Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Getting frustrated !!!!

1) I have placed both red gems in the imp statue. Nothing happens. What is supposed to happen? Maybe the door open to get at the gem?

2) I have a mirror that says it can use a key. WTF is this? Does not seem to work on anything.

3) CANNOT open door at location #11 on map that leads to level 2 pipes section. This is bad cause it leads to an area on level 2 that is the only area I have not opened up. (almost all of the eastern section of lvl 2) This door is right next to the imps that are beside all the potions on a table.

ANY help would be appreciated.

G
addict
addict
G
There is a note on the floor in that area. If you read it the adventurer who wrote it said he knows what to do... he will put both red or yellow gems in the idol. Now notice that he is dead... that is a big clue.

cek Offline
journeyman
journeyman
Well, if your are really stumped

<span class='standouttext'>Spoiler : </span><span class='spoiler'> Put one red and one yellow in the imp (the nearby note says orange, or red + yellow) And you will find a key near by four doors, with a something saying to bad you can only open one. Use the mirror to copy the key to open them. </span>

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Thanks for your help so far people BUT, if these are just side quests (ie: mirror and imp statue) I really don't care that much. What I need to do is get out of the pipe area and move on to academy level 2 and I believe the key is to open up the east side of level 2 pipes area that is accesed via the locked door beside the imps on level 1 pipes area known as "11" on the map. HOW do you open that door to the stairway?

PS: Gonna try the gem thing and thanks.

veteran
veteran
By getting the key from Tax - but you have to pass the 1st summoning test first and get access to the 2nd one - then do a bit of questioning to trigger this option. How far are you? Which main quest have you taken and solved?

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I had completed (almost) pipes level 1 and 2 before I restarted the level and found out I had missed a lever that led to the telportation device initiating the summoning quests. Dahh!!! I was at a dead end before that and it proved to me that a few levels have to be done in a very particular sequence unlike act 2 and 3 where you had "almost" a free reign.

Right now I am wandering around the summoning level looking for the library and finding that there seems to be a lot to do up here.

Last edited by memyselfeandi; 13/05/04 03:18 AM.

Moderated by  Larian_QA, Lynn, Macbeth 

Link Copied to Clipboard