Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Patch 1.45 on clean install.
I'm in Act II, battlefields level 1.

One of the merchants is Keith, the white-haird wizard type, on the west side. In my game he is standing behind (north of) a building. I can walk behind the building and talk to him, as he can be seen through the building.

At some point yesterday, I came back to the battlefield and noticed that while Keith could be seen in the minimap as a dot, I couldn't find him any more on the main screen. However, if I spoke to another merchant while Keith should be in the screen area still, while I was in the conversation he would show up. As soon as I quit the conversation, he would either disappear or remain.

If he did remain, I couldn't click on him to initiate a conversation, even though his green circle subscript would highlight as the mouse would move over him.
In addition, if he did remain, he would disappear for good as soon as I moved away from his area. I could only make him reappear through the merchant conversation trick, but he would still be unusable.

I also noticed that when he was seen, he would be located a little lower than originally, which put him right inside the building.

I had to revert back to an earlier save, as I tried all to no avail (saving again, going in and out of battlefields, leaving area, etc...).

Anyone had this bug?

Support
Support
A couple people have run into that problem. I don't recall any fixes being mentioned.

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Thanks. No luck then. Luckily I "only" lost 4 hours of play.
There seems to be way too many bugs in this game.

Ive had it too, its completely random!

After doing the 1st 2 dungeons I came back to sell my loot and possible EQ upgrades and she was stood outside the house again.

I guess you just need to have alot of patience or luck to get her outside the house again.

//Inel.

Don't play when you have a mushroom phobia! o.O xD
stranger
stranger
There's a trick to get around that problem: just alt-tab until the npc is visible again. If you open the small map, you will see the green dot, but not the merchant in the game. Alt-tabbing makes the dot move into visibility again, you will see the dot moving after every alt-tab. Sometimes the merchants are in a building and you have a chance to get them out with the alt-tab-method.
There is a nother thread about this problem:

http://forums.larian.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=348836

Moderated by  Larian_QA, Lynn, Macbeth 

Link Copied to Clipboard