Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Q
stranger
stranger
Q
I don't much care for the close up actiony gameplay. I was hoping for a view and gameplay similar to the original DD.

Support
Support

Lurker, the character somersaults when he jumps over stuff. I also think it looks a little silly doing this, but it is probably something that you would easily get used to and just ignore. In the presentation there is less jumping after the first few minutes.

BTW, part 3 shows the character in dragon form.

journeyman
journeyman
I don't like that GUI, I don't like when the character somersaults as an idiot(...and why do he do that!?...),I don't like that developers are developing this game also for x360 (no offense... wink )...

...but I love this game...
thankyou

Last edited by juanpablo87; 23/08/08 01:35 AM.
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
I'm usually turned off with games like this. The flipping of the main character just annoys me after 2 hours. Stuff like this has repelled me from fighting games like Mortal Combat which I used to love.

Does the male version of the character act like sonic the hedgehog?

Not wanting to be negative, but if I didn't know of the first game. I would have definitely passed it up.

I'm not trying to be a smart ass, but what exactly is the logic of having the main character act this way in combat or just plain jumping over a ditch?

I love the idea of transforming into a dragon though.

Last edited by LightningLockey; 23/08/08 02:21 AM.

Every time there I run into trouble on the road, there is always a dwarf at the bottom of it. Don't they know how to drive above ground?
T
journeyman
journeyman
T
i got couple of questions about the game..
are there gona be some earth-running mount?
will we have a special running skill, that increase running speed?
and how many beer models is this game gona have? XD

from what i've seen in the movies, this is really different then div1. in div1 you had perfect control over the whole "world". this look like adventuring.. sort of Dungeon siege with better quality. you start from 1 point and end in the last point, no going back for revisiting and what not :P
but it might be too early to joudge, since i havent played at myself..

its 5:30 am and i havent slept.. GOOD NIGHT!

journeyman
journeyman
Good Night...see you tomorrow...

It's 4.53 a.m.:
I go to sleep too XD...

stranger
stranger
I think you guys are overreacting a little bit. It's not like doing a flip will affect gameplay. I guess it might be a little silly, but it sure beats the way people jumped in say Oblivion for instance. their legs just stop moving and they fly in the air. To be honest, watching anybody run and jump looks a little silly to me. I just kinda wish that in the animation when he landed the character leaned forward a little bit while his legs caught up to him so he would look like he has weight. Anyway, just my thoughts. And I agree the dragon looks amazing, I rewound and watched that part about 3 times. One more thing, I really hope they keep the same inventory system as the last two games, where the only limit to what you can carry is weight, not slots or squares like some other games.

addict
addict
party Thanks Xanlosch! Looks great. The dragon especially looks impressive and promising! Oh, and love the nonstop hip-hop background music, Kirill's style sure has changed. silly

Last edited by flixerflax; 23/08/08 05:57 AM.
veteran
veteran
Everyone is saying something about the jumping and the running.

I like it. How many games Haven't I played where suddenly the character can't jump over a branch or a slight high sloped cliff. And don't we always use the "always run" button when playing? If you want a walksim play oblivion. Personally I like the fast pace of the game and it's not like we are dealing with a no depth rpg with all the choices you can make. Like Lar said, dragon flight looks so much cooler then horse riding. After seeing this I am very much impressed. The only thing I missed is the pets in the village (get rid of those pesky cats!!!!)

The mindreading option, is there a negative when reading peoples mind? Can some people detect it and get angry at you? Or does it require skill points to read certain people's mind? I only ask since when you can do it all the time it is just an other dialogue option that you use in every conversation. Looks to me like the mind reading option could be humorous. (mind reading a drunk who's trying to impress the barmaind ... silly )

Are the negatives and the positives equal? Is the magic amulet powerful enough to take the punishment of higher prices?

PS: div2 would play incredible with the wiimote I think. Looks a bit like Zelda but then in RPG-form instead of adventure. And coming from a Zelda fan that is one of the highest complements you can get smile

Last edited by Morbo; 23/08/08 08:29 AM.

Not in the mood for cheese?
That excuse has more holes than a slice this fine Gorgombert!
stranger
stranger
Pretty nice movie, I think it was a good presentation, although the off-screen hiphop party was kind of annoying. The second part is the most interesting one, because it focusses on the quest branching. Be sure to watch that one.

About the running/juming, Lar demonstrated +3hrs of gameplay in half an hour. It's probably an understatement when I say that he had to rush things wink. Concerning the jumping, it's not something you are forced to do, you can just as well walk around the village and stroll through the gate. But again, those things take up demonstration time ... and I think Lar just likes to jump around a lot silly

@Xanlosch: nice job man smile ... one small remark though, there seems to be a problem with the sound in the third movie

old hand
old hand
For me the game feels very much like "Fable". But I'm really glad to see that the game still offers some very deep dialogs! The mindreading skill added dialog options are pretty cool, I guess you need there some kind of energy/mana for it? Because at one point Swen had to use the ingame console :P

Anyway, the "standing around" NPCs...look like a new trend for RPGs. Imho this doesn't feel like they're really "living" in their town(s). I know at the part with the blacksmith + girlfriend they were moving around...but only in circles? Plus I'm not quite sure yet if I like the "!" and "?" emoticons above them badsmile .

At the end the surprise with transforming the main character into a dragon is pretty awesome, something like that wasn't available before in a RPG (to my knowledge). I wonder if the player will be really able to use that skill in special areas only or whereever he/she wants.

Things I also like very much:
- presentation quality itself
- graphics are pretty top, the game feels "fast" and "smooth"
- fast (!) loading times between areas
- interesting low system requirements...sounds for me like not another console port up
- looks like Swen played with mouse+keyboard combo...I fear I had to use a gamepad :P

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Koen
... although the off-screen hiphop party was kind of annoying ...

I wish I had the power and a program to remove this hiphop sounds frown

Originally Posted by Koen
@Xanlosch: nice job man smile ... one small remark though, there seems to be a problem with the sound in the third movie

Somebody else reported this problem me too. I didn't notice last night frown It is a problem in the raw data of part 3 and I don't know what happen wrong frown Maybe I must cut the whole data again and let the PC more time to synchronize audio and video. But this could be done in a few days. I think if it not a problem to hear Lar with an other voice wink

Xanlosch's Home - Fortombla hortomosch !
Kein Support via Foren-PM - postet mehr im Forum.
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Originally Posted by Tenorek
I think you guys are overreacting a little bit. It's not like doing a flip will affect gameplay. I guess it might be a little silly, but it sure beats the way people jumped in say Oblivion for instance. their legs just stop moving and they fly in the air.

It isn't an over-reaction. Everything else combat, run and swim wise I've seen looks great. But there is just something about the main character's normal jump that reminds me of a blue hedgehog. As for oblivian, I'd call that a bug or poor quality assurance.

As for the ! and ? over npc's. That is common in new mmorpg's to signal that npc offers a quest. And if this game will have npc's like the last one. It will be for our best interest that we keep the ! and ? to find the quest npc's easily again. When the quest is done, they will go away.

Every time there I run into trouble on the road, there is always a dwarf at the bottom of it. Don't they know how to drive above ground?
apprentice
apprentice
-Thanks a lot for those videos Xanlosh smile

-About what you saw during the presentation : to be brief, lots of elements are still to be tweaked/ added / changed/ reworked etc... there were so many things we wanted fixed before showing it, but hey... we can only work at inhuman speed to make your favorite game come true wink

Have a good week-end everyone !

Hot the Dimsums please...
Yeah i have to admit the jumping looks a bit silly, especially with a 2hander strapped on your back.
Then again like someone said before, it sure beats oblivion's jumping animation.
Only watched the first bit of the first movie cause i don't want any spoilers smile
Game looks amazing though, i hope the engine is smooth and by that i mean been oiled to not demand to much of a system.

T
journeyman
journeyman
T
if it bother every one with the jumping.
it can be changed with other types of jump >_>; make the spinning a 30% chance to happen and so on...

Originally Posted by thirion
if it bother every one with the jumping.
it can be changed with other types of jump >_>; make the spinning a 30% chance to happen and so on...

How do you know that for sure?
And it doesn't bother me that much, i just din't expect to see it.
If i would have a better idea i would say it but to be honest i don't.

addict
addict
Let's see... I saw a bit of the first Youtube video. Hmm... not bad, although maybe the movement could be a bit more smooth. It looks pretty good, although still a little jerky, especially when he's running or jumping.

But first thing first: that chick who was talking about some "irresponsible stuff"? Her accent is awesome, man. smile Yes... the voice-acting ROCKS. Larian, hold on to the voiceactors. laugh

Edit: Also, I'd like to know if there are ways capable of blocking mind-reading, since there must be some attempts to devise methods and equipment.

Last edited by Raito; 23/08/08 05:27 PM.
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Freaker,
I pretty much skipped all the dialog (just moved the curser until it was just combat). There are a lot of neat things like creating attention to yourself for the orc's to chase you and you'll have a familiar that will help fight with you. Sort of like that zombie did in the 1st dungeon on Aleroth. The arrows look like spells though, guess it is to make it easier to see what is hitting you. Makes sense.

The combat is great, running is fast and swimming! Finally! To hell with stupid bridges! (unless over lava pits... then I'll happily use the bridge) Hopefully we get to that underwater kingdom described in the first game. As for the jumping.. hopefully there will be an option to have a more traditional approach to jumping. I'm still looking forward to this game, just apprehensive as this type of antics for main characters really does get on my nerves after a while.

addict
addict
Hmmm Lightning, what underwater kingdom? I completely don't recall anything. smile

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard