veteran
OP Offline
veteran
You can choose your style sheet?
This is how:
-Go to "My stuff"
-Click "My preferences"
-Under "Your preferred style sheet” you can make your choice
-You can choose among 4 different ones (including the one from the old boards)

You can update your mood
At the top of the forum, to the far right, you left click one time on the smiley. A window pops up. Now you can change your mood. If you are offline, a grayed-out smiley is shown.

You can choose which forums to show.
In the main forum list, to the far right of each forum section title is a small icon (+ or -) which you can click to minimize or maximize that section.

At this moment there’s a problem with older PM’s

We have received the following reply from the support department at UBB threads:
When importing from UBB.Classic / UBB.threads you'll likely notice that a lot of Private Messages that you've deleted in the past have "magically" appeared out of "nowhere"... There is a very logical reason behind this behavior.

When you send a Private Message (in UBB.Classic / UBB.threads), there are two participants, when one participant deletes the topic, it still remains for the other.

When creating the importer for UBB.Classic / UBB.threads a decision had to be made based on the best logical way to import data, especially since some users would not certain PM's in their inbox because they removed them, and the logic of how to do so in a server friendly manner was near impossible, so it came down to either import everything that is current in the PM system, or import nothing.

Not all PM's will re-appear, only those which exist in the inbox of either (or both) participants, and both participants (regardless of if they deleted the PM or not) will receive the message back in their inbox.

SOLUTION: Reply from the support department at UBB Threads: They're pm's that weren't completely deleted - just delete them now and you'll be fine

Sorry guys, there's nothing more we can do.

At this moment there’s a problem with “Who’s online”
The names of the members being online isn't always accurate. We have contacted support at UBB threads. Keep you posted.

The class system (dragons, undead,…) is not up to date yet. We'll have a look at the classes and alignments (no promises but we'll try).

We still have a FAQ which contains replies to some of your questions grin
Click me

More updates/news will follow.

If you have stumbled upon something new, just post it here.

Lynn Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
The class system is back!

If rat didn't break anything, the part about selecting a class and having a title that goes up with your post count, should work again.

How to change your class:

-at the top of the forum, click "my stuff"
-then select "my profile"
-scroll down and look for "class"
-select your class
-scroll down and press "submit"

(The part about Angel/Prophet isn't working yet.. and the old Good/Evil/Neutral thing isn't working either. Partly because we seem to have misplaced the little graphics for it smirk )

More info about the classes and the post count can be found here

Please do not create useless posts (=spam) just to raise your postcount...

veteran
veteran
Excellent! I am now a Battlemage again! Thanks Lynn! (And thanks to rat, too :))

Please click the banner...
U
veteran
veteran
U
Meh, who changed my status? I was going to go for the default (addict or veteran or whatever it is) this time around! mad I don't want to be a warlord! mad

Übereil

Brain: an apparatus with which we think we think.

Ambrose Bierce
veteran
veteran
Then change it back, Ube! smile

U
veteran
veteran
U
Once you've switched from the default you can't switch back, that's why I didn't want to switch. Because it's way more unique and exlusive not to have switched status at all than to be a dragon or warlord or whatever.

Übereil

Ambrose Bierce
veteran
veteran
Ube...

Go click on that little cross that just appeared next to 'My Stuff'. It seems to still have the default blanks loaded... You may be able to get around it that way...

enthusiast
enthusiast
YES!!!!! I'm a Dragon again! Here's 2 thumbs up for Larian (one per head) up up

P.S I love the little +'s and -'s, plus the flags and markers, makes me feel more like the game
that I consider one of the greatest RPG's of all time, many thanks! wink

Last edited by twoheadedragon; 08/04/08 04:47 AM.

"Oh Lord, how long will the search go on?"
U
veteran
veteran
U
The thing is, Elliot, that I haven't changed my status, and my status is set to nothing. Despite that, I'm displayed as a warrior.

Übereil

Ambrose Bierce
enthusiast
enthusiast
Relax Ube, take a sip of water, go to "my profile" and choose your class. wink

rat Offline
enthusiast
enthusiast
There is no default anymore. Or actually, by default you're a human with no special nothing. Which is a warrior :p The "really default" titles are just a little bit too... "meh".

They can blow up all two mijne pocket.
Lynn Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Originally Posted by Ubereil
Once you've switched from the default you can't switch back, that's why I didn't want to switch. Because it's way more unique and exlusive not to have switched status at all than to be a dragon or warlord or whatever.

Übereil

If you want, we can ditch the entire class system again, and change back to the "meh" titles, but then that counts for everyone devil

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by lynn

Übereil

If you want, we can ditch the entire class system again, and change back to the "meh" titles, but then that counts for everyone devil

Yeah, and when the classes disappear we'll know who to clobber... devil

veteran
veteran

Übereil

!!! I kinda like being a Battlemage, thanks! At least until I hit Archmage, which could well happen one day! laugh

Someone sit on Ube! laugh

A
veteran
veteran
A
@everyone from Larian: The new books are quite nice, but the "light" one, should be even lighter, imho. It doesn't "catch the eye" in my case.

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
--Dilbert cartoon

"Interplay.some zombiefied unlife thing going on there" - skavenhorde at RPGWatch
Lynn Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
The images have been adapted a little. Let me know if it's better or not.

Lynn Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
The alignment system is back!

thankyou rat!

How to choose your alignment (good, neutral, evil):

-at the top of the forum, click "my stuff"
-then select "my profile"
-scroll down and look for "alignment"
-select your alignment (good, neutral, evil)
-scroll down and press "submit"

The name tags for helpers and people with fan sites is back too!

More info about the classes and the post count can be found here

Please do not create useless posts (=spam) just to raise your post count...

veteran
veteran

I'm actually with Übereil on this one. I had never selected a forum class or alignment, and I dislike being a neutral Warlord.

Which leads me to another problem: I had once sent a PM to Lynn suggesting a Rogue forum class (or Survivor, the one I would have chosen for this forum). As I didn't get a reply, I had always kept this PM, intending to post it when the time seemed right or to send it again. I'm 100% sure I have not deleted it. Unfortunately, it's gone now. It seems the software update didn't just lead to deleted PMs popping up again, it also caused PMs to vanish.

If I can't be a Rogue or Survivor, I'd rather go for the "meh class", veteran, and no alignment at all.

rat Offline
enthusiast
enthusiast
We're open to suggestions, just write what you think would make a good class (including the names for the post counts) and then people can comment on that. The biggest work is done (changing the software to support the idea), adding or tweaking a class or two is painless.

They can blow up all two mijne pocket.
U
veteran
veteran
U

*Cough* I'm fine with that. grin Then again, it would make it less unique to be a veteran if everyone with 1500+ posts was a veteran too...

Oh well.

BTW sidescrolls on long quotes suck. Sidescroll in general suck.

Übereil

Ambrose Bierce
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard