Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
veteran
veteran
The PC version comes with SecuROM Internet Edition, IIRC, so you might want to get it on console if you can.

Also - welcome to the forum, Beastman smile

Please click the banner...
stranger
stranger
I loved mass effect one of my first rpgs. and has anyone seen the mass effect 2 trailer?

They say because I'm a gamer i don't have a life....Well, RIGHT DOWN LEFT LEFT RIGHT UP! Now I have thirty.
veteran
veteran
I TRIED looking at it, but the quality was so poor that I gave up.
i AM gonna buy it anyway though, i loved the first too much for it.

Viper
W
stranger
stranger
W
Started playing it on the PC but had to stop due to too much schoolwork. frown Makes me really sad as it's an epic game.

Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war!!
veteran
veteran
Bought ME2 on X360 and I'm loving it very much. too bad I can't spend more time on it due to my 3 week old son

Viper
A
veteran
veteran
A
I won't buy it as long as it contains that activation stuff.

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
--Dilbert cartoon

"Interplay.some zombiefied unlife thing going on there" - skavenhorde at RPGWatch
veteran
veteran
no activation stuff on the X360 Alrik... maybe you should consider an X360 smile

Viper
A
veteran
veteran
A
Okay, but I'd have to buy that console first ... wink

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
--Dilbert cartoon

"Interplay.some zombiefied unlife thing going on there" - skavenhorde at RPGWatch
addict
addict
Originally Posted by Wolf Fang
Started playing it on the PC but had to stop due to too much schoolwork. frown Makes me really sad as it's an epic game.

Mass Effect 2 PC has been pretty awesome so far for me (some 24 hours in or so), I must say.

I'm glad ME2 PC only has Securom disc check - none of that crappy install-limit stuff.

old hand
old hand
I like the second game much better than the first... but it is now a shooter with RPG elements, rather than a RPG with shooter elements.

veteran
veteran
I LOVE ME2. I only hate the semi-obligatory scanning of the planets, so I made a list of what upgrades I still need, how many resources it'l cost me an how many I already have, that way I can stop scanning as soon as i have the necessary resources.

I'm now completing the loyalty missions, 1 more to go and than I only need to recruit tali, do her loyalty mission and I can go on. I'm also gonna do a lot of side missions first before continuing the main story.

I do want to finish it, cause there are new games (the saboteur on PS3, Forza 3 on X360 and Divinity 2 on PC) waiting for me and I've been playing it for almost 3 months now

Viper
addict
addict
I adore both Mass Effect titles for different reasons. I think the first one has a better overarching tale. However, I feel the second one has more "character" due to the great 'loyalty' missions.

I missed the planet exploration in Mass Effect 2. However, the level design was much better because it had more focus.

Combat is no contest. Mass Effect 2 just feels better, smoother, and more precise.

The planet scanning was my one huge gripe. It was too damn slow. Luckily, though, it has been patched up just recently.

Last edited by Libertarian; 18/05/10 06:46 PM.

My Favorite RPGs: Divinity franchise, Gothic franchise (including Arcania, so I think I'm alone...), Venetica, Risen, Two Worlds II, The Witcher, Sacred franchise, Fallout franchise, Mass Effect 1, Alpha Protocol, Planescape: Torment, Drakensang, KOTOR 1 & 2, etc.
veteran
veteran
yeah, now that I don't need to scan planets anymore it has been improved frown
i'm gonna see how it has been changed after I've finished the suicide mission. Almost done playing smile

Overall the game is great, planet scanning sucks but the rest is awesome. I hope to finish it tonight

Viper
veteran
veteran
yeah, I've played this morning until the final 'boss' battle.. man this is so cool, gonna finish it this evening.

Viper
old hand
old hand
Final 'boss' was the only time I fired the nuke launcher.

Last edited by virumor; 20/05/10 07:33 PM.
veteran
veteran
yeah, I took the wrong gun on that mission, so I had to do it with my SMG and heavy gun, but all in all it went quite good. I played on casual though, to keep the fun in it.

anyway, I finished the game yesterday, 2 months after I 1st started playing it. Loved every moment of it.

Now I've started playing the Saboteur on PS3.

Viper
S
stranger
stranger
S
Originally Posted by Gia
We had an XBox 360, but, I waited for the PC version of this game. I am not a very coordinated console gamer :P

I like the game. I actually played it several times already, trying different classes.

And speaking of posts....Um... I lurk a lot, but rarely post. I try to check the forums from time to time for news on Divinity 2. smile

Yeah. Plus, I suggest trying other alternative lines in the conversation.

addict
addict
Toooooo bad i can"t play it
When I want ot install there is "saverun.dll" problem
frown

ENGLISH GRAMMAR IS MY WEAK SIDE
T
stranger
stranger
T
Mass Effect is the best gaming series ever!!!
i have the second one and borrowed the 1st one twice, bedcause it was so awesome.
BTW, wat class do u guys usually play as? I'm always an infiltrator,just because i love sniping things (its safer and more kickass that way)

T
stranger
stranger
T
That final boss was creepy as hell. it literally made me sick to my stomach the first time i saw it, and fighting it was worse!!! i was still awesome enough to one-shot-kill it though...

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth 

Link Copied to Clipboard