Print Thread
A
aspen Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
...does it get better?.

when i started it up i was met with bad graphics, 'dodgy' animations (e.g. running), 'tacky' voices and a bad menu and controll layout.
i have played many rpgs in my time and this has to be one of the worst, however its good reviews tell me otherwise. Does it get better???

i realise i have just started (basically wondered round a red dungeon for 20 mins) and am not at a point to make a judgment, hence the post being called first impressions. so dont hold that against me all you die hard fans 8).

some insight plz into what the game beholds or is it the same with different landscpaes through out. thanks for your time

T
apprentice
apprentice
T
Well, it *is* a rpg with focus on hack & slash combat - but it also have tons of story and quests thrown into the mix. The game is long and you've just begun so as you say it's a bit early to judge the game. But I guess it boils down to personal opinion... either you like it or you don't. I personally liked it a lot, it was different enough from what else I've been playing to be refreshing.

- Telemachos

journeyman
journeyman
I felt that the start of the game was very indicative of the rest of the game. There are a few more people to talk to in later acts but none felt 'alive', they were just quest givers.

I'm sure many others will tell you otherwise though.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Well for me, I did enjoy the game more after act 1. Especialy in the Imp village, however I haven't finished the game yet so I can't comment on any acts past the beginning from act 3

Support
Support
The voices do get better, particularly the DK's voice. The graphics get better; the 2D backgrounds at least get more interesting (IMO they also get better; it is hard to make a dungeon look good), and the 3D spell effects are more impressive with more powerful spells. The interface remains the same, but you should get used to it, and can assign hot key to various functions.

Moderated by  Larian_QA, Lynn, Macbeth 

Link Copied to Clipboard