Thanks for the answers!!! birthdayjump I can't wait to play it

Arkray #360859 23/03/09 05:08 PM
old hand
old hand
Lynn or any other Dev I've got another question smile
Will there be a demo for xbox 360?

addict
addict
One question: there will not be isometric, hmm?

Oh well, hoping that third person camera won't make me so sick as first person view does. :P

addict
addict
The latest official answer to that is:
The game is primarily played in third person view. It is however possible to zoom in close to the player or out to get something like an isometric view.

See me @ The Locus Inn & RPGWatch
Myrthos #360996 26/03/09 02:04 PM
addict
addict
Oh, that's good. smile Third person camera isn't too bad if it's optimised nicely.

addict
addict
Will there be shades of morality in this game that's about consequences and how NPCs react towards you? I just can't remember that. =P

stranger
stranger
Ive got a question about the dragon armor. How will u get it will u have to quest for it? And im pretty sure someone said about customizing your dragon so does that mean as in the dragons looks or something else?

They say because I'm a gamer i don't have a life....Well, RIGHT DOWN LEFT LEFT RIGHT UP! Now I have thirty.
veteran
veteran
Here's again a small forum FAQ thanks to Farhang wink

--

The first question refers to the previous FAQ:
Q: Does equipment still use durability, & is exp general or broken down?
A: Equipment does not use durability and XP is “spent” and “earned” through out the game

Why equipment does not use durability?
Durability slows down the gameplay, in order to keep it streamlined and avoid traveling back and forth to blacksmiths we removed it.

How does the female version of "the slayer" look like? Will there be any pictures soon?
Check http://www.divinity2.com – you should find some there.

Has there been a publisher announced for North America yet?
We are still negotiating.

Will we see connections between the 3 games (Beyond Divinity, Divine Divinity and Divinity 2)?
There is a general story continuation and of course lots of winks to the other Divinities are present that only the vigilant gamers will notice wink

The brothel area in Divine Divinity was hilarious... :p
I'd love to see a return of that area laugh Can we?

The times have changed and our hands are tied by the ratings. Still, we came up with some stuff…

Will there be a demo for Xbox 360?
We’ve got plans for one, but no final decision has been made on that front.

Will there be shades of morality in this game that's about consequences and how NPCs react towards you?
Sure there will, we’re putting the player in some very tough moral situations, we even have a cave that we call the “Morals Cave”.

I’ve got a question about the dragon armor. How will u get it: will u have to quest for it? And I am pretty sure someone said about customizing your dragon, so does that mean as in the dragons looks or something else?
The player quests to find his dragon armor and with that he can customize the looks of his dragon.

Lynn #361477 06/04/09 02:16 PM
D
journeyman
journeyman
D
Originally Posted by lynn
I'd love to see a return of that area laugh Can we?
The times have changed and our hands are tied by the ratings. Still, we came up with some stuff…

What rating will D2 have?

Originally Posted by lynn
I’ve got a question about the dragon armor. How will u get it: will u have to quest for it? And I am pretty sure someone said about customizing your dragon, so does that mean as in the dragons looks or something else?
The player quests to find his dragon armor and with that he can customize the looks of his dragon.

It will be cool if certain (if there are different dragon armors in the game) dragon armors can morph together with the player when he/she transforms into dragon... so, if you are in a human form, dragon armor will take form suited for human body and when player transforms, dragon armor will transform into its dragon suited form smile

Lynn #361480 06/04/09 02:33 PM
addict
addict
Why equipment does not use durability?
Durability slows down the gameplay, in order to keep it streamlined and avoid traveling back and forth to blacksmiths we removed it.

That's one way to look at it. Durability is about making choices. If it is a skill it is a choice to take it or not. If not then you have to take care of what weapons you use. I would consider it to be an addition to gameplay.

See me @ The Locus Inn & RPGWatch
Myrthos #361482 06/04/09 03:09 PM
old hand
old hand
Will the Publisher for North America hold up release I really hope not your fans in Europe are heavily anticipating this game smile wink
Hope we do get a demo hopefully before release?

Last edited by DivineGamer; 06/04/09 03:11 PM.

stranger
stranger
Thanks for the answers Lynn. biggrin

They say because I'm a gamer i don't have a life....Well, RIGHT DOWN LEFT LEFT RIGHT UP! Now I have thirty.
veteran
veteran
This is just a lore question, so it's not that important, but...

What Rivellon year did Divine Divinity take place in, and what year is it in Divinity 2?

There were some names for the months of the Rivellon calendar given in DD – (January = Aventuris, September = Sembten, October = Octavianus), are there canon names for the other months?

Myrthos #361503 06/04/09 08:24 PM
addict
addict
Originally Posted by Myrthos
Durability is about making choices. If it is a skill it is a choice to take it or not. If not then you have to take care of what weapons you use. I would consider it to be an addition to gameplay.

Agreed. And it's removal is a limitation (albeit a minor one). Trips to merchants are neccessary anyway, I never really found repairing troublesome. (DD, D2, Titan Quest, can't really think of any other games that used it).

On a broader note, "streamlining" is not always a good thing. It can run periously close to "dumbing down." Take the upcoming Diablo III, which has all but removed the role playing from "Action-RPG" - no more buying those pesky potions (baddies drop health orbs as in a FPS) no more headaches over confusing stat points (auto-leveling of attributes now), no more relying on hotkeys, it can all be done with just the mouse, with virtually no trips to merchants, just click click click on monsters from game start to finish!

It's a bad trend. Not that Divinity 2 seems to be coming anywhere close to this, mind you. I just can't help feeling alarmed any time developers say they're eliminating choices in the interest of making the action more non-stop or for whatever reason. It's not all about action. It's about stepping into the shoes of your character and becoming as immersed in his/her world as possible.

I'd love to see a return of that area \:D Can we?
The times have changed and our hands are tied by the ratings.

BTW, what is Div2 going to be rated anyway? 6 and up or something? It's not like Divinity 1 was The Witcher or anything...

flixerflax #361506 06/04/09 11:05 PM
journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by flixerflax
Agreed. And it's removal is a limitation (albeit a minor one). Trips to merchants are neccessary anyway, I never really found repairing troublesome. (DD, D2, Titan Quest, can't really think of any other games that used it).

Titan Quest didn't use any form of durability/repair on equipment. Everything kept its same quality throughout.

But, I agree. Repairing would not be bothersome. I actually prefer the added complexity of managing worn weapons, although I fully understand why some people find that aspect of gaming tedious. I think that removing durability is a good thing overall, as more people would be annoyed by its inclusion than would be bothered by its removal.

Equisilus #361691 10/04/09 05:41 PM
D
journeyman
journeyman
D
How complex will character leveling system be? Same as DD, upgraded DD system, simplified like in Mass Effect or something completely new?

How complex will item attributes and bonuses system be? Simplified with only attributes like damage and attack speed for weapons, amount of armor for helms, gauntlets etc, same or similar to DD were items gave bonuses such as, +x points to strength, constitution etc., upgraded with lots of attributes and bonuses?

Last edited by drazac; 10/04/09 05:49 PM.
drazac #361692 10/04/09 06:37 PM
Support
Support

I don't know about leveling, but the equipment attribute system should be at least as complex as DD and BD (except for dropping durability, which is more of a 'make work project' than an addition to gameplay, anyway).

From the topic Skill synergy;
Originally Posted by Lar_q
The entire idea behind having a classless skill system is to acutally provide both skill combos and synergy. The philosophy behind all of this goes actually one step further - by allowing equipment/stats/items and skills to affect each other, you allow for a great variety of character builds, increasing the depth of your character development system.

Raze #361825 15/04/09 09:19 AM
veteran
veteran
More questions and answers thanks to Macbeth! smile

--

Hope we do get a demo, hopefully before the release?
That has yet to be decided.

In which Rivellon year did Divine Divinity take place, and in which year is it in Divinity 2?
We don’t actually have a set year in mind, but some sixty odd years have passed since Damian escaped from Nemesis at the end of Beyond Divinity, which means the events take place about eighty years after the story of Divine Divinity.

How complex will the character leveling system be? Same as DD, upgraded DD system, simplified like in Mass Effect or something completely new?
The game boasts five attributes you can spend statpoints on that influence six more resistances and modifiers. Add more than sixty distinctive skills to the mix and you get a good idea of how deep the RPG experience can take you. Everything is designed so that you can make every character you want, whether that is the straightforward axe-first-talk-later barbarian or a woodsman who deftly uses his summoning skills to give his enemies a target, then dodges out by hiding in the shadows and strikes down his confused enemies from afar with poison-tipped arrows. You decide.

How complex will item attributes and bonuses systems be? Simplified with only attributes like damage and attack speed for weapons, amount of armor for helms, gauntlets etc, same or similar to DD were items gave bonuses such as, +x points to strength, constitution etc., upgraded with lots of attributes and bonuses?
Items will definitely be as varied as they were in Divine and Beyond Divinity, so to weapon damage and armour rating you can add the augmentation of skills and attributes, and on top of that, many of the more powerful items can be charmed as well as enchanted!

If the player transforms into a Dragon, will he still be able to walk on the ground?
No, the Dragon is the master of the sky. Human combat is very versatile as it is, so a walking Dragon would actually spoil the fun. But don’t for a second think there won’t be enough to burn to cinders in the air…

Can you change the Dragon's form and will the form change the gameplay (beause that Elf Dragon looks SOOOOOO GOOOD)?!
The Dragon has a fixed appearance – though you have the male and female variety. So you can’t become a Dragon Elf, but believe me when I say becoming a Dragon is way cooler. Also, the different types of armour will give your Dragon a unique flavour, so you’re good there.

I know that you can breathe fire, but can you choose between fireball, and flamethrower?
Yes indeed, the Dragon has a variety of different skills, and fireball and fire breath are among them.

Are there uses for the mouth and the claws, like biting heads of or taking "passengers"?
No, the Dragon is all about ranged combat

Will the Dragon growl, if yes, can I manually growl?
The Dragon does roar and growl, but it does not have a horn function.

Can you become a vampire? (=joke :-D).
Our dark lord Dracula has requested not to be impersonated in video games. (Those Castlevania guys don’t know what they have coming.)

Lynn #361827 15/04/09 09:23 AM
old hand
old hand
I've got a quick question.
Will negotiating a NA Publisher delay European Release?

Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard