Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
old hand
old hand
Watch as this mighty dragon carefully lockpicks the treasure chest without triggering the pointy dart trap. delight

Or moves silently through the shadows, stealthy and unnoticed as he moves through the heart of the bustling metropolis... laugh

ouch I feel stupid now :hihi:

Still, it would be pretty fun to see a dragon sneaking through a city.

EDIT: another question just popped to mind: wil our character be speaking in some dialogs/cutscenes or is he/she just going to make combatsounds etc. but no real sentences?

Last edited by isorun; 31/08/08 06:15 PM.

veteran
veteran
From the Game Banshee interview:
One thing I can tell you already, the gender of your avatar determines the gender of your dragon.

This made me wonder what impact the gender of the dragon will have on the game. Do male and female dragons simply look different? Do we get to meet other dragons, and their reactions will vary depending on gender?

I wouldn't expect most non-dragons to be able to determine a dragon's gender at all, so I first thought Lar's comment was just a joke ...

A
veteran
veteran
A
Uh ? Mating dragons that encircle the character during flight ???

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
--Dilbert cartoon

"Interplay.some zombiefied unlife thing going on there" - skavenhorde at RPGWatch
stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Lurker
From the Game Banshee interview:
One thing I can tell you already, the gender of your avatar determines the gender of your dragon.

This made me wonder what impact the gender of the dragon will have on the game. Do male and female dragons simply look different? Do we get to meet other dragons, and their reactions will vary depending on gender?

I wouldn't expect most non-dragons to be able to determine a dragon's gender at all, so I first thought Lar's comment was just a joke ...

hmmm there should be some quests where you will take dragons for a date .

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by pony

And the reward is a cute little baby dragon! Of course only in case of success. Should not be too easy, though!

Last edited by Boneman; 02/09/08 06:07 PM.
stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Boneman
Originally Posted by pony

And the reward is a cute little baby dragon! Of course only in case of success. Should not be too easy, though!

if fail you get dragon STD

veteran
veteran
Oh no! Itchy scales! laugh

Please click the banner...
stranger
stranger
oh another thing i was curious about : as i remembered in old game you could consume food ( cool and realistic feature ) for health and manna you could also hunt animals for food . As a dragon (which is a big , naughty beasty with pointy teeth ,will you be able to devour cute, little critters like dears , sheep and milk maids for health and manna ?
which leads me to another question : will the world be as static as it was in old game (which was horrid ) You buy all the bear in the store and stock never gets refiled :'( . Will things like items in stores , herbs and monsters come back after time ?

addict
addict

And it burns when you...err..trying to make a fire joke here...

Pony;

The shopkeeper's inventories did replenish, though often not nearly as quickly as I wanted them to. Herbs and plants regrowing makes sense with a reasonable time delay (a la the Witcher). Monster respawn is debatable. I kind of like the idea of "clearing" an area of baddies. I definitely wouldn't want monsters to respawn during the same game session (Sacred - ugh ouch) unless it was plot related.

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by flixerflax

And it burns when you...err..trying to make a fire joke here...

Pony;

The shopkeeper's inventories did replenish, though often not nearly as quickly as I wanted them to. Herbs and plants regrowing makes sense with a reasonable time delay (a la the Witcher). Monster respawn is debatable. I kind of like the idea of "clearing" an area of baddies. I definitely wouldn't want monsters to respawn during the same game session (Sacred - ugh ouch) unless it was plot related.

...Diablo II... ouch

addict
addict
Btw, I heard or know there's a female playable character too. What I'd like to see is a real female character, not someone who's overtly sexualised, someone who... basically looks and feels very human like that dude we see in the forum banner. *points up*

veteran
veteran
Only one Fall-From-Grace, Raito smile

Please click the banner...
T
journeyman
journeyman
T
Originally Posted by Raito
Btw, I heard or know there's a female playable character too. What I'd like to see is a real female character, not someone who's overtly sexualised, someone who... basically looks and feels very human like that dude we see in the forum banner. *points up*

you mean.. a female with a beard?

veteran
veteran
compromise, the male hero is turned into a female dragon? (would deliver some funny dialogs)

Not in the mood for cheese?
That excuse has more holes than a slice this fine Gorgombert!
stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Morbo
compromise, the male hero is turned into a female dragon? (would deliver some funny dialogs)

Omg stop that sexually frustrated teenage dragon from hugging my leg XD

A
veteran
veteran
A
I've got a question:

Do dragons of Rivellon have their own culture(s) ?

I'd suggest so; it would make the game far more interesting ...

Even social groups among the dragons could be possible ...

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
--Dilbert cartoon

"Interplay.some zombiefied unlife thing going on there" - skavenhorde at RPGWatch
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard