Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#358342 04/12/08 02:34 PM
Myrthos Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
Four new screenshots and eight pieces of artwork can be found on RPGWatch.

See me @ The Locus Inn & RPGWatch
I
stranger
stranger
I
Lot's of new Creature-Artoworks.

Nice, thanks. laugh

Mmmmm! Nice! You know - I am starting to feel like a little kid waiting for christmas ... claphands

journeyman
journeyman
Whats with the red flying ship (or something) that pops-up everywhere?

A
veteran
veteran
A
Reminds me of the game "Windchaser".
http://windchaser-game.de/

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
--Dilbert cartoon

"Interplay.some zombiefied unlife thing going on there" - skavenhorde at RPGWatch
Do I see dragon dogfights? eek grin

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

E pensando di lei
Mi sopragiunse uno soave sonno
Ego dominus tuus
Vide cor tuum
enthusiast
enthusiast
PCGames placed some screenshots on their site, some of them showing the (console?) interface.

Link

There will be an article about Div2 in upcomming PCGames magazine, too, including a film with ingame scenes on DVD. The magazine is going to be released tomorow.

"They say if you play the Windows XP CD backward, you can hear satanic words." - "Oh, that's nothing. If you play it forward it installs Windows XP...!"
veteran
veteran
I really like the look of that airship smile

I'm somewhat irritated by the Warcraft-like look of some pieces of equipment, though - most of the weapons look like they were made for ogres, and the shoulder spikes on that girl's armour are higher than her head. A little "heroic" exaggeration is okay, but aren't you overdoing it?

I'd also be interested in screenshots that show different facial expressions. If dilemmas are an important part of the game, I'd like to see grief or anxiety or happiness or pain in other people's faces; I think this would go a long way to keep the player involved and to illustrate the (potential) consequences of his actions.

To be honest, I'm still a little skeptical whether those radiant eyes will easily allow a face to show emotion.

A
veteran
veteran
A
I still hate this stupid arrow on the third picture of the second row (the skeletons), the arrow floating atop of that enemy.

The ring symbol is clearly stolen from the cover of Mike Oldfireld's "Light & Shade" http://tubular.net/covers/large/LightAndShade.jpg laugh

(It's one of his imho weakest albums, by the way.)

--Dilbert cartoon

"Interplay.some zombiefied unlife thing going on there" - skavenhorde at RPGWatch
veteran
veteran
Is it me or are the new screen shot a bit darker and less shiny frown

Not in the mood for cheese?
That excuse has more holes than a slice this fine Gorgombert!
Check out some new cool screenshots!
http://www.worldofdivinity.de/

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Morbo

They probably adjusted the bloom a bit :-),which is a good thing right?

A
veteran
veteran
A
I always love flowers ! smile

--Dilbert cartoon

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Merendrious
Originally Posted by Morbo

They probably adjusted the bloom a bit :-),which is a good thing right?

As seems to be common with the current generation, "realism" means the graphics look like I'm viewing them through a used coffee filter. What isn't brown is grey, and what isn't grey is too dark to make out.

http://www.joystiq.com/2006/10/23/the-color-of-next-gen-gaming-is-brown/

veteran
veteran
[Linked Image]

I rather play the right game then the left game.

enthusiast
enthusiast
They both look like the same game to me.

Try playing Guild Wars. It's beautiful and all the characters look like they are models, male and female. Even the Necromancers are goth pretties, and they even get scars that look pretty. Scars that look pretty!

The Witcher was gray and dark. The Witcher pwns Guild Wars.

Oblivion is really pretty too, and so is Gothic III. And Fable II I think as well? Rise of the Argonauts is very pretty. WoW is very bright, unless you're in a dungeon. Usually, there are bright regions and dark regions. But these are all recent games. All colorful.

So I disagree with the assessment. It's been said that ED will be bright at first, but grow darker and darker. I like that.

When you're fulfilling a grim task in a bright neighborhood, it's kind of weird.

If you mean the brightness difference, I have no doubt your motor skills are capable of using a Brightness slider.

veteran
veteran
The Witcher was gray and dark.

the witcher was dark, but also used a fair ammount of bloom.

and here is a screenshot of the more sunny side of the witcher. Looks pretty colorful to me (and it is cloudy!)
http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/9318/fieldgy8.jpg

When you're fulfilling a grim task in a bright neighborhood, it's kind of weird.

I agree, but this is usually paired by "cloudy weather", in a swamp (fog) or near a vulcano. These are "natural" dark makers of an environent. but looking at the angle of the light, it looks like it is almost noon. That means to me that the texture in this region are not reflecting enough light.

If you mean the brightness difference, I have no doubt your motor skills are capable of using a Brightness slider

It is a combination of brightness, contrast and saturation.

Then again:

http://www.larian.com/images/divinity2/Divinity2_Ego_Draconis_17_enl.jpg
http://www.larian.com/images/divinity2/Divinity2_Ego_Draconis_18_enl.jpg
http://www.larian.com/images/divinity2/Divinity2_Ego_Draconis_12_enl.jpg
http://www.larian.com/images/divinity2/Divinity2_Ego_Draconis_11_enl.jpg

These are great, but was this a previous engine (with diffirent light settings) or the last engine?

enthusiast
enthusiast
The problem is, the devs are looking to optimize an entire game, while we're going off on one screenshot to say "that's bad!" or "do this!". Perhaps if you make it like the second screenshot, a second after the screenie an explosion takes place that is WAAAAY too bright, thus the first 'grayer' option is more desirable. Though I couldn't see your picture of the Witcher, I think you're talking about the part you spend in "The Fields", right? That was disturbing, to me. It was also the most difficult part for my pc to process. I had framerate issues, even though my PC is pretty strong. I don't know if it matters how bright the area was, but I don't think that it's altogether so simple as "I like Screenie 2 better"

The first one looks as if the sun is blocked by the clouds a bit. The second one looks as if the sun is shining from right above. They're a bit different, but I don't hold either one as "better".

veteran
veteran
Once again I agree. Indeed I don't know the full picture and the environment settings.
I am just saying that this generation of games(fallout, gta4) has the annoying aspect of puttung a gray brown lens infront of the camera. Yes it is more realistc. But it is also more depressing! That screenshot launched my panic reflex since it doesn't realy fit with the rest of the screenshots.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Ah.. well I didn't play fallout or gta 4 smile I'm a fantasy nut only... heh. I don't mind bloom in games, as long as it doesn't make the game look like fable where it comes across as childish, especially compared with the cartoony models. I'm sure it'll be colorful enough, though. All the screenies so far seem to suggest that.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard