Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
K
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
K
So currently early access only has three of the Cleric Domains and I really want to have access to the other Domains.

So will the game have all of them at release?

S
SereneNight
Unregistered
SereneNight
Unregistered
S
The game doesn't do much with the existing domains as it is, unfortunately. I don't know if they will spend more development time on it.

veteran
veteran
The idea is that everything in the PHB will be available at full release of the game. So if there's a cleric domain in the player's handbook, then yes, it should be in the full release of the game.

N
stranger
stranger
N
The PHB gives your Cleric access to Knowledge, Life, Light, Nature, Tempest, Trickery, and War Domains.

Xanathar's Guide to Everything gives you access to Forge and Grave Domains.

Tasha's Cauldron of Everything gives you access to Order, Peace and Twilight Domains.

Likely only PHB Domains.

old hand
old hand
Possibly Death from the DMG if we're lucky, but as I understand it it wasn't really meant to be a PC domain.

All in all I still hope we get all PHG domains but I always figured that if they ever need to start cutting class content it will likely be Cleric domains and Wizard schools that get cut first, given that there's more of them.

Optimistically Apocalyptic
veteran
Online Embarrased
veteran
Originally Posted by Niathlak
Likely only PHB Domains.
Agreed ...

But lets be honest with each other, mod (or Add in Larian case) the others should be quite easy ... usualy another sub class for Cleric means only different pasive bonuses (like proficiencies and stuff), different "auto known" spells, that are implemented anyway and different channel divinity spell ...
So basicaly single spell to implement per sub class. laugh

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 04/12/21 07:56 AM.

If my comments bother you, there is nothing easier than telling me to stop.
I mean ... I won't ... but it's easy to say. wink
veteran
veteran
Light Domain will still be king.

Warding Flare, Radiance of the Dawn plus Burning Hands and Scorching Ray.

At Level 5 we get Fireball. Ka-boom.

Blackheifer
G
addict
addict
G
Originally Posted by Blackheifer

Especially with reactions broken and Warding Flare persisting.

Who wants to bet Larian nerfs the Fireball dmg die because it is going to leave a fire surface and set burning. The outrage is gonna be huge.

veteran
Online Embarrased
veteran
I want to bet against it ...

I mean we disliked it for arrows, cantrips and chromatic orb ... we keep complaining about it for more that a year ... its about time for them to notice. :-/

S
addict
addict
S
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
I want to bet against it ...

I mean we disliked it for arrows, cantrips and chromatic orb ... we keep complaining about it for more that a year ... its about time for them to notice. :-/

That's a losing bet! I'm mostly neutral to the 'elemental mini-game' as long as it's implemented right. Weapon dipping is a horrendously botched implementation though and the game would be better without it. Balancing a power around players' patience for micromanagement is such a bad idea. Especially when there's easily a dozen more lore-friendly, immersive and less clunky ways to bring about the same effect.

But disregard bordering on disrespect for D&D isn't the main problem with making environmental manipulation a universal system though. The bigger concern is that it incentivizes exploitation of the poorly conceived rest mechanic to regain spell slots to toy around with - which contributes to narrative dissonance and lessened immersion. And/or it requires ever present 'barrel' shenanigans which again is not very immersive nor balanced. And/or it requires a heavy loot/magic item focus to the point it undermines the importance of character building which is the very essence of D&D. This worked better in DOS where available powers were plentiful and on short cooldowns, in BG3 - it can't be made a universal system without risking some hefty negatives.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by gaymer

Who wants to bet Larian nerfs the Fireball dmg die because it is going to leave a fire surface and set burning. The outrage is gonna be huge.
Of course they will. They have done it for far lesser excuses like Chromatic Orb.

Fireball should be 8d6 and leave a few burning spots on the terrain where it makes sense i.e. not everywhere including stone floors. Dex save vs 1d4 damage if you feel like going through a burning bush or vines.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by 1varangian

Of course they will. They have done it for far lesser excuses like Chromatic Orb.

Fireball should be 8d6 and leave a few burning spots on the terrain where it makes sense i.e. not everywhere including stone floors. Dex save vs 1d4 damage if you feel like going through a burning bush or vines.

Agreed. If you throw fire at the wooden floor then the floor will be on fire. I think Larian has done a decent job so far of tamping back on the surface-crazy of DOS1/2. Hopefully we get level 5 at some point and can see this in action.

Blackheifer
veteran
veteran

Warding Flare has been adjusted and now only works;

1) After you have taken your first turn in the round
2) Only once per turn and it consumes your reaction.

The Reaction resource isn't listed on the main GUI, but you can see it by pressing 'N' and scrolling to the bottom.

However it still appears to be unlimited as a resources, so you can use it an unlimited time, but only once per round.

Blackheifer
veteran
Online Embarrased
veteran
However it still appears to be unlimited as a resources, so you can use it an unlimited time, but only once per round.
Explanation please?
What do you mean unlimited resource?

//Edit: Nevermind i searched it.

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 07/12/21 07:22 AM.

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard