Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
morez Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
What a mess!

I try to play BG3 on Stadia. Didnt play for one week because i got saved game errors (couldn save game) and lost successfully saved game saves. Lost hours of play.
Picked it up today and same sh**t happended again. "Failed to save game - Error Code(s): 502" (i remember some other numbers like 503 last week). Again already saved games were lost after relaunch stadia.

Anyway, i tried to mess with multiplay to find out i can create a new game with an adventure differently called than Baldur*s Gate 3. e.g. TestLevels_QA.

Created a new character to find out even more mess. Lots of "not found" entries. But what is that my tired eyes are seeing here.
Barbarian, Bard, Monk and Paladin templates / outfits (though still called "not found". I decided to share these screenshots before going to bed....

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc] [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc] [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc] [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc] [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc] [img]https://i.postimg.cc/z35ZWFVJ/Baldur-s-Gate-3-Early-Access-9.jpg[/img] [img]https://i.postimg.cc/S2nXGbZM/Baldur-s-Gate-3-Early-Access-11.jpg[/img]

Last edited by morez; 09/12/21 11:12 PM.
veteran
veteran
Hope they will update Monk before release ... this seems awfully tight. :-/

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
old hand
old hand
Nice! Very interesting. I did one hope they won't change the colours wink

I wonder if the unfound background is a new one or just something that's been left over or scrapped.

Thanks a lot for sharing morez! I'd you post this on reddit I'll give you and ulvote wink

Optimistically Apocalyptic
Dez Offline
addict
addict
That ... Barbarian attire (?) does certainly not strike me as traditional barbarian colors. O.o'' It looks so... Bubblegummy. o.O

Hoot hoot, stranger! Fairly new to CRPGs, but I tried my best to provide some feedback regardless! <3 Read it here: My Open Letter to Larian
addict
addict
Whoa, yeah ... not only is the barbarian draped in pastel colors, the overall scheme blends pretty well, too ... just like it was in 1982.

veteran
veteran
Maybe his dress was originaly white ...
But he washed it with sisters red skirt ... and it get collorized. :-/

I would be raging aswell honestly!

stranger
stranger
I hope all 4 get introduced into the game soon. A Paladin or a Bard would negate the need for Shadowheart, and that would please me greatly--I really detest that character. The Druid does that pretty well, but is a combat liability at higher level. Monks are just completely badass and I hope the spin kicks and leg sweeps get added in too. Monks could easily replace Astarion (another character I could do without) and even La'Zel. Barbarians are battle-cats and I wonder which sub-classes we will see for those.

My hatred for Shadowheart and Astarion stem from the fact they are both evil characters. Heck, even La'zel (a Gith) is an evil character. I don't play evil characters as a rule, and I really hope Larian introduces some choices as far as followers that more correctly match the Alignment of say, a Paladin. Can't really see a Paladin running about with an evil Cleric, vampire Rogue, or Gith anything.

veteran
veteran
Dont get your hopes too high ...
We allready get Druid and Sorcerer, but no new companions ... there is no guarantee Paladin, Bard or Monk will be any different. frown

enthusiast
enthusiast
The two data-mined companions seem to be a paladin and a bard.

Last edited by spacehamster95; 13/12/21 04:59 PM.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by spacehamster95
I know ... but they still might be unaviable, if they are not exactly ready. :-/

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
Originally Posted by spacehamster95
I know ... but they still might be unaviable, if they are not exactly ready. :-/

Thats true, mate. Frankly, I do not expect a new companion added very soon during EA, but I will be super excited if we get one.

veteran
veteran
I think spoiler isnt needed for this statement. laugh
Personaly i kinda wonder why they keep new companions away ... i mean sure, if they are suppose to be Bard, Sorcerer, Barbarian or Paladin ... that all make sence.

But Ranger? Druid? Sorcerer? O_o
I would like to know why we dont get any. frown

enthusiast
enthusiast
I don't know, maybe they are not ready yet. I am curious to see whether we will get a companion for all classes or not at the end. It would make sense for the origin play-style, so you can experience all classes with an origin, on the other hand thats a lot of resources to allocate to create rich story lines for all those heroes. I would be fine with an more neutral and three good character added so we will have 3 evil, 3 neutral and 3 good companion to form our party with.

veteran
veteran
I admit i simply want it ... there is no logical reason, just bunch of covenient excuses. laugh
One of them is that i simply want option to build my party however i want.
It sucks to be minus Warlock once you play Evil route ... it sucks even more to be minus Sorcerer all the time, no matter what you do (except you being one), since there simply isnt any. laugh

Right now you either are charismatic ...
Or you dont have anyone with high charisma in your party, there is no third option. frown

Therefore i simply want origin character for each class. smile

That, plus i would really like to test some sinergies between different classes ...

addict
addict
This discussion gives me an idea ... what if Larian made a joinable non-player character whose class is defined by your first conversation? That could be quite a challenge; I don't know if anyone else has done this before, so it might a "first" in the genre? We might want to avoid the alignment-specific classes such as Paladin or Monk, but that still leaves a whole bunch of choices. Certainly at least the classic mage, cleric, thief, and fighter base classes should be available. I think back to BG II, would it have made much difference if Viconia was a mage, fighter, or thief? Or if Nalia was a ranger dualed to a cleric? It would be interesting to have at least one NPC whose personality and motivation is not subordinate to their class.

But of course, the City of Brass adventure really should be the priority for now.

veteran
veteran
I dont like the idea at all to be honest. :-/

Classes are the most basic deffinition of who character is.
Sure i know that with multiclassing we technicaly can "become everything" ... but still. laugh

addict
addict
Character class certainly is an element of the persona, but so are other factors such as alignment, personality traits, family associates, cultural background, specific event history, other natural talents, etc. that can be worked into the story.

If you have BG II and Shadowkeeper editor, change Viconia's class from cleric to thief and play through the game ... works just fine. None of her backstory and dialog interaction really depends on her class at all. In fact, she makes an excellent sneaky thief.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
I dont like the idea at all to be honest. :-/

Classes are the most basic deffinition of who character is.
Sure i know that with multiclassing we technicaly can "become everything" ... but still. laugh
I agree. Character class is a defining trait for a DnD character.

addict
addict
If you take a look in the 5E Dungeon Master Guide, you will see Chapter 4: Creating Non-Player Characters. It mentions these specific aspects of a memorable NPC character:

Occupation and history
Appearance
Abilities
Talent
Mannerism
Interactions with others
Useful knowledge
Ideals
Bonds/allegiance
Flaws or secrets

They even give tables so you could create a detailed NPC in just a few die rolls. Gosh, if you have writer's block, this is the place to go! Occupation is certainly on the list, but it is just one of many things, and there is very little discussion of occupation in Chapter 4 except for the villainous variants given at the end. Chapter 4 shows you how an AI algorithm might be able to create the NPC's, possibly with input from the player. In fact, Argyle might already be an AI thing ... how would you know?

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Argyle
Occupation and history
Appearance
Abilities
Talent
Mannerism
Interactions with others
Useful knowledge
Ideals
Bonds/allegiance
Flaws or secrets

The question here is ...
Can you fill them all wich such values so it will fit to any and every possible class?

I dunno i would expect some differences in story between Fiend Warlock and Paladin of Tyr. laugh

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard