Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
A
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
After the council kills me in the divine one cermony I go to the land of the dead. The only problem is that I am actually dead. I've been stuck at this point for a week now.

I've done everythin I can think of, reinstall, the newest patch. Nothing works.

If anyone could help it would be much appreaciated.

Support
Support
I thought the patch was suppose to fix that? Do you have access to another computer you could try it on? This is a pretty rare bug; I'm not sure if that would help or if it is due to something in the save itself.

A
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
I only own this one computer.

And since I've tried everything i can think of, my guess is that it would have to be a problem with the save as well. Unless anyone knows anything else, I'm about ready to give up on this game.

veteran
veteran
do you have an older save you can go back to?

A
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
older saves do the same thing

Support
Support
Did you get my PM? Click My Home on the main menu, then 'Received Private Messages'.

If you have installed a no-cd patch, then this is the most likely cause. Follow the instructions in the No reinstall needed post for a fix.

Support
Support
Each time you enter a new area, the game adds files to the save game folder to keep track of this. A new game should have 22 files, after going to either Verdistis or the Dark Forest it should have 27, after going to both it should have 32, after getting to the wastelands it should have 37, and after getting to the Black Ring dungeon it should have 42.

.0 / .x0 = Aleroth, Ars Magicana, etc
.1 / .x1 = Verdistis, Council Hall
.2 / .x2 = Dark Forest
.3 / .x3 = Black Ring dungeons
.4 / .x4 = Wastelands

In Amibatmanyes' case, the game for some reason added the 5 .x/.x4 files before getting to the wastelands, which cause the problem of ending up dead on arrival. Apparently when the game tried to add/update files it could not handle the unexpected presence of these extra files, so the cut scene never continued to the resurrection and bird flying by.
Deleting these files allows the saved game to load and function properly.

A
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
OMG thank you Raze
I'm having the most boring day of my life and that makes it so much better.

Moderated by  Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth 

Link Copied to Clipboard