Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Lurker

- become a young and inexperienced dragon in div2 , only gaining experience and power with time?
- only be able to transform into a dragon towards the end of the game, when you're already quite powerful in human form?
- fight foes that are similarly powerful, like demons, and div2 simply has a "high power level"?
- be confronted with some challenges that cannot be completed by means of fighting, even in the form of a dragon?

Most of the standard starter enemies like animals, goblins and orcs wouldn't be a challenge for a dragon (except maybe in the form of an army), so if you can transform into a dragon early on, you probably face challenges in div2 that are quite different from those in other RPGs?

You'll have to "unlock" your dragon form and all the perks that come with being a dragon knight (there's more than just being able to transform in a dragon but more about that later). Your first taste of what it feels like to be a dragon is on average after a couple of hours (depending on how you play) but the real unlocking happens after you've already done some questing.

The approach in general has been that ennvironment/antagonists/story/scripting nudge you in the direction of "use dragon"/"use human"/"use both", so yes, there are things in there which you wouldn't want to handle in a human form.

old hand
old hand
Will we be able to change from Dragon into Human form and back in mid-air? This could lead to a few interesting battle techniques :p

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by isorun
Will we be able to change from Dragon into Human form and back in mid-air? This could lead to a few interesting battle techniques :p

I'm sure those goblins would be overwhelmed with your special splatter attack

It's one of these days...
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Lar_q
You'll have to "unlock" your dragon form and all the perks that come with being a dragon knight (there's more than just being able to transform in a dragon but more about that later). Your first taste of what it feels like to be a dragon is on average after a couple of hours (depending on how you play) but the real unlocking happens after you've already done some questing.

The approach in general has been that ennvironment/antagonists/story/scripting nudge you in the direction of "use dragon"/"use human"/"use both", so yes, there are things in there which you wouldn't want to handle in a human form.

Thanks for the info smile

It's my impression that many RPGs become either a bit boring or a bit unfair at high power levels, so I'm looking forward to see which challenges you've come up with for the dragon smile

T
stranger
stranger
T
How do I move in Divinity 2?
using WASD or with the mouse?

addict
addict
WASD, check out the thread below this one, Leipzig Games Convention ; a new thread for controls may be in order.

Last edited by flixerflax; 27/08/08 01:57 PM.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Draghermosran

I'm sure those goblins would be overwhelmed with your special splatter attack

I was thinking the same thing laugh

Please click the banner...
A
veteran
veteran
A
I wonder whether the change has some drawbacks or so ?

In my case, I'd need several minutes to accustom myself to a human form after having been in a dragon form for some time.

It's like being a frog before and then - as a human - trying to catch flies with your tongue ...

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
--Dilbert cartoon

"Interplay.some zombiefied unlife thing going on there" - skavenhorde at RPGWatch
stranger
stranger
what customization to character creation will be available ? Will there gender options and race ( just elves and humans would be fine ) ?

veteran
veteran
...Is it just me, or does anyone else want to see Alrik trying to catch flies with his tongue? laugh

addict
addict
Originally Posted by pony
what customization to character creation will be available ? Will there gender options and race ( just elves and humans would be fine ) ?

From memory: There won't be a race option but you do have the option to select your gender. There won't be any differences in your stats though whether you choose a male or a female character. Just like it was in DD. You also can define the looks of your character. I think there will be enough options for that, but I'm not entirely sure to what lengths you can go.

See me @ The Locus Inn & RPGWatch
A
veteran
veteran
A
Originally Posted by Elliot_Kane
...Is it just me, or does anyone else want to see Alrik trying to catch flies with his tongue? laugh

Ha ha ha !

:hihi:

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
--Dilbert cartoon

"Interplay.some zombiefied unlife thing going on there" - skavenhorde at RPGWatch
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Elliot_Kane

lulz...Nice one EK

But to go back...changing back and forth in mid-air would be crazy...fly up really high (I am guessing there will be flying enemies btw) turn into a human, fall towards the bad guy, slash em with a giant two handed sword, fall a little and change back.

Uber rpg001

stranger
stranger
i hope you would be able to do more then just spit fire balls in dragon from , i think ability of biting , scratching and tail lashing is necessarily too. By the way will dragon be just flying from or will you able to swim and walk in it too ?

old hand
old hand
I think Lar said somewhere that in Dragon Form, you will keep your Human skills, not sure though.

veteran
veteran
I think Lar said somewhere that in Dragon Form, you will keep your Human skills, not sure though.

Watch as this mighty dragon carefully lockpicks the treasure chest without triggering the pointy dart trap. delight

veteran
veteran
Or moves silently through the shadows, stealthy and unnoticed as he moves through the heart of the bustling metropolis... laugh

addict
addict
Btw, remember the so-called "summoner dolls" that you could equip, train and upgrade in Beyond Divinity? Will they still be here in ED?

addict
addict
I hope so! For the most part I thought the summoning system in BD was improved over DD, except for the fact that each doll was pretty much obsolete by the next act. You more or less had to start investing in a new doll in each act, and the points that went to the old one felt a bit wasted. With some tweaking of the skills this could easily be avoided.

Along the same lines, I hope we get a chance to add some NPC's to our party; not necessarily for the duration of the game (would be kind of hard for them to follow in you in dragon form - unless they rode you delight ), but at least for some major battles or quests it would be nice to have some companions to control/fight alongside.

Support
Support

I got the impression from a French preview that there would be some kind of unique creature(s) over and above the regular summoning spells, but it was only a short reference in a babelfish translation, so may or may not be accurate.

In BD the act 1 summoning doll could equip a crossbow, so kept out of harm's way can be useful throughout the game, even without upgrading. I only used it for the occasional tough fight (and as a mule, of course), and only upgraded it at the end of the main game (using the DK's skill points to learn the summoning doll upgrade skills).

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard