Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#244434 04/06/04 03:34 PM
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
I am in Act 2. I thought by patch 1.45 the monsters spawning within the darkened areas of the battlefield dungeons would have been stopped. Obviously it hasn't. I can't imagine why this issue hasn't been addressed after this many patches.
I also have to add that I am finding those battlefields a little repetitious. It seems the loot is about the same as it was in act one, just a bit higher attributes.
The change in sharpening just makes no sense what so ever to me. I am level 20 with 7 points in sharpen. So when I sharpen a weapon it comes up with the needed agility of 43 to use. My current agility is 20. So I am supposed to wait 5 levels to use this weapon? I don't think so.
When I first got the game I thought it was great. I am having second thoughts now. I remember in DD I got tired of all the running back and forth just to complete a quest. That has improved in this game which makes me happier. But I still find myself hitting the quit button more than I did in the last game. I just seem to get tired of playing and killing the same monsters over and over. Am I alone in this feeling?
Today is a rainy cool day just right for computer games. Yet I have just quit after 2 hours and am looking for other things to do.
I am considering taking my save game file to another directory and reinstalling the game up to patch 1.44. If I didn't think I would contaminate those files I would but I am afraid to lose the progress I have already made in the game.
I hope everyone else is having more fun than I am in the game. I would hate to think many players feel the same way.

My imagination knows nothing about realities. Only plausible possibilites
#244435 04/06/04 10:26 PM
Support
Support
You do not need to complete the battlefields. Monsters being outside of the play area in the BF does not have much of an impact on the game, so may not have a high priority to fix. Perhaps the fix is more involved, or something else has to be updated first.
You can unlearn Sharpen, then learn it again at a lower level, to keep the required agility within reach of your characters.

#244436 05/06/04 11:08 AM
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
You do not need to complete the battlefields. Monsters being outside of the play area in the BF does not have much of an impact on the game, so may not have a high priority to fix. Perhaps the fix is more involved, or something else has to be updated first.
You can unlearn Sharpen, then learn it again at a lower level, to keep the required agility within reach of your characters.

I believe if someone does a job that job should be done right. The BF was put in the game to enjoy and be part of the game. I should look forward to playing the BF. I don't as it is now.

I understand I can unlearn a skill but when I do it should be my choice to do so, not be forced to do so because of a lame patch. This isn't a Multi play game where skills affect others. This was just a bad choice of a skill being nerfed. We do have difficulty levels we can play in this game. I think sharpening could have been changed in a more constructive manner is all I am trying to say about this skill.

This is only my opinion and how this affects me.

My imagination knows nothing about realities. Only plausible possibilites

Moderated by  Larian_QA, Lynn, Macbeth 

Link Copied to Clipboard