Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Its a pleasure to meet you all... through I wish it would be with better thoughts then this...

My game crashes randomly here and there.... most often in town right after I purchased from George(The merchant who likes his "herbs")

Ive looked through the posts and tried much... I suppose I would be asking where I could find out how to turn down sound acceleration.... and if that doesn't work what else I could do apart from turning color to 16bit and sound acceleration down...

thanks much for the aid!

The loneliest goat see's the last sunset last...
Support
Support
While fixing the problem would be best, it sounds like you should be able to reduce the crashes just by avoiding George as a trader (go see him after curing Mardaneus, though). The dwarf Otho can repair equipment if you'd rather not invest a skill point in Repair yourself, and you'll probably find better equipment that George has to offer.

To disable or lower your hardware sound acceleration (though I'm not sure if that will help for non-sound related issues), click Start | Run, type in dxdiag and hit Enter, then switch to the sound tab.

Are you shutting down all non-essential programs (especially anti-virus) before starting the game?

Troubleshooting Tips (& manual install procedure)

Moderated by  Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth 

Link Copied to Clipboard