
Offline
veteran
Joined: Feb 2021
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
I still believe the option to "pack" 40 units of food to single Camp Supplies would be great.

+1, as long as they made it easy to do.

Last edited by GM4Him; 28/12/21 09:31 PM.
Joined: Jan 2022
Location: Stockholm
stranger
Offline
stranger
Joined: Jan 2022
Location: Stockholm
Yes to almost everything mentioned in this thread.

Also, have access to all your characters inventories when at a merchant. Your face and your pack-mule are likely different characters, at least until the Paladin class becomes playable, and having to move things between characters is frustrating and takes a long time, especially as there is no "move all" button (at leas that I can find), to move all your ware marked goods between characters at the same time.

Joined: Dec 2021
member
Offline
member
Joined: Dec 2021
Originally Posted by Harudus
Yes to almost everything mentioned in this thread.

Also, have access to all your characters inventories when at a merchant. Your face and your pack-mule are likely different characters, at least until the Paladin class becomes playable, and having to move things between characters is frustrating and takes a long time, especially as there is no "move all" button (at leas that I can find), to move all your ware marked goods between characters at the same time.

Or simply assume the character with the best relationship with the vendor is the one doing the selling, regardless of which inventory you're on.

Joined: Dec 2021
G
enthusiast
Offline
enthusiast
G
Joined: Dec 2021
Note to self, do not loot everything, if its anything like DOS2.


Moderated by  Nicou 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5