Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
aluinie Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Hi all first time here long time Divinity fan though.

Looking forward to this game with great interest loved the first one.

The reason for my post is that on loading the Divinity 2 website i cant help but listen to the music especially the main title tune it put simply is one of the best pieces of music for a game that i have heard in a long long time.

I just wanted to ask who the musician was and that is there any possibility to buy the music as a download or a cd and also what other music has the musician done before.

Thanks and looking forward to the game looks to be one of the stars of 2009.

addict
addict
The music in all Divinity games is from Kirill Pokrovsky. He has is own website here. You can download the tracks from Divine Divinity and Beyond Divinity from his site, but not yet the tracks from Divinity 2. Some of those can be heard on the Divinity 2 site (in the media tab).

See me @ The Locus Inn & RPGWatch
aluinie Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Thanks for the information he certainly is one of my favourite musicians. Liked Divinity 1 music by him.

Great man, I remember the music from the Divine Divinity kept me in game, the music counts as a major component in a game. smile

The Shocker is here!
veteran
veteran
I like the music, but I wish there was an option on the website to turn it off, it's a bit distracting when you're trying to listen to the podcasts and music in the audio section.

old hand
old hand
There's a small icon on the top of the website(next to the language button) which you can click to mute the sound so you only hear the podcasts or other soundfiles from the media tab.

stranger
stranger
Still have my autographed Beyond Divinity Soundtrack CD from Kirill Pokrovsky. Man that was well over 4 years ago! Good to see the music is still flowing. A strong soundtrack for the game is important to me and glad to see it's in good hands again.

--==Richie Truxillo==--
https://www.richietruxillo.com

A
veteran
veteran
A
I never bought it, because I don't use credit cards.

Most of the world doesn't realize that credit cards are still uncommon in Germany.

The official Genesis Fan Club checks the age of possible members via credit cards ... I don't have one, so I'll never be in it ...

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
--Dilbert cartoon

"Interplay.some zombiefied unlife thing going on there" - skavenhorde at RPGWatch
Originally Posted by AlrikFassbauer
I never bought it, because I don't use credit cards.

Most of the world doesn't realize that credit cards are still uncommon in Germany.

The official Genesis Fan Club checks the age of possible members via credit cards ... I don't have one, so I'll never be in it ...

And why aren't the credit cards common?? My sister for example lived in Austria(pretty close) and now in Italy, and all they use are credit cards...I can say they don't even see cash in months.

The Shocker is here!
enthusiast
enthusiast
i think you're talking about debit cards/bank cards. I have to say, I would never use credit cards myself... Knowing people who got in trouble because of them; I consider them to be dangerous. I use my debit card all the time though.

A
veteran
veteran
A
Yes, I mean that.

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
--Dilbert cartoon

"Interplay.some zombiefied unlife thing going on there" - skavenhorde at RPGWatch
My mistake then, I was talking also about debit cards.

The Shocker is here!
enthusiast
enthusiast
Part of the reason why they are uncommon is that credit cards can't be abused in Germany like in the USA. There is a law that every credit must be repaid (I think it was 3 month) from the date of purchase. That law mainly kills the reason to buy stuff now and pay several month later. It may be a european law as well but it definetly is a german one. The only way to avoid these 3 month is to take a loan or a pay-rate plan with your bank or the shop where you buy something.

That plus the german banks are quite strict on who get's one. Several credit card companys need a regular income or other guaranties to even give them to the customers. That certainly doesn't improve their view in the mind of the customer.

Last edited by MAsterX; 24/06/09 03:18 AM.

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard