Next Thread
Print Thread
#359169 19/01/09 08:08 PM
S
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
I am new here and I nave never played the previous games but have seen them and have been interested in them. I just never got around to purchasing them, I might change that here soon though. Anyway, my question is, is this game being released in North America or not? If not, then I guess I will have to import the English version.

Thanks in advance,
Syr

Syrionus #359170 19/01/09 08:19 PM
Support
Support

Yes, it is. Publishers have not been announced, but like DD and BD, D2:ED will be released in North America.

Welcome to the forum. wave

Raze #359171 19/01/09 08:40 PM
S
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
Thank you for the reply Raze.

I am going to order DD and BD from amazon today. Sad that I waited this long to get them. Anyway, I am looking forward to D2:ED.

Syrionus #359174 19/01/09 11:23 PM
journeyman
journeyman
If you buy Beyond Divinity, you'll get Divine Divinity in the box with it. At least, when I bought mine that's the way it came (I bought BD on release). Was a great way to get into the series, especially since DD was the better game of the two.

Equisilus #359177 20/01/09 01:05 AM
Support
Support

The version of BD that came with DD was a limited edition, only available in certain regions. It may not be impossible to find now, but if a listing for BD somewhere doesn't specifically state that DD is included, then it will not be (the original release of that version of BD had a sticker on the box saying DD was included).

I got DD and BD when they were released, but got a few other games as a result of various topics here (either 'best RPG' posts in the chat forums, or when making suggestions or comparisons with other games). Some I missed completely when they were released, some I thought looked good when they came out, but not good enough to pay full price for, so had to be reminded of them. grin

Raze #359180 20/01/09 02:19 AM
journeyman
journeyman
Ah, I didn't know it was a limited release. Too bad; it was one of the best surprises I had while purchasing games, especially considering the quality of DD. I suppose it's too long after the fact to expect to find it these days.

Equisilus #359188 20/01/09 01:39 PM
enthusiast
enthusiast
Yeah, I remember when I bought DD it was a big surprise, 'cause I hadn't really thought much of it from the box or hype. It was funny and enthralling, and extremely well made with only a fraction of the money big companies can throw at it. You can see the heart Larian put into that game, and that's what makes it so good. If you've got something like that, you don't need the latest graphic engine and famous voice actors.

If you want another surprise, check out this Russian game called Evil Islands. It's from some unknown company, with unknown publisher, an unknown game. It's old, it's tacky, it's the cheapest game I ever bought (2€ new) and it gave me a whole lot more fun than many expensive games have. Had some good concepts too, and though, like in most european games, the English voice acting was awful, it was godawful to the point that it was incredibly funny.

Haha, man, I could never count the games I've played, but there are a whole lot, mostly RPG's and action games (no fps though). But there are tons of games I consider guarded secrets; great games too few people know about. DD is one of those.

I hope, perhaps, Ego Draconis will be the public secret; the great game everybody knows about.

swordscythe #359196 21/01/09 12:16 AM
veteran
veteran
I've been meaning to get Evil Islands for years! Just never quite gotten round to it. But I will... Some day! smile

Please click the banner...

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard