Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Raze #358758 27/12/08 11:00 PM
Support
Support

The '..\Divine Divinity\Run\config.div' file is plain text, and can be opened in any text editor (such as Notepad). DivX apparently also uses that extension, but if you hold the Shift key down and right click on the file, you should get an 'Open With' context menu entry which will let you open it in a text editor, or you can drag and drop the file onto a Desktop shortcut for an editor, etc.
See my post above for more details.

apprentice
apprentice
I've looked into the game files, and to be honest there is NO config.div text file, is this a sisign the game may need removing and then re-installing and patching?

I've just had a look at CD1 of 3, there is a note here stating that the ART No. is CDR7066/UK2; does this shine any light on the subject, or could it just be a missing file from the original install?

Anyway - a somewhat belated Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year to all.

Palimpsests

Hackin' & Slashin' all the way!
Support
Support

If you have the English version of the game, the file should be there. Check the folder for any files just named 'config'. Starting with XP, MS' default option in Explorer is to hide file extensions for known file types (you can change this in the Options). There should be two such files in the run folder, config.div and config.lcl (if the extensions are hidden, the file type should differentiate them if the folder view is set to details).

AFAIK the North American and UK releases were identical (my CDs contain the same 'art' number, except they end in 'US2' rather than 'UK2').

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth 

Link Copied to Clipboard