Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
addict
addict
Solo unless I can directly link to my son’s computer through my local network.

Almost 100% co-op with the GF. We've gone through DOS2 multiple times, DOS1 once, and are now on another DOS2 run as well as going through BG3 EA for the 5th or 6th time. Now only because of the added content though, after this, I think we'll be done until release.

I pretty much hate multi-player games. I especially hate MMORPGs like ESO, etc. I can't find a single thing to like about that.

Playing co-op with a friend, or partner though is awesome. We used to switch back and forth between playing side by side at her house, or mine, or if we were apart, we would Zoom call on the PC while playing on the TV (Stadia).

Now we've got our own house together, so it's always in the TV room, where we have 2 TVs set up and can play side by side.

Talking in real time to your co-op partner is great for games like this.

The only time I'll play without her is if I'm grinding out crafting and organizing items in DOS1-2, or running around sneaking and stealing to equip the party better.

Any real adventuring, fighting, questing we do together.

We can't find ANY other games that we can play together like this. These 3 seem to be it. We're using Stadia or PS4 mostly. Would like to try WL3, but not sure about it yet. Not really the genre we prefer, but it might be fun.

Seems like this is the major upside of turn based games. I feel like RTWP games would be atrocious for us. We're slow and calculating, we play like we were sitting at a table with pen and paper, and try to actually role play as well during playtime. I'd much rather say "I sense there are enemies up ahead, we should probably sneak up around this corner" rather than "Look at your map, there's a bunch of bad guys up there. Go into sneak mode..."

A
addict
addict
A
Single player likely. I just find it more relaxing when I can play a game at my own pace, especially since I often get distracted or sidetracked.

enthusiast
enthusiast
The first playthrough is going to be 100% single-player. I cannot really fully experience the game with other people. I have some friends who love BG and D&D in general but who skip the voiceover as soon as they finish reading the subtitles, for example.

I think that a story-driven game should always be experienced as a SP. You will never allow yourself to experience all the emotions a game wants to transmit if someone is watching/chatting in the background.

After the first run, I'm totally going for a multiplayer one though laugh

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by timebean
SP only for me. Cannot concentrate on story with folks chattering in my ear.

I do like MP for other games that require less attention, like shooters or puzzlers or party games or sea of theives, etc. But anything with alot of dialogue? No.
Pretty much the same here.
I also don't really feel like playing a long-ass game measuring in tens or even hundreds of hours is ever going to be a good match for multiplayer sessions.

I'll probably attempt to have at least few MP sessions with a couple of friends just to mess around a bit for fun, but I don't see the regular scheduling required to achieve a full playthrough ever becoming a thing for me, not with all the other distractions in my daily life and how erratic my schedule can be.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
old hand
old hand
Both, my bro talked about playing a origin toon like in dos2, while ill more than likely play customs. My other two buddies for a second co-op, no clue.

Dez Offline
addict
addict
I'll play both, but DEFINITELY playing solo on my first play-through. No doubt about it.

Even if I had a person equally dedicated to listening and reading EVERYTHING and think about each decision very carefully, I'd never have the same experience with another player in the party. I want the first experience solo, and then many more experiences both solo and co-op laugh

EDIT: Besides, there is no individual among my friends that would be able to play as much as I want to. I can play for *MANY* hours straight without needing a break - the only one that can remotely match my stamina is my brother, but we both prefer to play solo at first and simply discuss the parts that we've both discovered as we play. Then, once we're both done with our first characters, we'll play co-op. laugh

Last edited by Dez; 26/11/21 09:38 PM.

Hoot hoot, stranger! Fairly new to CRPGs, but I tried my best to provide some feedback regardless! <3 Read it here: My Open Letter to Larian
tag Offline
stranger
stranger
SOLO!

Might give coop a try with one or two very close friends, but doubtful. Bandwidth is still a problem for me.

Like some one earlier said My most fun with Coop play was years ago when almost every multiplayer game had Lan ability.

I went to some fantastic Lan parties back in the day and had a blast. But Game makers have for the most part taken away that Lan ability away from Game players now frown .

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard