Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#124136 31/10/03 09:03 PM
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Can anyone tell me all the locations of the books of Coram bloodclub? I have only found 6!

#124137 31/10/03 11:04 PM
Support
Support
AFAIK, the locations are random.

#124138 01/11/03 12:50 AM
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
But I have played repetitively and they have always been in the same locations for me, always one in the cursed abbey library, Hughs house in the farmlands, doctor Elraths house, and stormfist castle, that's all I can remember though.

#124139 01/11/03 01:31 AM
Support
Support
I never noticed a pattern. Maybe someone else remembers where they were.

#124140 02/11/03 07:30 PM
R
journeyman
journeyman
R
Under the guild hall in archives in Verdist..
In thieves Guild..
In Sir dantes and patricks mansions.

Also check the orcs camps, sometimes the coram books are there, or manscripts.

stranger
stranger
Hello everyone,

I know this topic is very, very old, but I am playing the game again and was looking for the books, too. As I couldn't find any place listing all of them, I decided to continue this post.

It does appear that the books can be found in fixed locations, as I have always found them there and never encountered them randomly while reloading in front of a bookshelf. They are the large red book sprite and always look like they're very much treasured (usually lying on the owner's bed or very close to it), so in most cases, I leave them be. I've missed them in all my playthroughs, thinking it was always the same book (they do all start out the same). I only noticed after all these years and started looking for them. Here are the locations:

Volume 1: Aleroth abandoned house in the upper right corner (lying on a package next to the bed).
Volume 2: Cursed Abbey, the book is lying on one of the tables in the first library (upstairs, not the one in the cellars).
Volume 3: ?
Volume 4: ?
Volume 5: Farmland, the house belonging to the farmer with the refined taste for clothing. His house is located in the upper right of the farmland, next to stormfist castle. The book is lying on his nightstand (a wooden crate). (I found this and number 6 while reloading old savegames to figure out where I'd found Volume 9 - an endeavor I could have saved myself had I read the Themightyone's reply more carefully.)
Volume 6: Gleborus (dwarven village). South of the altar there is a dwarf looking for a lady friend who doesn't mind his intense scent. The book is lying on his bed.
Volume 7: There was, if I remember correctly, also a book somewhere around the house of the steward of Stormfist Castle, located in the top right, below the archery patch. I remember a chest behind his house, so this might be it. In my current game I haven't arrived there yet, but I think I'm going to take it, because (SPOILER) getting in there later is hard, and the people in the castle have been mean to me. Edit: I found some info I missed the first time around, in the lparchive. The book is indeed inside Theus' house, the castle steward. (And as it turns out, the location of all the books I listed so far can also be found there - oh well, finding them on my own was fun. I want to avoid posting links, but you can just google "lparchive Rivellon Reader's Digest". Pick the one about the gem.)
Volume 8: ?
Volume 9: Elrath's House on the lower right of the marketplace. You can enter it by picking up the key behind the house, after visiting his patients in the quarantine area. The book lies on a table inside his bedroom. I did take this one because (SPOILER) it would otherwise have been lost since you cannot go back there.
Volume 10: Orcland (lowest right corner of the first map, see Mitox' quest to poison the orcs' water supply). It is inside an orc tent lying on a bed. I took that one, too, because I kind of felt I'd earned it.

The 3 remaining ones should be at the places Rugster listed:

"Under the guild hall in archives in Verdist..
In thieves Guild..
In Sir dantes and patricks mansions."

And that should be all of them, I think.

stranger
stranger
It turns out that Volumes 3, 4 and 8 were not in those places. :< Another poster in another thread (sorry, I forgot who it was) had also said that he could only find 7 out of the 10 books in the entire game.

Possible explanation: After I read the entire story in the file "books.000" like Raze recommended (big thanks for that hint, very useful), it dawned on me that they might have been left out for a specific reason. :3

SPOILER:

Those 3 volumes contain little information on the coup itself, but seem to be mostly about, well... private information on Koram's preferences and details on his love life.

Which I found very interesting to read.

Last edited by Merle; 25/06/20 11:53 PM.

Moderated by  Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth 

Link Copied to Clipboard